• Donny

Votes: 13 11.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 55 48.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d be happy with a draw, a defeat would be disappointing (as ever)... but a win would be absolutely incredible, ten straight wins in all comps and a victory against a top team, at their place, who are also bang in form! I’m not even going to hope for more than a draw, but win this and I’d really start to believe we can do amazing things this season

Last edited:
I can see us beating these! With the new additions and the current form, we should fear no one! I would like to see the following 11:

Stevens
Long Moore Atkinson Ruffels
Gorrin
Henry Brannagan
Shodipo Taylor Barker

Last edited:
Doncaster currently only 3 points behind the top two teams, with 3 and 2 games in hand. They could very well win the league this season, so any points at their place will be an achievement.

Lots of draws with them over recent years. Would happily take a point at this time.

I can see us beating these! With the new additions and the current form, we should fear no one! I would like to see the following 11:

Stevens
Long Moore Atkinson Ruffels
Gorrin
Brannagan Henry
Shodipo Taylor Barker
I think that’s our best team at the moment, although that will depend on how Barker plays of course. I’d maybe have Henry on the right of the midfield two, Brannigan on the left.

That side is solid defensively, can pass well in the middle and has pace and trickery on the wings. Love it

We’ve got to commend the job Darren Moore is doing there. I would have put Doncaster down as chasing the last playoff place at the start of the season but he has them going for the top two places without any real standouts in that squad. It may be a good time to play them since Ben Whiteman has left.

This is a real test to see how good we are. Beating the likes of Northampton, Bristol Rovers and Rochdale who won’t trouble the top half is one thing, but taking points away from home against possible playoff rivals or automatic promotion chasers is another. I don’t think we could get away with a performance like we did against Rochdale and expect to take something from the game. We’ll have to be sharper than that.

A draw would be fine but the way we’re playing at present and with so many wins to our name, I want to be greedy and keep that run going.

I think that’s our best team at the moment, although that will depend on how Barker plays of course. I’d maybe have Henry on the right of the midfield two, Brannigan on the left.

That side is solid defensively, can pass well in the middle and has pace and trickery on the wings. Love it
Whoops, just noticed I had Henry playing on the left. I’ve edited the original post to reflect the change you mentioned.

After listening to ‘Wasn’t At The Game’ last night, I am VERY excited to see what Barker can do. As they mentioned, he has played at a higher level for several clubs so I can see him hitting the ground running and making an immediate impact. He is match fit and ready to go!

I think Henry HAS to play in the middle now. He came on last night and played really well in CM and that’s been the case, whenever he has played well this season.

That’s a VERY exciting team! Dare I say it, better than any we have had in previous years. We also have some really good options off of the bench. Can’t wait to see what Lee can do!

Last edited:
Whoops, just noticed I had Henry playing on the left. I’ve edited the original post to reflect the change you mentioned.

After listening to ‘Wasn’t At The Game’ last night, I am VERY excited to see what Barker can do. As they mentioned, he has played at a higher level for several clubs so I can see him hitting the ground running and making an immediate impact. He is match fit and ready to go!

I think Henry HAS to play in the middle now. He came on last night and played really well in CM and that’s been the case, whenever he has played well this season.

That’s a VERY exciting team! Dare I say it, better than any we have had in previous years. We also have some really good options off of the bench. Can’t wait to see what Lee can do!
As you've hinted on the last line of the post, I'd also like to see Lee get quite a few minutes on Saturday. If he can reproduce the form of when Luton got promoted, then he surely has to be pushing for a starting place.

Got a feeling we will win against Donny then lose/draw at Brizzle on Tuesday

Here is what Donny think about the match. https://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=279468.0
A quote from their forum,
"a signature of his [KR] teams wherever he has been, and we need a strong referee who is up to the off the ball and cynical fouls his teams employ in those areas.
Oxfords right back in our away game last season wanted his leg breaking, as he spent most of the game trying to do it to our lads and got away with it."

Not sure he has that right to put it mildly. I've always seen us as one of the 'soft' teams.

"a signature of his [KR] teams wherever he has been, and we need a strong referee who is up to the off the ball and cynical fouls his teams employ in those areas.
Oxfords right back in our away game last season wanted his leg breaking, as he spent most of the game trying to do it to our lads and got away with it."

Not sure he has that right to put it mildly. I've always seen us as one of the 'soft' teams.
FOOK THE BALL! GET INTO ‘EM! If they’re seen as soft, I would definitely be advising players like Taylor, Long and Gorrin to get at them!

On the whole they seem an ok bunch on their forum. Seem to think we are flush with cash. That is debatable given our debts. Interesting that they highlight we haven't really played any of the top teams on our winning run. Will be a tough match on Saturday. Will be happy with a draw but feel this could be the end of our run.

Not sure who that would have been? Cadden? Can't say I remember that. I'm still annoyed about the 3 points they stole of us at the Keepmoat last season. One of a couple of games (Blackpool being the worst) that we managed to lose after completely dominating.

The Donny game is a huge challenge as they are playing as well if not better than us at the moment which is likely to accentuate both our strengths and our weaknesses. I think we will find it very hard to beat them. However, if we do, we follow this with two very winnable games at Bristol and at home to Wigan. A winning streak that long would put the fear of God of everybody in the League and position us for the first time this season for an assault not just on the playoffs but the first two places.

I'm going for posponed frozen pitch on this one, if it does go ahead a draw would be a good result and will keep us in the mix for the play offs. Don't think we have enough to win this one but if somehow we do we need to follow it up with a good result at the Gas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom