• SUB: Henry

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bath Yellow

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike Oldfield? Think he was born in Reading, that's the kind of shite I expect to come from there.

Chapterhouse, Teleman? That's kind of my point, we've immediately left football when talking about the rivalry.

That first Chapterhouse album is a bit of a guilty pleasure. I mean, I know it's s**t, but...

I grew up pretty much exactly half way between Reading and Oxford. When I was a teenager we used to go to Reading only for shopping and once a year for the festival. Oxford is and always has been a far more interesting place - better bands, better venues, better culture, better people, better architecture, better pubs, better parks and better football team.

I have moved the other side of Reading on the Hampshire/Berkshire/Surrey borders and although Reading is only 12 miles away we don't even use it for shopping, go to Basingstoke or even Bracknell, London for a day out, wouldn't even come into our minds to go to Reading. Only time I go there is to change trains to get to Oxford, just a commuter town, bigger version of High Wycombe.

But thats what football rivalries are about, we don't just have a go at Swindon for having a s**t football team, but for being a shithole with ridiculous roundabouts.
There's normally more of a catalogue of bitterness and triumph, saying 'it's not as good for shopping as Basingstoke' is hardly Old Firm territory. Granted, the 'we'll never play you again' thing certainly counts and they're just a s**t suburban plastic team like Wycombe.

There's normally more of a catalogue of bitterness and triumph, saying 'it's not as good for shopping as Basingstoke' is hardly Old Firm territory. Granted, the 'we'll never play you again' thing certainly counts and they're just a s**t suburban plastic team like Wycombe.

Well at least shopping is an actual thing, not liking someone because of a schism in the Christian faith 500 years ago is a lot more ridiculous.

Started work early so I could finish early today. Can’t wait to make my way over to Paddington for the train there. Anyone know what the best pub will be?

As someone from South Oxfordshire I agree with @LostMarbles earlier post as I hated seeing Reading shirts popping up in Abingdon and Oxford. I was only a kid when I last saw this fixture, but I can’t stand them.

Come on Oxford, now is the time to get back on track with a win. I’m sure all 3,000 of us will sing our hearts out for the lads tonight.

Let’s get into those biscuit-munching royal plastic w***ers!

COYY 🐂 💛💙

Ticket sales still looking dreadful from Reading. Looking at their website I'd say 14,000 tops (including us).

We're all going to sing "let them die, let them die, let them die" when they throw their tennis balls on the pitch, right?

So what are we singing tonight?

Going Down?

Going Bust?

You can stick your ****ing tennis balls / biscuits up your wotsit?

What else?

Karma comes back to you!

Next time in Oxford, you'll be playing City!

I can't wait for tonight.

Last edited:
Those of us who grew up in south Oxfordshire know what this means. It’s a huge game for that part of our fan base. Appreciate it might not be for those east, west or north of the city.

A month ago we would have easily beaten them. Now I’m Not so sure.

I have a feeling that whoever scores first wins. We don’t seem to be able to claw back after conceding recently. The only caveat to that is they are a young team and let in loads of goals late on (inexperience?).

I don’t care how we do it, just win. I know a lot of Reading fans so it’s going to be unbearable if we lose, especially given the state of their club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom