• SUB: Henry

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bath Yellow

Last edited by a moderator:
On the allocated seats thing, under the impression that clubs can't officially sell something as unallocated seating without amending capacity for said stand to reflect that you'll potentially have more people in rows that seats as group congregate. (I think Cambridge did it on the first day which is why the block to the far right wasn't usable)

But what they do on the day is up to them e.g. Advising stewards to inform people it is sit anywhere etc.

Clubs who have huge away ends and don't net most of it off even when a smaller away following, often see sense and say sit anywhere - Sheff Weds/Wigan etc come to mind more recently.

Sold out smaller away ends they often seem to start saying sit where your ticket says but then give up.

It would make sense tonight for them to say sit anywhere and use sensible stewarding to direct people to where spaces are. That way everyone knows the position from the start and people can choose where to sit based on the best combination for them of view/ability to stand/desire to be in the noise.

Enforcing allocated seat when no-one has had any choice of their seat has always been ridiculous
I used to agree 100% with the 'sit anywhere' thing but when it's sold out all too often are we told to sit in seats, but some people don't and the whole system fails. I've seen it get quite unpleasant when that happens.

If you're a club I suppose it makes sense if it's a sold out away end to tell them to sit in the allocated seats - it makes life easier for you and in theory reduces the likelihood of problems, but as I say that only works if absolutely everyone obliges.

I'll be interested to see what happens in the 'GU' sections tonight, as you would've assumed those who wanted to stand/sing would have chosen to go behind the goal.

If I had the wings of a sparrow
If I had the a**e of a crow
I’d fly over Reading tomorrow
And s**t on the bastards below 🎶

Ps simply don’t get folks who aren’t amped up for this . We are never winning the premier league. This is the stuff that really matters. Big atmosphere. Bragging rights. First time in 20 years. The way they thought they were bigger because they got madjeski and we got kassam. They should be embarrassed and humiliated today for singing “we’ll never play you again” .

I’m a middle aged family man living in suburbia with a relatively ok job and I don’t give a s**t that some may judge me for this. I hate these fuckers, I love the bullshit that comes with this game (as long as nobody gets seriously hurt) and this is what its about. Let’s do this. 💪🏽🟡🔵🟡

If I had the wings of a sparrow
If I had the a**e of a crow
I’d fly over Reading tomorrow
And s**t on the bastards below 🎶

Ps simply don’t get folks who aren’t amped up for this . We are never winning the premier league. This is the stuff that really matters. Big atmosphere. Bragging rights. First time in 20 years. The way they thought they were bigger because they got madjeski and we got kassam. They should be embarrassed and humiliated today for singing “we’ll never play you again” .

I’m a middle aged family man living in suburbia with a relatively ok job and I don’t give a s**t that some may judge me for this. I hate these fuckers, I love the bullshit that comes with this game (as long as nobody gets seriously hurt) and this is what its about. Let’s do this. 💪🏽🟡🔵🟡
Well said Otto..

Football is all about escapism! Lets make it a lively, old school, non-stop singing sort of night. f**k the plastic cheslea supporting pricks who never thought they'd play us again, can't wait to rub their noses in it this evening.

Josh Murphy to score a banger tonight, you read it first here!!

I don't feel anything about Reading so just another game for me. Late twenties so just the nature of never playing them..

I cannot get my head around the fact we have not played them since 2004, that was the League Cup and we have not played them in the league since 2001.

The last time we beat them was Nov 1999!

I remember an article in FourFourTwo that stated in 2006 "Reading are looking forward to a new future as an elite club, whilst Oxford have sunk without trace"

Always stuck with me that, felt like a pariah supporting my club whilst a shiny new premiership plaything was down the road attracting all the casual support in the area. Hope we stuff them.

However my head is saying a cagey 0-0 based on current form.

Back in 2012 my first son was named after a player that scored against Swindon that year ... On Thursday my fourth son will be born bloody hell I hope someone with a nice name score's the winner for us tonight 🤣🤣

Back in 2012 my first son was named after a player that scored against Swindon that year ... On Thursday my fourth son will be born bloody hell I hope someone with a nice name score's the winner for us tonight 🤣🤣
Best of luck with the new arrival

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom