Chairman Winding up order served by Kassam

We have an option to extend the lease, he only has to put up the lease to make it hard for us to sign again.
This WUP was started a while ago long before last Thursday, hard to see why this is unravelling like this, it's the fans who suffer as always.
Would of FK of got his money if we went into administration.
I am well aware of the fact of whe the WUP proceedings would’ve started although as I see it he has wanted us gone for a long time as the state of the pitch, toilets , concourses etc prove. FK would get his money as our assets eg players would be sold.

One of the many things that popped into my head as well.

Robinson and McWilliams have come in for a lot of stick, but it cannot be easy working in these conditions.
Spot on , with this! Robinson etc have been knocked alot , but hey , if you worked for this lot , you would be off,would you not?
I am not saying Robinson is manager of the year ,btw.

It’ll be fine we’ve just got to wait until April after Thohir wins the Thai election for his mate and builds us a wonderful new ground North of Oxford.

On a serious note it’s a f*****g disgrace and the fact Mixter has a press release out but the club won’t discuss this sums up the parasites involved with OUFC at the moment.

If you still have your head in the sand over our current ownership it’s time to pull it out!!!!

I suppose in a way this was to be expected. wasn't it said in one of the 5 minute radio interviews that basically more s**t was coming?

• React
Reactions: m
I think sometimes it seems so frustrating and looking like this isn't ever going to end. But, correct me if I'm wrong, the agreement signed by Merry has under 10 years to run, so the question would be: Is it worth throwing away all our history and completely starting again?

At the moment I think the answer is no. Owners come and go, as do staff and managers. History is something you can't replace though. The stadium situation will be solved eventually, it will take a lot of time, but it's not something that is, as of yet, unsolvable.

This. As long as there is life in OUFC, we should keep rallying around it. Phoenix clubs and the like should only be considered when the final legal t’s are crossed and i’s dotted when a club folds.

Under the right stewardship this club can succeed to a League 1 level. That’s the maximum we’re going to get under current circumstances - we spend too much in rent and have no revenue streams to make us viable as a Championship club. I can contend with that for a time if I know there is a plan for when NM’s nightmarish agreement comes to an end. Also, I’d sooner be following an FL side at the foot of League 1 than be Torquay, Stockport, Hereford and Chesterfield. Not all clubs have the romantic promotion-after-promotion fairytale that AFC Wimbledon have had.

Finding that owner is hard work though. I can’t say for certain but surely, surely Juan Sartori would have been better than this?

To be fair there was a good interview with Sartori in the OM where he explained his vision and how it was all going to be financed. Unfortunately I think it was then that DE threw his toys out the pram and pulled the plug, saying something along the lines of too much information being leaked. Unfortunately, a year on, and we still wait for a Tigers grand vision to be shared with us.
In that interview, if I remember rightly, Satori mentioned the words real estate when talking about how the club would be funded but not a lot else.

One of the many things that popped into my head as well.

Robinson and McWilliams have come in for a lot of stick, but it cannot be easy working in these conditions.

I would have far more respect for these two "leaders" if they started to treat the fanbase with respect and honesty even if this meant going "off script". I would hope that, internally, they are giving those absolute morons on the board both barrels.

Genuine sympathy for the likes of the ticket office staff, admin team, Chris Williams, Mick Brown et al who deserve far better employment conditions.

If Tiger hasn’t built in a clawback from Eales over this arbitration issue he’s a fool.

Also I thought one of the reasons given for the earlier winding up petitions was they hadn’t paid hmrc because of costs such as this arbitration?

it's just one shitstorm after another. I'll be glad when this seasons over and hopefully we're still a league one team

We don't know that Sartori would have been a better buyer of OUFC. But the point is we can be pretty sure that Mr Eales didn't research Tiger very thoroughly, which you might have expected if he had the best interests of the club at heart. There must certainly be doubts about how Tiger handled himself at Reading, and also questions about how wealthy he really is, how much of that wealth might have been directed at OUFC and how much debt he was carrying at the time.
From what I've seen on various other websites Sartori has only put £3m (20%) into Sunderland and is now heavily involved in putting himself forward as a candidate for the Uruguayan President's job in forthcoming election, he's promised Uruguayan people 100% of his time.
Not sure there are any easy answers.

That’s right until fans protest nothing is going to happen.
KR would be sacked if the crowd stood together and chanted him out.
Even Kassam left after the protest to the board room and us sat outside.
If you ask me the ultras have one last job it’s to organise a protest against the club.

I don’t think it’s down to one group, it’s down to all those prepared to take action to show the club, as Blackpool have constantly done, we did regarding Thames Valley Royals and the storming of the boardroom.
There will be no support from the wets, but chanting from the fans, simple banners.
Look how effective the upside down banners by the ultras was.
It comes down to how much do Oxford fans want both Kr and tiger out how many fans are prepared to support it.

I'm going to go a bit against the grain here and be more outraged against FK for this action rather than Tiger and the board. Why now ? How is this action, brought by the self appointed custodian of the club, anything other than an attempt to stir up further animosity and ill will between the two parties. I can see no business sense in taking this course at the present time.

This is purely a vindictive "don't f**k with me" message, designed to cause not simply [further] financial problems, but to embarrass and destabilise the board. I thought that Stadco was being petty on Saturday but now it appears that this is a conserted effort against the club and it's officers.

It's not so much the winding up orders that are getting to me it's the pure bullsht being given out by the club. I'd be content if tiger released a statement saying 'we are having money issues, we may get some more winding up orders but we will handle them' not telling us there are plans in place and it won't happen again just to happen another month later and him and the club look like idiots. Just be honest no matter how sht the situation.

This. As long as there is life in OUFC, we should keep rallying around it. Phoenix clubs and the like should only be considered when the final legal t’s are crossed and i’s dotted when a club folds.

Under the right stewardship this club can succeed to a League 1 level. That’s the maximum we’re going to get under current circumstances - we spend too much in rent and have no revenue streams to make us viable as a Championship club. I can contend with that for a time if I know there is a plan for when NM’s nightmarish agreement comes to an end. Also, I’d sooner be following an FL side at the foot of League 1 than be Torquay, Stockport, Hereford and Chesterfield. Not all clubs have the romantic promotion-after-promotion fairytale that AFC Wimbledon have had.

Finding that owner is hard work though. I can’t say for certain but surely, surely Juan Sartori would have been better than this?
Torquay , are doing well at mom , top of the south. Apart from the Welling game , that is.
But , yes you are right. And would love to ask DE , for the reason of this.

Does anyone know the outcome of the arbitration? From memory the reports I read over the years all implied kassam simply refused to have anything to do with the process. So presumably the debt has built up while in arbitration.

Now that's over, he's after his cash. But I can't find anything about how the arbitration finished, did we just give up?

If we didn't, the arbitration would have led to a settlement - doesn't look like there had been one.

Last edited:
Does anyone know the outcome of the arbitration? From memory the reports I read over the years all implied kassam simply refused to have anything to do with the process. So presumably the debt has built up while in arbitration.

Now that's over, he's after his cash. But I can't find anything about how the arbitration finished, did we just give up?

If we didn't, the arbitration would have led to a settlement - doesn't look like they're had been one.

We were confident of winning the arbitration but ran out of money to keep fighting it!

Back
Top Bottom