International News Donald Trump 🍊🇺🇸

He worked for a very satirical publication called Private eye which says a lot of things, I’m not trying to defend what he had written in the past by no means whatsoever. I’m not calling it mistakes but it was the past I doubt very much now that he would say such things but obviously you’re not a fan of Boris or even the Tories but rather him as PM than JC or even by some miracle the Lib/dems. But regarding the financial aspect during the pandemic I think the Tories have done a good job. No doubt you will come back at me over the total deaths the PPE or even Cummings, but if you can put that to one side you cannot fault the Chancellor and what he has done in financial help for people and buisness
Excluding the confusion over 'Spectator' and 'Eye', why does use of satire 'say a lot of things'? And please can we stop referring to Corbyn. The man was an incapable destructive force for Labour Baz but - and this is important - he wasn't elected as PM. Boris was and has barely made an adequate job of it. I'm not convinced that the thinking behind Rishi Sunak's measures came from either Boris or Cummings. Boris must be anxiously looking over his shoulder. Rishi is a rapidly rising Tory star (future leader?) whereas Boris is reinforcing his image as a bumbling incompetent.

Now, admittedly I can't claim a complete lack of bias here, but on the Boris balance sheet I'm seeing an increasing number of red numbers in the negative column and very few (any?) black numbers in the positive column.

I have a very intelligent, right-leaning friend who recently proclaimed Boris was good for the country because he 'got things done.' He didn't appreciate the irony that Boris / the Tories might make correct decisions eventually, but rarely get things done first time around.

At the other end of the intellectual scale, I had to endure a bloke telling me Boris was the best leader since Churchill. He offered no explanation - or even a reference to Thatcher - and he didn't seem to think providing evidence to support his claim was necessary. I'm guessing he'd support the use of the remaining Spitfires to strafe cross-channel immigrants, and travellers of any description.

That was a private conversation. ? ? ? :ROFLMAO:

Dog-whistle politics from Bojo, straight out of the Trump playbook to unite the far/alt right, racists and Billy Britains from all walks of life behind him and make them think he's one of their own...that they can trust him....that (and this is the important bit) their vote is safe with him.

What Boris actually thinks is completely irrelevant, but he knows, just as Trump does, just how powerful the dog-whistle is in an age where populism is king. Pied pipers for the modern age! . . . Just look at his recent and frankly ridiculous frothing over the proms....he knows how to work his audience I guess!

But Boris isn't necessarily the worst thing in the recent history of British politics....I think Corbyn just about edges it in the the race to be the shittest leader. They do have a lot in common though in that both have managed to hollow out their respective political parties and fill them with sycophantic, fanatical and quite often pretty angry and vindictive yes men/women. Labour are currently redressing this (hence all the froth about "civil war") whereas the Tories are still continuing their journey into the abyss at pace. If I were a betting man, I would predict it will not end well for Bojo, Dommy or any of their current cohort. The fact that they are the government of the day means that quite a lot of us little, normal, not rich, not important folk will end up as collateral damage if the Tory descent isn't slowed by the likes of Sunak. They're also busy changing the rules of engagement within public sector, where it is now the heads of quangos and other NGOs who fall on their swords and take the blame, rather then the government and it's incompetent ministers, allowing them to appoint yet more sycophantic yes people to those establishments too (plenty parachuted into various departments already - competence not required, but being on-message is). It's like Night of the Long Knives for the modern age, but slower and less violent (maybe Year of the Utter Pricks?)

Anyway, this is the Trump thread, so maybe back to his Orangeness for a moment - What a freak show the RNC is turning out to be. If he loses the election, it is rigged because postal voting is riven with fraud, even though there is no evidence to back that up AND Trump himself votes by post!
Very few notable senior republicans coming out in support of SCROTUS at their conference (In fact I think almost as many Republicans spoke at the DNC in favour of Biden- lol!) - his family members and other nepotistic hangers on are left to do that and they don't care about facts or accuracy - much of what they rant about (Kimberly Guilfoyle, anyone?) is neither factual or accurate....but it plays to their core who appear cocooned in some alternate reality. Theres' also the small matter that using offices of state to promote a party political line contravenes the Hatch Act, but guess what...that is exactly what the Trump organisation and GOP have done.

Someone compared this Presidential race to the recent Champions League final. The result will have nothing to do with who is perceived as technically the best footballing team and everything to do with who wants it the most and the lengths and depths they will go to to win it, by fair means or foul.

I'm not convinced that the thinking behind Rishi Sunak's measures came from either Boris or Cummings. Boris must be anxiously looking over his shoulder. Rishi is a rapidly rising Tory star (future leader?)
They’ll put Sunak forward before the next election is my guess. Johnson is just a clown they wheel out when they need people to clap and cheer and give him their votes, because he’s an effective campaigner. That’s why they’re so happy for him to be on holiday with his trap shut, which will continue for as long as he’s apparently the PM. He has someone who tells him what to think and believe in Commie Dommie and now they’re looking for somebody else to say it, in the form of this official PM spokesperson who will head our American style press conferences later in the year. He’s a place holder until he’s successfully delivered a full and forceful Brexit, and if that’s even half as damaging as it looks to be, he’ll be out for Sunak just as soon as they need to start looking towards an election. He wanted the top job, he sold his soul to get it, but with that comes a bloody ending. He will die by the sword, just as soon as the grey suits dictate that he’s run his course. Sunak is the friendly face of the furlough and will also be held up as the chance to have our first BAME leader, and show how brilliantly progressive we are as a nation, which will be deliciously ironic to witness as they’ll be asking for Conservative votes from those who voted Brexit as a protest against immigration, as well as those who rally against the very idea of BLM. I’m not even saying it won’t work - they’ve proven really good at getting people to slit their own throats. It’ll just be funny and oh so predictable to see.

One of Trump’s kids will try for the Presidency at some point. They’ve built a right wing brand in the form of their family name. They’ll disappear for a while if the Donald is chucked out, but at some point the time will be right to rattle the cage and go “Get us back in there!” His eldest daughter is one to watch. She’s much quieter and is clearly very bright, always observing and learning, and is said to be next in line to the throne in terms of the family empire. Meanwhile his elder sons come across like overgrown, American Pie frat boys. Which might make them an obvious candidate while Ivanka sits in the background rolling her eyes but holding the power. That seems to be how a lot of so-called populism operates. Get the cartoon character at the front of it all, carve people down the middle aggressively with their outlandish behaviour, get the votes in, and then have someone behind them with a box full of toys, ready to give them something to keep them busy after they’ve won while other people get on with actually being in charge.

Most people know this, including a lot of people who support it. It is what it is.

There is speculation that Boris will be gone in Feb, as soon as the Brexit debacle is 'over'. Of course they won't say it is because he is bloody useless, it will be 'has led the country through a difficult time', 'young family', 'still feeling the effects' etc.

Edit: Aren't we on the wrong thread here? This one is supposed to be about the useless blonde American buffoon, not the UK one!

There is speculation that Boris will be gone in Feb, as soon as the Brexit debacle is 'over'. Of course they won't say it is because he is bloody useless, it will be 'has led the country through a difficult time', 'young family', 'still feeling the effects' etc.

Edit: Aren't we on the wrong thread here? This one is supposed to be about the useless blonde American buffoon, not the UK one!
Yeah...but this is a classic Alt Right squirrel tactic, aimed at deflecting attention away from the shitness of one thing and focussing everyone on the shitness of something else and hoping they forget the shitness of the first thing into the bargain...which works for the hard of thinking I guess! :LOL:

Gove guides the grey suits and tells them where to place the knives.
Boris currently has their backing whilst the World is very un-certain and the strap line about Brexit unites (or holds together) the party.
Once normality returns and the divorce is finalised there will be a brief period of calm and then the knives will appear and a Sunak/Rory-esque character will ride in like a knight on a trusty charger to lead into the next GE.
Sunak will carry the kudos of furlough, eat out to help out etc and scores on the diversity scale as well.

Back on track.............. the Donald was a whole new shade of orange yesterday!!

Excluding the confusion over 'Spectator' and 'Eye', why does use of satire 'say a lot of things'? And please can we stop referring to Corbyn. The man was an incapable destructive force for Labour Baz but - and this is important - he wasn't elected as PM. Boris was and has barely made an adequate job of it. I'm not convinced that the thinking behind Rishi Sunak's measures came from either Boris or Cummings. Boris must be anxiously looking over his shoulder. Rishi is a rapidly rising Tory star (future leader?) whereas Boris is reinforcing his image as a bumbling incompetent.

i would hoper Rishi does stand at some point in the future he would make a good PM problem is there is the racism issue, unfortunately there are to many voters no mater what party would not want an Asian as our PM.

i would hoper Rishi does stand at some point in the future he would make a good PM problem is there is the racism issue, unfortunately there are to many voters no mater what party would not want an Asian as our PM.

Well those voters are fortunately outnumbered in Rishi's own Yorkshire constituency, one of the safest Conservative seats in the country. Perhaps the fact that he is Asian is not that big a deal for most.

Well those voters are fortunately outnumbered in Rishi's own Yorkshire constituency, one of the safest Conservative seats in the country. Perhaps the fact that he is Asian is not that big a deal for most.
I’m just saying, look at Cheltenham the Tories has an MP called John Taylor a very safe Tory sear but he lost....he is Black he was made a lord but he lost because of his colour, Rishi May have won in Yorkshire there is a large Asian population which is fair enough but the election the votes come from the whole of the U.K. and tragically there are still many hidden racists whether they say they aren’t or not.

I’m just saying, look at Cheltenham the Tories has an MP called John Taylor a very safe Tory sear but he lost....he is Black he was made a lord but he lost because of his colour, Rishi May have won in Yorkshire there is a large Asian population which is fair enough but the election the votes come from the whole of the U.K. and tragically there are still many hidden racists whether they say they aren’t or not.

Maybe just Tory voters are racist?

Maybe just Tory voters are racist?
In the case of Taylor yes they are but there are plenty who aren’t but the voters in the U.K. who are racist in all the political parties

Fair enough but Wikipedia tells me Rishi's constituency is over 95% white British so I'm not sure if it's a Yorkshire being more diverse type of issue either.

I was being playful Bazzer but having read a couple of articles about John Taylor it's a murky picture.
I know you were but yes there is some murkiness regarding John Taylor but Cheltenham showed their true colours which is disgraceful

Back
Top Bottom