General Traffic Management

Does anybody else find those bloody flashing amber lights distracting behind the fence end during most of the game when they’re sodding about with their cones?!?
Cant say ive noticed them from Ssl (fence end ) during recent matches?

Does anybody else find those bloody flashing amber lights distracting behind the fence end during most of the game when they’re sodding about with their cones?!?
I did notice them from North Stand ...didn't worry me too much but I thought if there were more it could be distracting

The irony in all this, is a good number of fans have been asking for traffic management to be sorted for quite some tune, but perhaps didn't appreciate that they would have to adapt to the system for it to work.

The irony in all this, is a good number of fans have been asking for traffic management to be sorted for quite some tune, but perhaps didn't appreciate that they would have to adapt to the system for it to work.

Or maybe the system is too shite to adapt to?

Absolutely no point in having a system that doesn’t in some way control the foot fall across “that” zebra crossing or preventing cars pulling up on double yellows for a few minutes, which prevents any reasonable flow of vehicles.

Pedestrians should have priority over zebra crossings and I don't know why that shouldn't be the case after football.

The flow of traffic out of the stadium has always been reasonable hence the build up of traffic on the junction with the A4130.

It’s VAR all over again.

Pedestrians should have priority over zebra crossings and I don't know why that shouldn't be the case after football.

The flow of traffic out of the stadium has always been reasonable hence the build up of traffic on the junction with the A4130.
Have I missed something A4130?

Absolutely no point in having a system that doesn’t in some way control the foot fall across “that” zebra crossing or preventing cars pulling up on double yellows for a few minutes, which prevents any reasonable flow of vehicles.
I think the assumption is that trying to control the unofficial zebra may not help, would people stop crossing a bit further along? It is a fine line, no one wants to cause an injury by speeding traffic too much.
I suppose the only people that could stop people parking on verges temporarily would be the police. And if they tried would all the fans be behind this? I suspect they would get a bit of grief! In an ideal world you control the amount of cars that park on grass near priory but how? Land owned by Firoz?

Have I missed something A4130?

Maybe he on about the new stadium in Didcot ? on the issue of the a4074. Can something be put in place that stops inpatient drivers using the left hand lane at the fork and trying to push there way in to the right lane to go to Sandford. It holds up the people wanting to go the direction of Nuneham Courtenay.

Maybe he on about the new stadium in Didcot ? on the issue of the a4074. Can something be put in place that stops inpatient drivers using the left hand lane at the fork and trying to push there way in to the right lane to go to Sandford. It holds up the people wanting to go the direction of Nuneham Courtenay.
Yes that one :)

I think the assumption is that trying to control the unofficial zebra may not help, would people stop crossing a bit further along? It is a fine line, no one wants to cause an injury by speeding traffic too much.
I suppose the only people that could stop people parking on verges temporarily would be the police. And if they tried would all the fans be behind this? I suspect they would get a bit of grief! In an ideal world you control the amount of cars that park on grass near priory but how? Land owned by Firoz?

It is great that we do have significant parking available but I guess that ultimately it is the design that causes problems, and no amount of traffic control will overcome that.

It is great that we do have significant parking available but I guess that ultimately it is the design that causes problems, and no amount of traffic control will overcome that.

If there was a path the other side of the road across from the shop/side of frankie and bennys then half the people would not need to use the zebra outside the front of the Ozone. My route currently to get from the North stand to Littlemore where I park requires me to walk all around the east stand, south stand to the zebra crossing, past the shop, accross the zebra before the bridge then once over the bridge I have to cross the road again to get to path that goes under the railway line. Idealy I could walk across the fence end and join the path leading to the overflow but there isn't one.

At NFL games they avoid pedestrian and traffic flow issues by building little footbridges ...why couldn’t we have this by the bowlplex?

It requires the Landlord to agree and there may be consequences for insurance etc for Firoka.

Lots of football clubs do not allow cars to move until all pedestrians have dispersed, I remember missing our train in our last away game at Blackburn the other year as we jumped on a bus to town, it didn’t move for ages which is why lots of fans of “big clubs” leave with 5 or 10 minutes of the game remaining....
Parking in the overflow car park has always been a nightmare however parking behind the East stand has improved no end with the traffic management however it does fill up rather quickly especially over our last 3 home matches...!

I agree, but it kind of relies on people reacting correctly to the system and listening/responding to the new system.

It sounds like the issue is not the new system per se, but people double parking and parking in places they shouldn't do, with a dose of zebra crossing. Do they have someone moving cars on who aren't paying attention - my pet peeve in those sorts of situations.

Back
Top Bottom