General Traffic Management

The system at Forest stadium the last time we went was: as you arrived you were sent to the end of a line of cars parked nose to tail pointing towards a gate. When the line was full, another line was started along side (like at a ferry port) then another etc etc. It does rely on most people getting to their cars pretty soon after end of match, but there was space to manoeuvre out. Seemed to work ok. .

May all have changed now though

Could you not ride a bike from Kennington going over Sandford lock? I wouldn't say it would take much more than 15 mins. Maybe a suggestion for the club is if they can sort some kind of shower, changing rooms for this option. After all we are meant to be a cycling city.

Kassam on matchday has a reputation for bike thieves sadly.

Kassam on matchday has a reputation for bike thieves sadly.
Yeah I used to live in Kennington and am a keen cyclist but would never ride to the Kassam.

I think there's money to be made for secure bike storage and a shower...

Throw in a massage and you could be talking ??
My mind has gone wandering but not the same way as you. A cycle shop and cafe in the space at the rear of the East Stand with space for secure bike parking on matchdays and welcoming club runs on Sundays. And why not a sports massage or two!

Never seems many cyclists on grenoble road
Plenty of bikes in the racks so they probably all come from the Littlemoore and BBL. Or maybe there are loads of cyclists on Grenoble Road but like every other bloody motorist you fail to see them. ;)

Anyone know if Dunnock Way is okay to park on?? Don't see many people parking there on match day and can never see any permit/restriction signs. What am I missing??

Cba walking 20 minutes tomorra.

FALSE NEWS.

Santa tried to deliver to the Kashstad the day before yesterday, and he got put in the overflow car park as all the others were full. He had to go to the stadium on foot and on his return he found the runners on his sleigh had been removed.

FALSE NEWS.

Santa tried to deliver to the Kashstad the day before yesterday, and he got put in the overflow car park as all the others were full. He had to go to the stadium on foot and on his return he found the runners on his sleigh had been removed.

Ah, I thought that Steve Evans had lost his razor!

My mind has gone wandering but not the same way as you. A cycle shop and cafe in the space at the rear of the East Stand with space for secure bike parking on matchdays and welcoming club runs on Sundays. And why not a sports massage or two!

Plenty of bikes in the racks so they probably all come from the Littlemoore and BBL. Or maybe there are loads of cyclists on Grenoble Road but like every other bloody motorist you fail to see them. ;)
The bike racks area joke, not secure enough.

How many times has the ‘new traffic management’ system been used now?

I would also like to know:

a) what has it achieved? And b) what does it cost and who is paying for it?

Just askin...
Did you think it did or didn't?

Back
Top Bottom