General Traffic Management

Perhaps that nice Mr K, in his revitalised car park maintenance programme and his new plans for a temporary stand, will build a footbridge so he can take us on a journey...

but then again..
Probably solve part of the car parking issues with building flats on the land.

Parked in overflow a few times but then I always end up leaving early dreading the potential 1 / 2 hour wait, however that turns out to be pointless if the 'stand manager' is telling the stewards to let no one walk past the away end and walk the whole way round the stadium. Now for any game I drive I park in BBL plenty of parking which isn't restricted.

It may have been commented already but was the parking by the priory stopped last night?
I bet there hasn't been many evening 8000 crowds with dreadful weather!

Yes....The priory was blocked off. Only about 20 spaces lost, but you have to ask why? What harm does it do to park on the derelict land anyway? It’s not as though parked cars will spoil the aspect and aesthetic beauty of Firoz’ well known, recently renovated, up market, top end bar/restaurant ‘The Priory & ?’ is it?

:mad:

Yes....The priory was blocked off. Only about 20 spaces lost, but you have to ask why? What harm does it do to park on the derelict land anyway? It’s not as though parked cars will spoil the aspect and aesthetic beauty of Firoz’ well known, recently renovated, up market, top end bar/restaurant ‘The Priory & ?’ is it?

I assume it's for safety and traffic flow reasons.

can be a pain if you ever have to push a wheelchair and cars are blocking the drop kerb

It's all rather unusual that something is happening good or bad!

I parked at the stadium last night to avoid the walk in dreadful conditions from my usual space in Littlemore. Arrived at 6.45 and queued from the science park roundabout to get in, the hold up was not trying to find a space it was the cone men stopping cars turning right unless they have a permit. Can't these that have a permit continue to the next roundabout on Grenoble and enter that way. Parked in the first part of the overflow carpark. I did notice people still queing to get in at 7.40. (the coning of the roundabouts from the science park just adds to the congestion I think) but I think alot of people are not allowing enough time to get here. I left the match 5mins before the end (7 year old son past his bed time with it being delayed) and exited the North stand and was allowed to walk through the wall. Got to the car and pretty much straight out. The cone men were directing out and were doing a good job of letting a few cars out of each car park at a time. I will probably revert to parking in Littlemore for the next game as I would prefer to stay and watch the whole match.

Why is it a complete joke? has it had a detrimental affect on you? do you know that it has not improved the general speed that cars can get away from the stadium complex?

Yes it has, we used to park in the stadium Car park but the traffic is now so slow we have to park quite a way away and walk down, my dad is in his 80’s and had a bad fall the other night walking to the game, what they are doing/have done had made no difference whatsoever, had actually made it worse, hope that clarifies things for you!!

Well if it’s to help improve things, it is clearly not.
I don't think it's clear that it's made it better or worse! Since the traffic changes have been made a big percentage of the matches have been historically larger crowds.

Last edited:
For years everybody has been Moaning saying that something needs to be done/stewards should be directing traffic etc etc. Finally the club has taken some positive steps and now all everyone is doing is moaning. I think it needs to be given time, there’s probably an element of trial and error about it and hopefully in the long run they will get it right.

One thing that would help North standers who park at the ground is if they didn’t have that ridiculous wall up every game forcing us to walk the whole way round the stadium. Especially after they have put info out it wouldn’t be up (Rotherham game) and then it is in place. I’m sure originally it was only going to be used at high profile/risk games, now it is up pretty much every week.

Tiger said on the five minute thing Thursday it needs to be given time people will get used to the change. The problem with that is you probably have at least five hundred away fans who will not be used to it each game. I don't know whether they have some control over the pedestrian crossings, but unless you do it will not work. I park elsewhere normally but parked there on Tuesday it was over half an hour plus before I got out.

For years everybody has been Moaning saying that something needs to be done/stewards should be directing traffic etc etc. Finally the club has taken some positive steps and now all everyone is doing is moaning. I think it needs to be given time, there’s probably an element of trial and error about it and hopefully in the long run they will get it right.

One thing that would help North standers who park at the ground is if they didn’t have that ridiculous wall up every game forcing us to walk the whole way round the stadium. Especially after they have put info out it wouldn’t be up (Rotherham game) and then it is in place. I’m sure originally it was only going to be used at high profile/risk games, now it is up pretty much every week.
I sit in the North Stand and yes it is annoying when the steel wall is shut! You can imagine though that it can eliminate potential trouble. The wall is ready to be used in groups of matches it seems, the Wall was up on Tuesday but not actually shut. Whether this was always the intention I don't know. Five minutes extra walk is not too bad is it? And any new young families kept away from any issue's.

Try this, Fred. Use an apostrophe to indicate possession (e.g. "Those things in the corner are my husband's" differs in meaning from "Those things in the corner are my husbands") and for contractions (e.g. "it is unimportant" to "it's unimportant"). You don't (do not (y)) use them for plurals if you want to write properly*

* As long as your meaning is clear it doesn't matter much, and in public only a pedantic cunt like me will pull you up for it.

• React
Reactions: m
Try this, Fred. Use an apostrophe to indicate possession (e.g. "Those things in the corner are my husband's" differs in meaning from "Those things in the corner are my husbands") and for contractions (e.g. "it is unimportant" to "it's unimportant"). You don't (do not (y)) use them for plurals if you want to write properly*

* As long as your meaning is clear it doesn't matter much, and in public only a pedantic cunt like me will pull you up for it.
I'm sorry I'm bored again! Thanks for info. I find it quite a lot of hassle typing apostrophes as it is on my keyboard! i might as well miss them out completely.

Back
Top Bottom