General Traffic Management

Problem with unipart is unless your coming from the east or north its not easy to get to by car. There needs to be an option for fans travelling from south or west. Maybe Redbridge Park and ride. I wouldnt mind that option if the bus was cheap enough and frequent enough.
Good shout that.

Last night I got the Oxford tube and made the mistake of not getting off at St Clements and Gloucester green instead.

Had a couple in the wig and pen, and cow and creek (what a s**t name for a pub)

Got a number 5 which took nearly 45 mins to get to BBL, return jumped of a bus at the top of the Cowley road around to St Clements and missed an Oxford tube so waited, finally got one, jumped off at Shepherds Bush and got a taxi back home and walked in the door at around 1:15am

Up at 5:30am to get to Welling for a meeting.

I am not moaning, get on with it FFS..

Up the U's!

On the A40 (from London) around 6pm there was a sign saying to use park and rides for the football. Which I guess meant park and ride at thorn hill, bus to town, bus to stadium and same in reverse. I’ve used that for a town centre gig and it’s not cheap once you’ve parked and paid a bus ticket. (Perhaps £4 park and £3 bus?).

So the uni part option was probably better. Unless people use the bits of the leys outside the Restricted zone :)

As for the science park , don’t think there is any option to sublet it whereas the light industrial in Coventry probably own their land.

Arrived in the car park behind the Jim Smith Stand at around 1715. There were hi vis jackets all over the place. They were letting cars in, but there were very few spaces left. We initially parked on an area often used before, but a particularly officious 'parking person' simply said "you can't leave it there" and promptly walked off ignoring requests for areas where we could park...eventually we parked in a bay which was about 50% obscured by brambles... by reversing in and crushing the weeds down.

As for obscuration of parking bays ....If the car park was properly maintained (by firoka?) there would be several more spaces available.

Arrived in the car park behind the Jim Smith Stand at around 1715. There were hi vis jackets all over the place. They were letting cars in, but there were very few spaces left. We initially parked on an area often used before, but a particularly officious 'parking person' simply said "you can't leave it there" and promptly walked off ignoring requests for areas where we could park...eventually we parked in a bay which was about 50% obscured by brambles... by reversing in and crushing the weeds down.

As for obscuration of parking bays ....If the car park was properly maintained (by firoka?) there would be several more spaces available.
and perhaps if the police, along with sky sport crew vehicles hadn't commandeered disabled spaces that too would've made a few more (disabled) spaces available

s**t getting in from Sandford on Thames direction, so good to see the traffic management vehicle stuck in the traffic too at 5.45pm!!

s**t getting in from Sandford on Thames direction, so good to see the traffic management vehicle stuck in the traffic too at 5.45pm!!

That was due to people coming out of science park, who wanted to turn right towards Sandford but couldn't because roundabout coned off, then doing u-turns just after the roundabout!

Last night I got the Oxford tube and made the mistake of not getting off at St Clements and Gloucester green instead.

Had a couple in the wig and pen, and cow and creek (what a s**t name for a pub)

Got a number 5 which took nearly 45 mins to get to BBL, return jumped of a bus at the top of the Cowley road around to St Clements and missed an Oxford tube so waited, finally got one, jumped off at Shepherds Bush and got a taxi back home and walked in the door at around 1:15am

Up at 5:30am to get to Welling for a meeting.

I am not moaning, get on with it FFS..

Up the U's!
Bloody hell, that was a late night.....
we were not quick getting out of the ground due to putting my “Lincoln Yellows” flag at the bottom of the disabled area in the north stand and we were behind the goal in the east stand so had to wait till most of the crowd dispersed to fetch it, we did though get out of the car park (behind the east stand) fairly quickly, I remember we were at pear tree roundabout in just over 30 minutes and then walked in my door in Lincoln at 12.35am just over two and a bit hours later.....
Still smiling about out performance, still wondering how we did not score 2 or 3 goals in that second half and very much proud of everything to do with our club, the management and our supporters....

Got there early (4.30 ish) and parked on the Grenoble Rd about 300m from the first roundabout. Even after cheering the team off, still managed to get back to the car and away before the managers were giving their press conferences on Rad Ox.

HOWEVER, in my rush to get in my car I managed to step in dog s**t which I then trod into the car mat and pedals! What are the traffic management bastards doing about that???!!!

Got there early (4.30 ish) and parked on the Grenoble Rd about 300m from the first roundabout. Even after cheering the team off, still managed to get back to the car and away before the managers were giving their press conferences on Rad Ox.

HOWEVER, in my rush to get in my car I managed to step in dog s**t which I then trod into the car mat and pedals! What are the traffic management bastards doing about that???!!!
Did you throw your footwear away, or did you use a knife out of your kitchen drawer, rinse them under the hot tap and in turn contaminate your whole kitchen......
I think you had best get the experts in........!

are you saying we shouldn’t try and improve the access to the stadium for our fan base?

Star Wars is showing every hour all day on Saturday from about 9am, so anybody moaning about one of the biggest free car parks in the country best get ready to s**t themselves.

Did you throw your footwear away, or did you use a knife out of your kitchen drawer, rinse them under the hot tap and in turn contaminate your whole kitchen......
I think you had best get the experts in........!
I put them in the garage last night and am unsure whether they're going in the washing machine or the bin!!!

Improve access to and from the stadium? Of course. We should look to make any and every positive difference we can.

Still really not sure why you think I wouldn't want this?!

I didn’t know what you were saying. That’s why I asked. To clarify .

your original message had mild inference to a relatively easy experience which perhaps could have suggested all was fine.

I didn’t know what you were saying. That’s why I asked. To clarify .

your original message had mild inference to a relatively easy experience which perhaps could have suggested all was fine.

My original message was intended to be a mildly amusing response to me standing in dog s**t!!!

However, beyond that the parking experience was exceptionally easy but I arrived over 3 hours before kickoff. I fully accept that not everyone can do that and therefore the club should do everything within its powers to make the experience better where possible. The bigger games have now seen park and ride options, links to parking at unipart, and now the traffic management teams on site. This all makes a big difference, and is better than virtually every other ground I've been too. But nothing is perfect and even good intentions can turn to s**t sometimes (as I discovered!)

The problem with the parking (for matches with large crowds) is not that there aren't a whole load of free parking spaces - there are. A lot of them. But once those are full, it's an absolute b****r to find anywhere at all (free or paid) to park. I do understand that if you know the area that there are little out of the way places you can go but for those that don't it's not easy. The Unipart park and ride is of course a good idea and well done to the club for setting that up. But is it going to be used for the other high attendance games over Christmas? One thing we don't want is new people (potential future regular attendees) coming along and getting parking fines because they dump their cars on the verges in desperation!

You do talk some s**t at times!

Back
Top Bottom