Matches Top 6 Race 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lincoln was a disaster ,we are certainly not the team we need to go up. I think certain managers like Warne do the job year in year out. It was game not to lose. Let's hope we win at Exeter and give ourselves a chance ,even then could you see us winning over 2 legs. It's been a good season ,we know Des will be in charge next year ,we know we need a clear out we and are still in the process of sorting out the damage Karl left us with. Top 6 would be a great achievement considering everything that has gone . We have a good squad which hopefully really will be made stronger and stronger be the word for a tilt at a definite top 6 next year. But like all of us we are behind the team come on You yellows for Saturday a 1-0 win and hope.

Lincoln was a disaster ,we are certainly not the team we need to go up. I think certain managers like Warne do the job year in year out. It was game not to lose. Let's hope we win at Exeter and give ourselves a chance ,even then could you see us winning over 2 legs. It's been a good season ,we know Des will be in charge next year ,we know we need a clear out we and are still in the process of sorting out the damage Karl left us with. Top 6 would be a great achievement considering everything that has gone . We have a good squad which hopefully really will be made stronger and stronger be the word for a tilt at a definite top 6 next year. But like all of us we are behind the team come on You yellows for Saturday a 1-0 win and hope.

We say this every year though. We always seem to need a clear out, always need to add a bit more quality in the summer, always aspiring to a top 6 next year but unfortunately always bottling it in the actual season we are in. Who cares about next year? This season has been sat here gift wrapped for us but once again we’ve messed it up from boardroom to manager to players. Next year will be no different, we will be having the exact same conversations we’ve had for past 7 or 8 seasons. We are a nearly club, simple as that.

We say this every year though. We always seem to need a clear out, always need to add a bit more quality in the summer, always aspiring to a top 6 next year but unfortunately always bottling it in the actual season we are in. Who cares about next year? This season has been sat here gift wrapped for us but once again we’ve messed it up from boardroom to manager to players. Next year will be no different, we will be having the exact same conversations we’ve had for past 7 or 8 seasons. We are a nearly club, simple as that.
That’s the spirit!!

The clubs who have gone up already are massive clubs Portsmouth and Derby ,Bolton third .The directors can only put in so much that's why the ground is massive for Oxford and the area. The team will follow ,but Des certainly has got to show next year he is up to it and I hope he's learned alot. Yes I do feel if we miss out we have missed a chance to get in the top 6 .However like the stars have shown all season and the same under Karl for years against the top teams our record is shocking. Probably even worst this year ,so if we do scrape in I would not be very confident over 2 legs ,but you never know .

I’m glad you have such low expectations. Should mean we don’t have to put up with your negativity if/when we go through a rough patch next season.

Like it or not we have bottled the play offs & I put that down partly to Buckinghams inexperience - Not starting Brannagan Tuesday was ridiculous. Was always going to be a close physical game. At the very least he had to come on at half time.
Dropping dale Friday was also the wrong move IMO? Could see his frustration after the game.

This 'Clear out' Wont be happening - Brannagan has asked for an improved deal or will be looking to move on. Murphy, Mcgaune can leave on a free. Can also see Moore & Goodrham going. The likes of Bodin, Long , Brown who arent good enough will be starting every week again.

This 'Clear out' Wont be happening - Brannagan has asked for an improved deal or will be looking to move on. Murphy, Mcgaune can leave on a free. Can also see Moore & Goodrham going. The likes of Bodin, Long , Brown who arent good enough will be starting every week again.

Won’t that be a clear out then? That would 7/8 players gone?

Not really wrong though, is it?
On the bright side, Man Utd scraped through against Coventry yesterday ahead of their annual humiliation by Citeh at Wembley ;)

Back to the subject of this forum and if you're looking for anyone to blame for this season, then look no further than Liam Manning. He's the one who really sold the club down the river this season and left us in the lurch having been handsomely backed by the club to start building a squad in his image. Even so, when we though everything was hunky-dory with manning, many were STILL saying it would take three windows to undo the damage done by the previous incumbents repeated brain farts in the transfer market.

Once Des has had the generous backing that was afforded to Liam Manning when he arrived (and no a January transfer window is in no way the same as a Summer transfer window), then we can start to judge. As far as I'm concerned, Buckingham now has this Summer and the January window (unless next season up to December sees us in the lower third of Division 1) to make the squad his own.

If by some slim miracle we actually DO make the playoffs next Saturday, then I'm sure you'll be congratulating the manager and club on that achievement and a recovery against the odds, having been left high and dry by Manning at a crucial point in the season.

Back to your No1 team and I heard Jasper Blomquivst interviewed this morning on Man UTd's spawny win yesterday and he was asked if they should replace Ten Haag, to which he replied he was not convinced that was the solution, given that Utd have had 5 managers in 11 years since Ferguson and the problems and lack lustre performances continue. The problems lie deeper with a United that let Ferguson mould the club in his image . . . . which is strikingly similar to the way OUFC "evolved" under Robinson.

On the bright side, Man Utd scraped through against Coventry yesterday ahead of their annual humiliation by Citeh at Wembley ;)

Back to the subject of this forum and if you're looking for anyone to blame for this season, then look no further than Liam Manning. He's the one who really sold the club down the river this season and left us in the lurch having been handsomely backed by the club to start building a squad in his image. Even so, when we though everything was hunky-dory with manning, many were STILL saying it would take three windows to undo the damage done by the previous incumbents repeated brain farts in the transfer market.

Once Des has had the generous backing that was afforded to Liam Manning when he arrived (and no a January transfer window is in no way the same as a Summer transfer window), then we can start to judge. As far as I'm concerned, Buckingham now has this Summer and the January window (unless next season up to December sees us in the lower third of Division 1) to make the squad his own.

If by some slim miracle we actually DO make the playoffs next Saturday, then I'm sure you'll be congratulating the manager and club on that achievement and a recovery against the odds, having been left high and dry by Manning at a crucial point in the season.

Back to your No1 team and I heard Jasper Blomquivst interviewed this morning on Man UTd's spawny win yesterday and he was asked if they should replace Ten Haag, to which he replied he was not convinced that was the solution, given that Utd have had 5 managers in 11 years since Ferguson and the problems and lack lustre performances continue. The problems lie deeper with a United that let Ferguson mould the club in his image . . . . which is strikingly similar to the way OUFC "evolved" under Robinson.
Twice referring to another side as 'United'... I expect better from you @Sheik djibouti...

Making play offs against the odds?! We have literally bottled it.

Making play offs against the odds?! We have literally bottled it.
Yep....and there are lots involved in that WE, too. But if you think that simply replacing the manager (again) is the solution, then you're entitled to that view I guess.

Interesting too that you seem to claim to be ITK on potential player movements in the summer :unsure: Do tell us more!

Our best win was without Brannagan !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom