Matches Top 6 Race 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mods: Can this be renamed the Des Buckingham repeat thread (with a smattering of Top 6 race conversation)?

You have no idea what Des is like as a person, don’t have a clue what it has been like moving back to this country, what he has had to deal with behind the scenes with staffing and players and yet you are more than happy to constantly have a pop at him.

I know you like to think you are always right but have you not started to notice that your opinion is very much different to 99% of the rest of this forum?

I guess there's a period of readjusting, I get that, but it's 5 months now. How long do we give him? If a 6 month settling in period was going to be needed perhaps there should have been some honesty and clarity upon his appointment, so we could all have dumbed down a bit on the expectancy when we were sitting pretty in second and a point or two off top spot. He is from Cowley, a stones throw from his new place of work. We aren't talking about someone coming in from some remote island on the other side of the world and needing time to grasp the culture.

You have no idea what Des is like as a person, don’t have a clue what it has been like moving back to this country, what he has had to deal with behind the scenes with staffing and players and yet you are more than happy to constantly have a pop at him.

I know you like to think you are always right but have you not started to notice that your opinion is very much different to 99% of the rest of this forum?

This forum is not representative of the fan base, it represents the smallest of minorities. Who cares what anyone thinks? It's just a bit of idle chit chat. Nothing lost, nothing gained.

I don't know, I lose a lot of time reading countless posts from you all talking about how s**t Des is, we get it, you're not a fan, but he's here and will be until at least the end of the season, might as well talk about something else in the meantime eh?

I don't just randomly bring Des up! It's not like I'm starting conversations about him, I'm not that bothered by him, I just reply to others who like to bring up the same old 'management structure', 'injuries', 'Robinson's legacy' etc etc etc excuses!!! I don't think people get that but it's all there to see for yourself. It takes two (or more) to tango!

I'm hoping Des has a good Easter, we get maximum points, and the likes of me can finally start to be convinced by him. That's all, there's no agenda, good luck to the bloke in convincing the sceptics that he has the balls - and the talent - for the job.

I don't just randomly bring Des up! It's not like I'm starting conversations about him, I'm not that bothered by him, I just reply to others who like to bring up the same old 'management structure', 'injuries', 'Robinson's legacy' etc etc etc excuses!!! I don't think people get that but it's all there to see for yourself. It takes two (or more) to tango!

I'm hoping Des has a good Easter, we get maximum points, and the likes of me can finally start to be convinced by him. That's all, there's no agenda, good luck to the bloke in convincing the sceptics that he has the balls - and the talent - for the job.
Here's hoping

This thread isn't actually about Des, or Liam, or Karl for that matter, so hopefully everyone can refrain from mentioning them every other post.

A) 'management structure', 'injuries', 'Robinson's legacy' etc etc etc excuses!!! - These are not excuses. These are real life events that have impacted, and continue to impact OUFC.
B) I'm not sure what Des's 'balls' have to do with him being successful.

Here's hoping

This thread isn't actually about Des, or Liam, or Karl for that matter, so hopefully everyone can refrain from mentioning them every other post.
Next post mentions Des and Robinson 🙄 Oh s**t, I've done it as well now.

A) 'management structure', 'injuries', 'Robinson's legacy' etc etc etc excuses!!! - These are not excuses. These are real life events that have impacted, and continue to impact OUFC.

If only Des could teach one of his balls to be an Assistant Manager and the other one to be a Director of Football then it would help him enormously.

Blimey! You are well informed. If I was that interested I might have been bothered and kept up. I could not care less who Karl Robinson is in a relationship with! It's his life, he can do what the hell he likes! How do you know what problems led to this obvious breakdown and him beginning a new relationship? You have no idea, absolute none, just like the rest of us.
You’re a bit slow ain’t you? You should try and keep up a lot on here know what happened bit obviously you weren’t included!

I guess there's a period of readjusting, I get that, but it's 5 months now. How long do we give him? If a 6 month settling in period was going to be needed perhaps there should have been some honesty and clarity upon his appointment, so we could all have dumbed down a bit on the expectancy when we were sitting pretty in second and a point or two off top spot. He is from Cowley, a stones throw from his new place of work. We aren't talking about someone coming in from some remote island on the other side of the world and needing time to grasp the culture.
The last time he lived in this country was 7 years ago, since then he has lived in New Zealand, Australia and India, very different ways of life than living in Cowley so yes I would expect him to take a little bit of time to readjust to life over here.
Yet you seem very understanding of a man who had an affair and broke his family up of a 12 month period while we were struggling to stay out of the relegation zone. Strange priorities.

The last time he lived in this country was 7 years ago, since then he has lived in New Zealand, Australia and India, very different ways of life than living in Cowley so yes I would expect him to take a little bit of time to readjust to life over here.
Yet you seem very understanding of a man who had an affair and broke his family up of a 12 month period while we were struggling to stay out of the relegation zone. Strange priorities.

Not really, I just don’t think someone’s private life is particularly relevant. It’s a weird obsession, wanting to know every minute detail of Robinsons personal life. Whether he has a happy marriage or a fraught marriage is quite frankly no one’s business. He’s not the first person who’s had to juggle their personal and professional lives. I think you’re a bit deluded if you think we’ve got 92 football managers out there who have stability in their private lives - some will have relationship problems, financial worries, health issues, mental instability, all sorts. It’s not really for us to need to know.

Moderator - can we have a thread on Des' balls please?

The closer we get to the game on Friday the more nervous I am getting! We have the 2 easiest games of the season in 4 days IMO.

Fleetwood play Cheltenham on Friday in a 6 pointer and then a long journey down to us on Monday so hopefully that takes all the energy out of them!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom