Matches Top 6 Race 2023/24

Seeing as we’ve got a good few days till the next match and also given that this is my first full season I thought now would be a good moment to inject a bit of positivity into the forum. You are genuinely a very good bunch of people with deep football knowledge. You’re also a welcoming bunch as well. Nice work.

Here is my view on some of the regulars:

@Malc – genial and wise. The Gandalf of Yellows Forum.
@Carpy – an edgier Malc. The moderator’s moderator.
@SteMerritt – Socially liberal, linguistically conservative.
@Sarge – upholder of community and music. Decent views on ale.
@QR – righteous and correct
@Sheik djibouti – thinking man’s Gordon Brown
@MustardYellow – good lad. Likes a heavyweight discussion. No shame in that.
@RyanioBirdio – The wit of the forum, fashion (capes) expert and strong football knowledge. Hope he enjoys watchin OUFC again soon. Pays over the odds for Vanilla cheesecake.
@Scotchegg – voice of reason.
@Wu-Tang – OUFC ultra and shamelessly withdrew his support for our joint managerial bid post-Manning and so denying the supporters to see our brand of liquid football
@Wallop – man of the people and comfortable in any social situation. Equally happy with a supreme court judge or drinking Bishops Finger at Wetherspoons.
@Essexyellows – single handedly driving down productivity in the NHS one Yellows Forum post at a time
@foghorn – supportive voice

Think you'll find I'm bang on.

Seeing as we’ve got a good few days till the next match and also given that this is my first full season I thought now would be a good moment to inject a bit of positivity into the forum. You are genuinely a very good bunch of people with deep football knowledge. You’re also a welcoming bunch as well. Nice work.

@RyanioBirdio – The wit of the forum, fashion (capes) expert and strong football knowledge. Hope he enjoys watchin OUFC again soon. Pays over the odds for Vanilla cheesecake.
@Wu-Tang – OUFC ultra and shamelessly withdrew his support for our joint managerial bid post-Manning and so denying the supporters to see our brand of liquid football
@Wallop – man of the people and comfortable in any social situation. Equally happy with a supreme court judge or drinking Bishops Finger at Wetherspoons.
@Essexyellows – single handedly driving down productivity in the NHS one Yellows Forum post at a time

@Eric Blair - too much time on his hands

Brown Nose!

I have us pipping Lincoln, Stevenage & Blackpool by a point.

Ox 75
Lincoln 74
Stevenage 74
Blackpool 74
Orient 71

Will the dotters dust off their abacuses for Fleetwood, Lincoln, Posh and Stevenage?

The Yorkshire Post has found a "supercomputer" to predict the table. [edited to include Peterborough], the linked article takes seven pages of adverts to get through.
95 Pompey
94 Bolton
88 Derby
82 Barnsley
81 Posh
77 Lincoln
75 Oxford
73 Stevenage
72 Orient
Probably about right unfortunately!

The away game at Exeter is a 12 noon kick off. Ffs that’s an early start.

The playoff dates have been confirmed too. I would be surprised if we make it, but there is a chance. Must beat Shrewsbury, Fleetwood, and Burton.

Ox 75
Lincoln 74
Stevenage 74
Blackpool 74
Orient 71

Will the dotters dust off their abacuses for Fleetwood, Lincoln, Posh and Stevenage?
Hope you are right. I think that a point or 2 more may be required. Everything assumes that the Lincoln juggernaut slows down!
To get 75 points, we need to win 3, draw 3 and lose 1?
That seems achievable, but our overall performance levels and form needs to pick up.

Ox 75
Lincoln 74
Stevenage 74
Blackpool 74
Orient 71

Probably not for Fleetwood, but will look at the others closer to the time. Three games in seven days is a lot of work though, particularly as I'll have three financial reviews (in seven days) to do too.

The away game at Exeter is a 12 noon kick off. Ffs that’s an early start.

The playoff dates have been confirmed too. I would be surprised if we make it, but there is a chance. Must beat Shrewsbury, Fleetwood, and Burton.
12:30

Probably not for Fleetwood, but will look at the others closer to the time. Three games in seven days is a lot of work though, particularly as I'll have three financial reviews (in seven days) to do too.

Any dotting is greatly appreciated, Colin.

Posh and Stevenage should go close to home sell outs - subject to us still being in the mix.

Any dotting is greatly appreciated, Colin.

Posh and Stevenage should go close to home sell outs - subject to us still being in the mix.

That’s a massive ‘if’. We need to find something from somewhere that we haven’t yet found in the previous 25 games or so - winning and winning consistently.

That’s a massive ‘if’. We need to find something from somewhere that we haven’t yet found in the previous 25 games or so - winning and winning consistently.

Games against 17th, 19th and 22nd, before a home game against Posh.

Of the three games before Posh, we currently have an aggregate score of 9-0 across the 3 games against those teams this season.

Be cautious, absolutely but i think it is fair to assume that we should have enough to go into the weekend games against Stevenage and Posh with a chance of the play offs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom