Matches Top 6 Race 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long and Eastwood are under contract hun. I’m sure they’ll mainly be reserves though Sam does have a good record of getting his place back from his supposed replacement
I’d try move both on I’m afraid if possible. Needs a complete clear out. I know some won’t agree but in longs case, being an Oxford boy isn’t good enough anymore.

So I can only assume that if and when the final whistle blows on a 1-1 draw at Exeter on Saturday you'll turn off all your devices and not bother to check any other scores elsewhere, safe in the knowledge that it's all over?

Of course a win increases our chances, but it's unnecessarily harsh of you to dismiss any consideration beyond that as 'very odd' - when there are multiple (perfectly plausible) scenarios whereby we draw and still make it*. I look forward to reminding you on Saturday when one of them comes in.

*For the record, we'd make the play-offs with a draw if...
- Barnsley Win, Lincoln Lose, Blackpool Draw
- Barnsley Win, Lincoln Lose, Blackpool Lose
- Barnsley Draw, Lincoln Lose, Blackpool Draw
- Barnsley Draw, Lincoln Lose, Blackpool Lose
- Barnsley Lose, Lincoln Win, Blackpool Draw
- Barnsley Lose, Lincoln Win, Blackpool Lose
- Barnsley Lose, Lincoln Draw, Blackpool - Draw
- Barnsley Lose, Lincoln Draw, Blackpool Lose
- Barnsley Lose, Lincoln Lose, Blackpool Win
- Barnsley Lose, Lincoln Lose, Blackpool Draw
- Barnsley Lose, Lincoln Lose, Black

I’m pretty sure that Jerome will be reminding me of the other scores every ten seconds or so all morning on Saturday!

I wasn’t meaning to offend. I just think that when the 5th-8th placed sides in the division, with everything on the line, play four teams with nothing to play for…..they are more likely than not going to win. And therefore that the chances of at least three of them not doing so are very low.

Feel free to remind me of this on Saturday if I’m wrong and everyone bottles it!

I’m pretty sure that Jerome will be reminding me of the other scores every ten seconds or so all morning on Saturday!

I wasn’t meaning to offend. I just think that when the 5th-8th placed sides in the division, with everything on the line, play four teams with nothing to play for…..they are more likely than not going to win. And therefore that the chances of at least three of them not doing so are very low.

Feel free to remind me of this on Saturday if I’m wrong and everyone bottles it!
Do what I’m going to do which is sleep between 12-3 and find out the result when I wake up 🤣

Pompey did exactly that a few seasons ago to let us sneak in.

Pompey did exactly that a few seasons ago to let us sneak in.

Not saying that I don’t think anyone will bottle it - just saying that I doubt three teams will.

Different sport, but in the NBA, they just had exactly the same scenario in the Eastern Conference. Teams 5-8 separated by a game, two playoff places at stake on the last day. All playing teams that were already in or out…….and all four of them won.

Obviously because some of us will be very positive and then you have the few on here who seem desperate for Des to fail and they will be trying to find reasons why we won’t win the play offs if we get there.

We could draw Saturday and one of the two above us lose and we sneak in and I’d say that’s job done regardless of the horrific PPG in the last 29 (then 30).

All I want to see is us secure top 6 this weekend otherwise is a massive failure and big changes will be required.

We could draw Saturday and one of the two above us lose and we sneak in and I’d say that’s job done regardless of the horrific PPG in the last 29 (then 30).

All I want to see is us secure top 6 this weekend otherwise is a massive failure and big changes will be required.

So we could win on Saturday and it will be a massive failure, but we could draw and you'd be happy?

We could make the play offs but big changes will be needed anyway.

Whatever happens the squad needs a big overhaul.

If you mean missing out on the playoffs Des should be replaced, you will be very disappointed as he won’t be going anywhere anytime soon and will be given pre season and the summer to continue overhauling this squad.

I think it could be pretty insufferable however this ends in all honesty!
Isn't that why we all come here?
c8f17fe8-bf40-4dd5-b7b2-45ea898e9567_text.gif

It says more about you and others that you would find us getting in to the playoffs on the last game of the season "insufferable".
As a fellow positive bus ticket holder, I think I should point out that his comment was that this forum would be insufferable regardless of the result, not that the result would be insufferable.

Our squad isn’t good enough to have sustained a full season. We need the summer to clear out the deadwood. What will prove if Des is ruthless will be if he gets rid of players like Long,Eastwood etc who are simply not good enough.

Forget the whole season, it’s irrelevant!!! The squad was good enough to beat Peterborough 5-0 in its 43rd match of the season, it then needed guiding through two home matches, where in all likelihood two draws would have done. The manager failed to do this, absolutely nothing to do with squad depth, squad anything!! It’s absurd to suggest the squad is good enough to get to its 43rd match but not strong enough to see out its 45th match. What nonsense!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom