Tomorrow's press conference

If Chris Williams was responsible for that press conference he has some serious questions to answer. Was the most amateurish thing I've ever listened to. Surely the club knew Tiger's English was poor and could have prepared a statement or provided an interpreter. What manager is going to want to join the club when the new owner's vision and ambition for the club is so vague?

His English was actually ok. Which makes the answers he gave even more worrying. He sounded like a fool imo. Not saying he is, but he sounded like one. He certainly has no communication skills whatsoever.

So we now know that anyone wanting to be our manager only has to like the city...Understand that of 2 blokes that went for the Reading job one got it and the other is at Ajax.
But most importantly we've learned more about Sophie and her spuds peeler.

Oxford Mail headline on Saturday: OXFORD UNITED TAKEOVER: Tiger to outline U's vision on Monday

• React
Reactions: Ian
The last press conference that stands out as being poorly prepared and difficult to listen to was when Nick Merry was introduced. Without having heard the conference, if it was similar then a huge worry..

Well at least we now know there aren’t any ITK people of what the deal involves and how much tiger has paid for the club as I’m not sure even Tiger knows!

• React
Reactions: Ian
Well that is going to swell the crowd!
DE has done his job, found someone to pass a wedge made a little profit and kept a few shares. If he is still here in 6 months I will be surprised.

No Statement read out straight in, bloody big news conference arranged and the bloke is mega late because he's stuck on the train!
F*ing tinpot..
What was he doing f*****g about on the train during rush hour he's an 'international businessman' doesn't he have a driver to get him around?

He's like a Thai Trump!!!!
More like a Thai trigger and Eales is del boy. Let's hope more info comes out of the one-to-one interviews after the press conference.

The way it came across it seemed he was happy for Faz to continue as manager?

What was clear was that that he came unprepared, I wouldn't expect that of an "international businessman". Very worried tbh.

Nailed on Fans Forum postponement i think.
2nd postponement too....given the forecasted weather for later this week, postponed due to bad weather the official reason? ...except, CPF has a, paid for by DE, 4G surface, which is, more or less, all weather..... though, if and when this fans forum does eventually take place, how late will Tiger be?????

It was painful listening. To Radio Oxford before the conference. Good god who can listen to that crap consistently? Mindless drivel.

The presser was extremely odd and very random. About as amateurish as you can get and in all honesty, they should not have bothered and gone straight to one on ones instead to make Tiger as comfortable as possible. A lot of bad first impressions will have been made right there, for no good reason.

If Chris Williams was responsible for that press conference he has some serious questions to answer. Was the most amateurish thing I've ever listened to. Surely the club knew Tiger's English was poor and could have prepared a statement or provided an interpreter. What manager is going to want to join the club when the new owner's vision and ambition for the club is so vague?

His English was actually ok. Which makes the answers he gave even more worrying. He sounded like a fool imo. Not saying he is, but he sounded like one. He certainly has no communication skills whatsoever.
You can't have it both ways ..his comm skills in spoken English are low level ..his reading and listening skills may be higher..with barely any linking words or grammatically formed sentences..instead we got chunking of related vocab phrases making speech hard to make sense of esp. on the radio without any visual clues!

I’m really none the wiser. All the hype on Bellamy. Now I’m wondering if he is going to be appointed or not.
Everyone excited about 930. So far nothing has emerged to make any of us happier

Back
Top Bottom