Tomorrow's press conference

I felt the interview was cut short to accom the tv or was it because they were afraid ? f what questions might be asked with the way the interview started

Based on what exactly? His apparent asset stripping at Reading or the fact he wears a nice bow tie?

For all those that had condemnation towards Daryl's reign of the club, i hope you are sitting comfortably this morning. This feels awfully like another journey we are about to embark on.

Officially worried

The same Darryl that didn’t sell to Sartori because the deal ‘wasn’t right for the club’ but has somehow concluded that this guy is? (I’m not saying Sartori WAS right for the club, just pointing out that at the moment, it’s hard to imagine he’d have been worse than Tiger).

I’m sorry, but those that still can’t see Darryl’s faults must be digging their heads a good few feet in the sand.

If Chris Williams was responsible for that press conference he has some serious questions to answer. Was the most amateurish thing I've ever listened to. Surely the club knew Tiger's English was poor and could have prepared a statement or provided an interpreter. What manager is going to want to join the club when the new owner's vision and ambition for the club is so vague?

Did he say he's brought in his own scout when asked about the board?

Oxford Mail and Radio Oxford are not without criticism

Hopeless questions
I absolutely despair

Yes, concerned too. Not sure why you appear to be having a pop at some of our fans though. No-one forced Mr Eales out. He went voluntarily and, I suspect, with a spring in his step.

Not havinig a pop at all. I'm using the forum to air my views on what we have just heard.

There has been a growing number of supporters that have been rather damning of DE and the work he has undertaken at OUFC.

Let's hope the new owner is able to meet the expectations of the majority :)

The format was all wrong he should have arrived (on time) introduced himself and then presented his plans, for the managers job, playing budget, ground ownership etc if he needed an interpreter to do this it wouldn't have been a problem, (he could then make a joke about his command of English and promise to improve) after his presentation he could fielded questions from the media again through an translator. He gave the impression that he had just walked in there blind with no preparation, and no idea of what was required of him.

I was looking for some hope from this, a clear vision for the future of the club and the promise, or at least the hope of better times ahead instead I'm left feeling worse than I was before the 'press conference' again the language barriers were not the problem it was the lack of preparation and professionalism that really got to me.

Once again the club is in danger of becoming a laughing stock. Not happy at all

If Chris Williams was responsible for that press conference he has some serious questions to answer. Was the most amateurish thing I've ever listened to. Surely the club knew Tiger's English was poor and could have prepared a statement or provided an interpreter. What manager is going to want to join the club when the new owner's vision and ambition for the club is so vague?

Aye, the lack of an opening statement was odd. I was expecting at the very least something setting out why he bought the club and what his aims are, firstly short-term and then next season and beyond.

The only time he got animated was when he was asked about where we were in choosing a new manager and he said that in his third year of Reading he really got involved. The team of three there said that someone should get involved and it was Tiger. He said he had no experience of running a club and they told him that the club trusted him.

He then said he spoke to 6 or 7 guys and the last two included Jaap Stam and the guy now at Ajax, Erik ten Hag.

I'm not sure if he was trying to say he had experience of selecting managers. I think he was saying that you can recruit the best manager in the world but it doesn't guarantee success.

He said you think about experience, track record, but 30 to 40% was gut feeling.

I understand now why OxVox haven't got a clue about his plans, even though they have met him.
TBF, I don't think Tiger knows what his plans are either after listening to that. It was as though he'd just arrived on planet earth and was waiting for the bus back when someone leaned in and asked him "why Oxford". Wow.

Oxford Mail and Radio Oxford are not without criticism

Hopeless questions
I absolutely despair
They didnt really have anything to go from though, normally the main man would talk and then lead to questions about what he just said.

Back
Top Bottom