Thohir

People really do have far too much time on their hands!

I can’t wait to get spanked 6-0 by Rangers just so people can at least moan about football again.

Christ at this rate, if Chris Williams burns his head in Portugal there will be up roar that the club are too skint to buy an employee sun cream!

People really do have far too much time on their hands!

I can’t wait to get spanked 6-0 by Rangers just so people can at least moan about football again.

Christ at this rate, if Chris Williams burns his head in Portugal there will be up roar that the club are too skint to buy an employee sun cream!
or tell him to take a hat or two... ;)

That will be tiger and friends developing the car park etc...

You can see where they are going, Reading first then us.. IMHO
Those articles are a couple of years old now. The first one suggests that the Elm Park revenues would subsidise the club, but are the club owners and ground / car park owners completely different groups of people now?

Those articles are a couple of years old now. The first one suggests that the Elm Park revenues would subsidise the club, but are the club owners and ground / car park owners completely different groups of people now?

Yes, so no football club to drain their resources and no revenue back to the football club

Yes, so no football club to drain their resources and no revenue back to the football club

If we ended up with a new, decent stadium that we had better control of the facilities on match day and the pitch year round, all matchday income, charged a lot less rent then that would still be a massive improvement.

Took the words out of my mouth. The DC United stadium is often held up as evidence that Thohir has the clout to get a new stadium built. But I wonder how many people have looked at the ownership of that stadium, how revenues are distributed etc?

What do you think of the signings so far. You never enter the threads, only come on to speculate and beat the owners/board members with a stick! Strange...

If we ended up with a new, decent stadium that we had better control of the facilities on match day and the pitch year round, all matchday income, charged a lot less rent then that would still be a massive improvement.

I suppose the question to that is why would the latest asset strippers (if that’s what this lot are, not got a clue myself) do us any more favours than Kassam?

Odd how some constantly go on about this board being untrustworthy and asset strippers yet rarely, if ever, comment about the fact that Tiger has yet again paid another fee for a player in Fosu.

Odd how a man with no money can keep paying for players every transfer window.

I suppose the question to that is why would the latest asset strippers (if that’s what this lot are, not got a clue myself) do us any more favours than Kassam?
One would hope that those in a position to 'green-light' any such development have learned from their previous folly and protect the interests of OUFC, a prime community asset. Planning permissions linked to concrete and contractual obligations, and a ferocious attitude to material breach, would be the order of the day.

Over to you, Councillor(s).

Took the words out of my mouth. The DC United stadium is often held up as evidence that Thohir has the clout to get a new stadium built. But I wonder how many people have looked at the ownership of that stadium, how revenues are distributed etc?

Please do tell then myles, as on the face of it, it’s largely used by the community, and much of the income goes back into the maintenance, with dc paying a nominal £1 rent. Has this changed ?

The actual question is why would said asset strippers, come to a 3rd tier club with no assets, spend millions on club infrastructure like training grounds and academy (long term projects that they won’t see a quick if any return on) in one of the hardest counties to get land or planning permission in. There are far easier ways to make money, and there are plenty of clubs that it would be far easier to buy and “asset strip” or make a quick fortune out of if u were an asset stripper looking to make money. Like one in the north east for example.

Last edited by a moderator:
With Kassam, i believe he had an initial good intention of running the football club (he paid money for transfers!). But as it became more clearer how much it costs to sustain a football club, he soon stopped paying transfer fees and cutting costs. Tiger has probably better intentions to develop the club, but the underlying concern is will he too start cutting costs and look for ways to make profits outside from the club? the issues with transferring fund just ignite this concern in people.

With Kassam, i believe he had an initial good intention of running the football club (he paid money for transfers!). But as it became more clearer how much it costs to sustain a football club, he soon stopped paying transfer fees and cutting costs. Tiger has probably better intentions to develop the club, but the underlying concern is will he too start cutting costs and look for ways to make profits outside from the club? the issues with transferring fund just ignite this concern in people.
Did these fears get ignited when darryl did it for over a year ? Many fans still hold him in high regard, when in reality he stripped the club back to the bare bones before selling

What do you think of the signings so far. You never enter the threads, only come on to speculate and beat the owners/board members with a stick! Strange...
To be honest, I’ve hardly bothered with this forum for some time, mainly because of people wanting to play the man rather than the ball. But if there is now a rule that people can only comment on the finances if they also comment on signings, that should be better communicated.

Please do tell then myles, as on the face of it, it’s largely used by the community, and much of the income goes back into the maintenance, with dc paying a nominal £1 rent. Has this changed ?
That's a pretty tasty 50/50 ball right there for Myles and Dave to fight over. Looking forward to a measured debate, with no shin hacking.

To be honest, I’ve hardly bothered with this forum for some time, mainly because of people wanting to play the man rather than the ball. But if there is now a rule that people can only comment on the finances if they also comment on signings, that should be better communicated.

In fairness Myles, you bring it on yourself. It's funny how, rather than answer a number of questions, you play the victim.

In my mind,doesnt matter how rich owners are the fact is oufc lose a couple of million a year and yes oufc is a business so a couple of million plus transfers in no one being sold makes me quite happy ..... maybe it will go tits up ... we have no assets to strip so someone financing us albeit late sometimes has to be ok even for the most sceptical of fans

I think it would be refreshing to see you post something positive on a signing, instead on always posting something negative. I don’t see you praising the board or the owner, when he dips his hand in his pocket to secure a signing. It just comes across to many that you only criticise.

I find the finances interesting so dont worry about the flack myles. What i cant get my head around is we have these rich money men on board with no signs of 'game changing' investment in players and/or stadium.

Back
Top Bottom