Thohir

AscotYellow

On joining, he declared he wanted to be associated with the world-famous name of Oxford not OUFC. He has achieved this along with the bragging rights that go with it so why would he need to spend any money on the club.
Where is this quote from him which states this then?

uptheus

The way I understand it, is that he can’t get involved in any large monetary transactions to other businesses whilst partaking in this Indonesian election. Once that’s over he’s all ours, and I’ve heard will be buying the club, with Tiger to stay on as minority

I tend to agree with you, but I’m sure he could gift some monies to Tiger in the meantime. Also, what about these other directors?

Pete Burrett

Thanks @OUFCGav. Interesting reading:

Indonesian business tycoon Erick Thohir has sold his share of Inter Milan at a value of Rp 2.4 trillion in January. The CEO of Mahaka Group explained the proceeds of the sale partly used to pay off debts and repay equities.

Erick said that his investments in overseas are not fully financed by equities. He said it is impossible for him to merely rely on equities.

"In building a stadium abroad, for example, it is impossible to finance it merely by equities, surely there will be loans," Erick told reporters on Thursday (Jan 31).

According to him, the move was very reasonable. Moreover, all of his investments abroad, did not involve banks in Indonesia but foreign banks.

"So I see it's normal. When we build a business, it can be financed by a combination of equity and debt," he explained.

He added, his investment abroad sometimes brought him a profit. At other times, it reached only the break-even point, he said, adding that it was normal.

Erick has released his remaining 31.05 stakes in Inter Milan to a financial company from Hong Kong, LionRock Capital. Erick is no longer own a single share of the Italian football giants since then.

Following the takeover, LionRock Capital became a minority shareholder at Inter Milan, while the majority shareholder is a Chinese retail giants Suning with ownership of 68.55 percent.

Now, I'm not entirely sure what the implications of this might be. @MarkG and others can probably clarify. The general tenet of the piece seems to suggest Thohir ain't rolling in it though. The highlighted bit about building stadiums abroad rings alarm bells. 'Surely there will be loans?' Yes, but from whom?

carefreeoufc

I think perhaps @myles or even you @Pete posted this some time ago (someone did). Anyway as with Tiger I really don’t think the money is there in cash terms. I also don’t think that at the end of the Thai elections this guy is going to be our knight in shining armour!! To me he and the rest of the crew Tiger has amassed as Directors look to be a group that will place ‘hard debt’ through loans onto OUFC for a new ground which they then seek to extract money from. Sound familiar?

www.blackandredunited.com/platform/amp/opinion/2014/5/19/5731378/erick-thohir-billionaire-dc-united-stadium-inter-milan

Scotchegg

2018-19 shirt sponsor for Jamie Hanson
Many businesses operate on a mixture of equaties and loans when it comes to investments, and the fact that loans are used shouldn't ring alarm bells alone. However, it all depends on how much is being borrowed, what that is secured against and at what rate for repayment.

It was mentioned before that Erick may not be as rich as he himself has claimed, but there appears no doubt that he does have the sort of money that could see investment in to our club at a level beyond anything we have seen before. It remains to be seen if he will indeed get involved, in what capacity and to what ends.

carefreeoufc

Many businesses operate on a mixture of equaties and loans when it comes to investments, and the fact that loans are used shouldn't ring alarm bells alone. However, it all depends on how much is being borrowed, what that is secured against and at what rate for repayment.

It was mentioned before that Erick may not be as rich as he himself has claimed, but there appears no doubt that he does have the sort of money that could see investment in to our club at a level beyond anything we have seen before. It remains to be seen if he will indeed get involved, in what capacity and to what ends.
I’ve probably missed it in the thread or other threads could you share where it shows “he does have the sort of money that could see investment in our club at a level beyond anything we have seen before”.

I’m asking because if I can see something that shows he (and not his friends, family or associates) has a huge personal wealth I’ll likely sleep better.

Scotchegg

2018-19 shirt sponsor for Jamie Hanson
I’ve probably missed it in the thread or other threads could you share where it shows “he does have the sort of money that could see investment in our club at a level beyond anything we have seen before”.

I’m asking because if I can see something that shows he (and not his friends, family or associates) has a huge personal wealth I’ll likely sleep better.

I think @PC shared a report that questioned whether Erick was actually a billionaire and instead estimated his wealth to be at several hundred million instead. That could give us the sort of money we could only dream about, but it very much depends on if he actually wants to invest, and to what end. Of that I have absolutely no idea.

This whole saga is becoming something like an episode of the X Files where you're not sure if the reason things don't make any sense is because you have missed something along the way, or if it was only ever a load of bollox in the first place!!!

Paul Cannell

Be surprised if I was that specific but I could have posited that in his post as "media son" for the Thohir Empire he probably had access to limited funds (unimaginable to I & I) for frolics of his own - like his inept stewardship of Inter Milan.

As such he will, posts passim ad nauseam, be required to do nothing less than look like he's making every effort to fix the Indonesian elections so his families sponsors win. Expect nothing till April, and don't bank on it after.

Top Bottom