The Van Allen Belt

Errm, no, If you look at the diagrams of the Van Allen belt (Wikipedia for example) you will see that it is not like the atmosphere, surrounding the earth like a round shell. It sticks out in two 'ears'. At the moment they plan space flights to avoid the main areas to reduce radiation exposure, which makes calculating trajectories, take off windows etc much more difficult. If you could just plough through the Van Allen belt willy-nilly it would reduce complexity and therefore cost.

They used to say you could safely get through the Dave Allen belt if you took off from the North or South poles. Trouble is, the Rockets wouldn't work, because of the freezing temperature buggering up the instruments. But at least its a thought.

Just seen three snippets of astronauts on the International Space Station (ISS)

1. One of the astronauts is seen doing a complete flip-over summersault. Looking carefully, you can't miss two protrusions on the bottom part of his shirt, at the back. Not hooks for wires, are they? Have the wires been edited out?

2. When being interviewed on the ISS, the astronauts would answer the interviewer's questions after a two-second pause, presumably because of the long distance between them and Earth. Fair point. How, then, when one of the astronauts played his guitar with a group of kids in a studio on Earth did he manage to sing and play his guitar completely in sinc with them?

3. This is a beauty. Three astronauts were being interviewed on the ISS by someone on Planet Earth. One of the astronauts says he's from York, Maine (in the US) "where we're talking to you right now". Wait a sec.........I thought you lot were in space? You should see the look on the faces of the other two astronauts!

I'm not one of those conspiracy nuts who try to prove everything is untrue. I'm just pointing out (what looks like) the bleeding obvious.
I do not believe in Father Christmas. Elvis is not working in a chip shop in Oldham. But I do believe in my eyes.

Please feel free to insult me, if you wish....I won't be offended. Just think of this though; in the 1800's, if you said that we would fly to the moon, have tvs, videos, the internet, Trump as a US president, in fact any marvellous thing we have today, you would have bought yourself a one-way ticket to the nearest mental asylum.
In the 1700's, you would have been burned as a witch.

Last edited:
Just seen three snippets of astronauts on the International Space Station (ISS)

1. One of the astronauts is seen doing a complete flip-over summersault. Looking carefully, you can't miss two protrusions on the bottom part of his shirt, at the back. Not hooks for wires, are they? Have the wires been edited out?

2. When being interviewed on the ISS, the astronauts would answer the interviewer's questions after a two-second pause, presumably because of the long distance between them and Earth. Fair point. How, then, when one of the astronauts played his guitar with a group of kids in a studio on Earth did he manage to sing and play his guitar completely in sinc with them?

3. This is a beauty. Three astronauts were being interviewed on the ISS by someone on Planet Earth. One of the astronauts says he's from York, Maine (in the US) "where we're talking to you right now". Wait a sec.........I thought you lot were in space? You should see the look on the faces of the other two astronauts!

I'm not one of those conspiracy nuts who try to prove everything is untrue. I'm just pointing out (what looks like) the bleeding obvious.
I do not believe in Father Christmas. Elvis is not working in a chip shop in Oldham. But I do believe in my eyes.

Please feel free to insult me, if you wish....I won't be offended. Just think of this though; in the 1800's, if you said that we would fly to the moon, have tvs, videos, the internet, Trump as a US president, in fact any marvellous thing we have today, you would have bought yourself a one-way ticket to the nearest mental asylum.
In the 1700's, you would have been burned as a witch.

I think the dog on the pitch is starting to get worried about you. :)

Here's something for you to look into Dave:

I'm sure medical experts would be intrigued by the 2 'miracles'.

Actually, Mr Ox, I reckon what you mentioned there (if opened up as a new thread) would be a massive subject. Are the miracles in the Bible fact or wishful thinking? Did Jesus walk on water? Was he resurrected? Did Moses receive the Ten Commandments on Mt. Sinae? Are we all convinced?

I would politely ask; if anyone has a view on this, please, if you don't believe in the words of the Bible, not to be abusive towards people who do. Funny thing is; lots of us Brits don't believe in the Bible, but we get married in church and have our kids Christened in church. Even our funerals are usually held in church.....................................hypocritical, wouldn't you agree?

The gravity on the moon is 1/6th of what it is on Earth. So, if you weigh 180 pounds, you would 'weigh' 30 pounds on the moon. That's not my 'expert' finding, that's what is agreed by all scientists.
If you weigh around 180 pounds and you stand up (legs only slightly apart) and jump upwards from a standing jump, you should be able to reach a height of between 2 - 3 feet. try it - you'll see for yourself. On the moon, you should be able to jump around 6 (six) times higher than you can on Earth. On a few of the official films shown to us, from when they were 'on the moon', the astronauts tried to show us how high they could jump, with this theory. They jumped EXACTLY the same height as you do on Earth! In fact, they reached a height of no more than 2' 6". Now, you might say that they had heavy equipment on their backs, which weihed them down. Don't forget; their equipment would ALSO be a 6th of the weight on Earth. Let's say (for argument's sake), their equipment weighed 120 pounds. That plus their weight of, say 180 pounds = 300 pounds (on Earth). On the moon, 300 pounds = 50 pounds. Again, not my mad ramblings, but figures agreed by NASA experts also. Only weighing 50 pounds (Not even 4 stone!) means you should be able to jump a LOT higher than they supposedly did. Do the maths.

Go ahead and insult me if you wish............I won't be offended. I just think there is something very fishy about man going six times to the moon, with the technology they had back then.

Back
Top Bottom