The Van Allen Belt

Osler, I was thinking; a good reason for faking the moon landings might be that, at the time during the 'Cold War' with Russia, a good way of frightening Russia away would be to prove that America had the resources to bomb the shite out of the USSR if they ever thought of nuking America. Or at least to make the USSR BELIEVE they had the resources to do such a thing. If you could land a man on the moon, you would be seen as pretty invincible. Or am I talking B*****s?
You still have to bear in mind the Russians were also attempting to reach the moon at the same time. So would have known all about the Van Allen belt, plus the other challenges involved. And yet they remained convinced the Americans achieved it.
As for scaring the Russians, the Americans could send a Satellite into space by then, so would have no problem landing a warhead on Moscow. Russians would have know that too

Don’t get hooked up in it Dave .

I have a good mate that is a conspiracy theorist, the rest of us have spent years arguing his points. It generally goes something like this.

-Moon landings weren’t real
*give reasons behind points.
-gets annoyed that he’s not believed
*give him questions to think about
- quickly changes to vape trails
*repeat sequence
- quickly changes to 9/11
*repeat sequence
-moves on to how the zombie apocalypse is actually possible and how he’s prepared for it.
*laughter
-leaves pub angry and goes home to put his tin foil hat on [emoji23][emoji23][emoji85]

ZeroTheHero,
The Earth is round. Who or what created the Earth and the rest of the Universe............f*ck knows.

What, Zero old mate, do you know about Zero atmosphere? Can you enlighten me? Can you tell me the basic principles of there not being any atmosphere?

Your Star trek thing....................mmmmmm

Do you believe what they say about the Van Allen Belt? And are you qualified to give us all your 100% correct analogy? You should see what NASA say about the belt, Mr Hero.
Once you go down the rabbit hole of believing what you 'feel' rather than taking scientific evidence on board then you are in a world where anything is possible. And the internet of course has made it possible for any crackpot to set up a web site / blog /forum - which in turn attracts others who 'feel' the same. The curious then do a search, find the site and hey ho - a load of people who echo their thoughts. Scientific theory is of course not always correct, but it is much more likely to be than random guesses! And when the weight of evidence is so strong then choosing to believe the opposite is just contrary.

Yes I believe that there is such a thing as zero atmosphere (ever been to a Checkatrade game? :)). Have I ever been to space to check personally? No. Am I prepared to take the word of every single reputable scientist I have ever hear talk about it? Yes. The same with the Van Allen belt. Just read the stuff kindly posted above by Dave T from NASA. Am I 'qualified' - no, but one of my best friends is a working astrophysicist (a professor, don't you know!) and we have often talked about such matters. I think he might have just about thought to mention all the atmosphere in space and the non-existent trips to our satellite! Of course, I can ask you about your scientific qualifications as well. I suspect (if you actually believe this tripe and are not just on a wind up - which I wouldn't put past you!) that you are not a degree-level physicist .

The 'fake moon landings' theory is rubbish. And there is no Loch Ness monster either.

Some people just love de-bunking conspiracy theories. Makes'em look clever, doesn't it?! De-bunk these............

1. In all of the shots of the men on the moon, why can't you see any stars?
2. The steps of the moon lander are in the shadow of the sun. Why, then, is the astronaut coming down these steps shown in perfect, lit clarity?
3. Many photos of the astronauts on the moon show their back-packs without aerials poking out. How did they manage to talk to each other on their radios, like the many footages purportedly show they did?
4. What size batteries did they use, to power their transmitters, when they gave live transmissions back to Earth?
5. Where were the transmitters on the moon, when they gave these live transmissions? Why was there no time-delay in the transmissions?
6. If you watch carefully, you can see on one of the official NASA films, two astronuats supposedly bouncing up and down on the moon's surface up to "Four feet high" without first bending their knees to get a good 'purchase'. How is that possible, without using a trampoline?
7. If you watch the astronauts walking on the moon, they appear to bounce up and down as they move around. Something to do with the lack of gravity, apparantly. Funny, that. If you speed up the footage, they appear to walk around exactly as you would, on.................Earth. How come?
Quite a few photos have a coloured stain on them. This was supposedly caused by orange juice inside the astronaut who took the photos's helmet leaking out onto the camera. Excuse me if I'm wrong, but if there was a way that juice could leak out of their helmets, there would also be a way of harmful radiation leaking inside as well, which would kill a human instantly, in the open vacuum of space........true?
8. There's no atmosphere on the moon. No atmosphere means no noise. How come, then, can you hear a 'clunk clunk clunk' sound, when you see the astronauts banging posts into the ground?
9. On the reflection of one of the astronauts, there is what could be described as a light that they use, when making films. You know the ones; with four flap-like shields around it. How come?
10. One of the films they released shows one of the astronauts on the way to the moon, with earth shown in the window, which experts have deducted was around two hundred miles away. Later day, he was shown supposedly walking on the moon. But it took around three days to get to the moon. How is this possible?
11. The space-craft was travelling at supposedly around 3,000 miles an hour. Yet when they got within a relatively short distance from the moon, the video shown depicts the craft moving really slowly above the surface. Watch it try and work that one out.
12. Who took the video of the moon lander leaving the moon for the return journey?
13. Why were there no signs of any landing blast under the moon lander?
14. Why is Jeremy Corbyn still leader of the Labour Party?

You need to watch the relevant Mythbusters episode where they debunk the conspiracy theory.

As for Corbyn, unfortunately we have Momentum and McDonnell to thank.

Osler, I was thinking; a good reason for faking the moon landings might be that, at the time during the 'Cold War' with Russia, a good way of frightening Russia away would be to prove that America had the resources to bomb the shite out of the USSR if they ever thought of nuking America.

That is correct, Dave. Establishing technical superiority in threat technologies was part of both sides tactics in the game of the cold war. And it didn't stop then, as this article from the New York Times attests - this frame of mind proves the motive conclusively.

Of course, faking the moon landings is technologically a different ball-game, isn't it?

#8 - sound travels through solids as well as air, so you can “hear” through the ground.

Generally, read metabunk.org

#8 - sound travels through solids as well as air, so you can “hear” through the ground.

Generally, read metabunk.org
It also travels through air filled spacesuit to radio mics in helmets...

The ironic thing is that in 1969, it would have been technologically speaking, much harder to convincingly fake a moon landing than to actually do it.

And I don't recommend asking Buzz Aldrin whether he actually went to the moon ........

Once you go down the rabbit hole of believing what you 'feel' rather than taking scientific evidence on board then you are in a world where anything is possible. And the internet of course has made it possible for any crackpot to set up a web site / blog /forum - which in turn attracts others who 'feel' the same. The curious then do a search, find the site and hey ho - a load of people who echo their thoughts. Scientific theory is of course not always correct, but it is much more likely to be than random guesses! And when the weight of evidence is so strong then choosing to believe the opposite is just contrary.

Yes I believe that there is such a thing as zero atmosphere (ever been to a Checkatrade game? :)). Have I ever been to space to check personally? No. Am I prepared to take the word of every single reputable scientist I have ever hear talk about it? Yes. The same with the Van Allen belt. Just read the stuff kindly posted above by Dave T from NASA. Am I 'qualified' - no, but one of my best friends is a working astrophysicist (a professor, don't you know!) and we have often talked about such matters. I think he might have just about thought to mention all the atmosphere in space and the non-existent trips to our satellite! Of course, I can ask you about your scientific qualifications as well. I suspect (if you actually believe this tripe and are not just on a wind up - which I wouldn't put past you!) that you are not a degree-level physicist .

The 'fake moon landings' theory is rubbish. And there is no Loch Ness monster either.

Zero, please don't be offended by my previous comments asking if you are 'qualified'. :)

In one of the videos, one of the astronauts showed us a film of Earth, apparantly 130,000plus miles away from the planet. He said that the camera completely covered the window it was looking out of. All of a sudden, his arm appears in the shot. So what? You will argue. Actually, don't listen to my ramblings; please would you look at it on youtube? ;)

I read this as the “Van Halen belt”. Makes so much more sense now.

Zero, please don't be offended by my previous comments asking if you are 'qualified'. :)

In one of the videos, one of the astronauts showed us a film of Earth, apparantly 130,000plus miles away from the planet. He said that the camera completely covered the window it was looking out of. All of a sudden, his arm appears in the shot. So what? You will argue. Actually, don't listen to my ramblings; please would you look at it on youtube? ;)
Not offended at all, Dave.
I did do a search on YouTube and all I found was endless videos of the earth from space. Presumably all faked and presumably faked to look like early footage so we didn't realise.
Look up "Occam's Razor".

Some smartarse once said that its easy to fool people, but harder to prove to them that they have been fooled. Actually, that's a good point. We can all be fooled.
Were we all fooled when the Brexit bus said all that money was going to go to the NHS if we leave the EU?
Are we always taken for fools when the Tories say one thing in their manifestos, then break their promises when they get in power?
Should we believe that Shergar was turned into glue, or made horse pies out of?
Should we listen to Labour about their Brexit plans (to be fair to the Tories?)
Should we have believed Nissan when they said they would build that new car in Sunderland - then changed their minds?
Should we believe the Bible?
Should we believe in the 1947 Roswell incident?
Do you feel daft when someone pulls a prank on you on April 1st?
Do you totally have faith in your insurance company?
Should every woman who got drunk and then pregnant have trusted the man, when he said he would pull out at the last moment?
Should every millionaire have trusted the young beauty who took their riches when they split up?
Should we believe every newspaper report?
Should we have doubted the criminal who first said they were innocent?
Do we feel stupid when its proved that the person who was imprisoned for years, was innocent all along? What if they were hung or shot?
Lord Lucan - where is he? Jack the Ripper - who was he? Maradona - was it handball? (yes!) Princess Diana's death? (ahem!)
Do you feel daft when someone goes BOO!.......and you shite your pants?
Do you believe in ghosts?
Those American Pastors who made millions out of their flocks and were found to be fraudsters. Are their followers stupid?
Did Yuri Geller bend those spoons with magic or science? What did you think at the time?
Did that ball cross the line in 1966?
Is there life on other planet? Prove there is.............prove there isn't. Same with God.
Should we listen to the doctor or dentist when he/she says: "This won't hurt"?
Should we believe in investors who try to convince you that their plan is better than the others?
How did Jimmy Savile get away with the things he did, for so long?
How did Hitler manage to wrongly persuade German people he was right about Jewish people during the war?

I've ranted on for too long over this...................time to move on.

Of course we went to the f*cking moon. NASA said we did. That's that.

Just one more thing. In 1969, they used 'Direct Entry' when re-entering our atmosphere, instead of the 'Flipping re-entry' method, which Russia was fond of using. How come they didn't put those heat shields on the module, like they did with the Shuttle crafts of later years? Just asking.

Some smartarse once said that its easy to fool people, but harder to prove to them that they have been fooled. Actually, that's a good point. We can all be fooled.
Were we all fooled when the Brexit bus said all that money was going to go to the NHS if we leave the EU?
Are we always taken for fools when the Tories say one thing in their manifestos, then break their promises when they get in power?
Should we believe that Shergar was turned into glue, or made horse pies out of?
Should we listen to Labour about their Brexit plans (to be fair to the Tories?)
Should we have believed Nissan when they said they would build that new car in Sunderland - then changed their minds?
Should we believe the Bible?
Should we believe in the 1947 Roswell incident?
Do you feel daft when someone pulls a prank on you on April 1st?
Do you totally have faith in your insurance company?
Should every woman who got drunk and then pregnant have trusted the man, when he said he would pull out at the last moment?
Should every millionaire have trusted the young beauty who took their riches when they split up?
Should we believe every newspaper report?
Should we have doubted the criminal who first said they were innocent?
Do we feel stupid when its proved that the person who was imprisoned for years, was innocent all along? What if they were hung or shot?
Lord Lucan - where is he? Jack the Ripper - who was he? Maradona - was it handball? (yes!) Princess Diana's death? (ahem!)
Do you feel daft when someone goes BOO!.......and you shite your pants?
Do you believe in ghosts?
Those American Pastors who made millions out of their flocks and were found to be fraudsters. Are their followers stupid?
Did Yuri Geller bend those spoons with magic or science? What did you think at the time?
Did that ball cross the line in 1966?
Is there life on other planet? Prove there is.............prove there isn't. Same with God.
Should we listen to the doctor or dentist when he/she says: "This won't hurt"?
Should we believe in investors who try to convince you that their plan is better than the others?
How did Jimmy Savile get away with the things he did, for so long?
How did Hitler manage to wrongly persuade German people he was right about Jewish people during the war?

I've ranted on for too long over this...................time to move on.

Of course we went to the f*cking moon. NASA said we did. That's that.

Just one more thing. In 1969, they used 'Direct Entry' when re-entering our atmosphere, instead of the 'Flipping re-entry' method, which Russia was fond of using. How come they didn't put those heat shields on the module, like they did with the Shuttle crafts of later years? Just asking.

You need to find a hobby Dave.

ec2ff8023ed4f2712606b8af2080aab2.jpg

I’m convinced that ‘they’ ( the powers that be) are deliberately trying ( and succeeding) in turning us ito a cashless society. Soon, very soon your personal finances will not be personal at all. Tentacles are out there, in fact they are everywhere. Be afraid, very afraid.

Has anyone tried paying a utility bill with cash lately?

As you can tell by my name on here, I live in Amersham, in Bucks. Every time I try to listen to Radio Oxford, I have to move my car forward a few feet, to get a good reception, where its parked. I cannot receive Rad Ox in my home. I have a digital radio, like everyone else. I only live 35 miles from our wonderful Curse-him stadium, but get a s**t reception here. I believe they used an Analogue system in 1969, which they had to point at Cape whotsit, to be able to send/receive their transmission signals. Even today, with digital Sky Dishes, they have to be lined up in a certain way. What we forget is, that America and the rest of the world is spinning round at quite a speed. Did they only speak to America when it lined up with the equipment, which, I believe only had a 4 something Kw output?

If anyone knows where I can get a 1960's radio or radiographic equipment, please tell me, because that must have better technology than what we have today!

Once you fly into space, over (about) 400 miles, you enter a region of space called the Van Allen Belt(s). What's that, you might ask? In a nutshell, it's an area full of nasty radiation, caused by energetic charged particles, originating from something called the solar wind and cosmic rays. Apparantly, when rockets or probes fly through this area, the instruments on board these crafts can go 'haywire'. Unless the craft carrying humans is properly protected with super insulation, there is a real risk of a threat to life on board. That is; the body could definitely face the risk of burning up, due to the high levels of radiation. The Van Allen Belt(s) extend up to just over 36,000 miles.

Apparantly (again), we haven't quite mastered this phenomenon. If we have, it's news to me.

This then, beggars the question..................................how did the Americans manage to safely fly through this sector in space 50 years ago (1969 of course) with the technology they had, available then? Have we regressed, or progressed with our technology? Our laptops have more information and storage space available than what NASA itself had, according to the experts.

I have a theory about the events that are recorded in July 1969. That's for another day.
Its absolutely sure we never went to the moon. They claim to have "lost" the technology that got us through VAB! and there are several interviews with astronauts saying one day we hope to be able to pass through it but currently limited to flights within. The rocket from the armstrong mission wasnt any superetal - it would have melted unless we believe the tiles protected it. Suspect thats why there isn't any race to "go back". Also saw some great footage from the armstrong trip where they were putting cut outs at the window to try to block out the moon, then there is inconsistency about their stories as they got older, and of course the windy flag/shadows etc. Crazy how much cash is spent on space exploration though still, whilst the economy is in austerity. Who cares £2bn quids worth what's on Mars? Who really would want to be the first in Bransons super-rocket? They will all burn.

AmershamDave,

How about http://www.flatearthproof.com - that should keep you occupied?
Or maybe https://www.allaboutcreation.org/evidence-for-creationism-faq.htm?

Not wanting to mock, but why on earth would not only NASA and the US government, but all the amateur astronomers who watch spaceflights in progress, all the foreign governments, every single reputable scientist, all those involved in filming and broadcasting the hoax (etc, etc) conspire to keep this huge secret? Do you think that is likely? And presumably they have since shipped up a dummy lunar module to the surface of the moon (there are photos of it there from multiple different nationalities space agencies) without anyone noticing?

Sometimes, the simplest explanation is the best - the astronauts went to and walked on the moon.

I don't think Star Trek is real though, hmm....
No hush up at Rodwell?

Back
Top Bottom