The Specials at Cornbury festival

think it was released last week ....or the week before ?
if you look for the specials BLM on youtube the whole albums there. wasn’t blown away first listen unlike the first album but the more i’ve heard it the more i like it

if you look for the specials BLM on youtube the whole albums there. wasn’t blown away first listen unlike the first album but the more i’ve heard it the more i like it
million miles from the Specials first album....not too far from where 2nd album More Specials left off (IMO)

Encore has two or three excellent tracks but overall there’s no comparison with the original stuff. Some of the album is a dirge.

They were an absolutely dynamic live band no doubt about that.

Encore has two or three excellent tracks but overall there’s no comparison with the original stuff. Some of the album is a dirge.

They were an absolutely dynamic live band no doubt about that.

Having now listened to it, I 100% agree with this analysis. Two songs, probably. “Vote for me” is a sad attempt to do a “Ghost Town”. Shame really.

Having now listened to it, I 100% agree with this analysis. Two songs, probably. “Vote for me” is a sad attempt to do a “Ghost Town”. Shame really.
there’s only 3 of the original line up now so guess the music would be different. like the new album more after a few more listens. ten commandments and BLM amongst better ones

there’s only 3 of the original line up now so guess the music would be different. like the new album more after a few more listens. ten commandments and BLM amongst better ones
Steve Cradock on guitar with The Specials now.... in between Weller, OCS & Steve Cradock band commitments

strang thing is Encore, has a few decent tracks , & hits number 1 in uk album charts, yet the previous two 2-tone label albums, Specials , and More Specials were arguably both better albums in comparison to Encore, yet fared less well chart placing wise

Back
Top Bottom