The Specials at Cornbury festival

Yes I saw the Damned at Cornbury. A little surreal and I bet they never thought that they would play poshstock in their day...
On the same second stage that day was Peter Green. He could hardly walk but he sure could play guitar.

Yes I remember seeing Peter Green at Cornbury, a bit sad really, but the band looked after him and as you say he could still play ‘Albatross’ unbelievably well.

I saw Andy Fearweather Low last year and had no idea what a fine guitarist he is live.

Yes I remember seeing Peter Green at Cornbury, a bit sad really, but the band looked after him and as you say he could still play ‘Albatross’ unbelievably well.

I saw Andy Fairweather Low last year and had no idea what a fine guitarist he is live.

guest artist featured on a couple of tracks on Stone Foundation's last two albums

Mavis Staples in the Uk for a couple of dates in June (I think) ...Bath Forum & Roundhouse London, special guests on both dates, Stone Foundation

Mavis was lead vocalist on many of the Staple Singers recordings on Stax

notably (IMO) -
actual dates for Mavis Staples gigs July 2nd Bath , July 4th Roundhouse, London

Stone Foundation as well as touring in their own right (current album tour ; Everybody, Anyone), are special guests
on 3 dates with Paul Weller

guest artist featured on a couple of tracks on Stone Foundation's last two albums
Was he in Amen Corner? I know the name, actually leafed past an album of his when going through dad's vinyl this morning.

Was he in Amen Corner? I know the name, actually leafed past an album of his when going through dad's vinyl this morning.
he sure was, Amen corner were in the immediate records stable, along with Small Faces, Chris Farlowe, PP Arnold, among others -Jagger and Richards ('Stones- Andrew Loog Oldham then 'stones manager at the time ran/owned Immediate), were house writers for a while, then replaced by Marriott and Lane in the 60s ...AFL is based in South Wales these days, Cardiff area I believe?

Stone Foundation , for anyone who is, as yet unfamilar with them, have soundfiles , uk and european tour date info and all manner of other nuggets on their Website .... www.stonefoundation.co.uk
part of their own tour they play the Bullingdon in May

Line up now has only a couple of orig members of Specials remaining, Brad died, others such as Roddy and Neville have chosen to not continue in the Specials ....that said Steve Cradock (Ocean Colour scene, Weller, Steve Cradock band etc ) has joined on guitar....new (number 1) album Encore musically continues (so to speak) onwards from More Specials

saw em at their peak during 2 tone era.... also saw em ()orig line up) a few years back in Bournemouth , with Support from Stone Foundation ..... Stone Foundation are playing their first Oxford date at the Bullingdon May 10 th .... reccomended gig

as is Art Brut also at the bullingdon... in 4 days time 18th feb

Who are Art Brut @Sarge? Obviously, I can google them, but…

Garage-ish poppy punk with a lead singer, Eddie Argos, who kind of talks through songs. Very enjoyable live and lots of jokes in the songs which work well. The first album was a classic - the song Emily Kane is probably a good starter and was their biggest ‘hit’.

Yes I saw the Damned at Cornbury. A little surreal and I bet they never thought that they would play poshstock in their day...
On the same second stage that day was Peter Green. He could hardly walk but he sure could play guitar.

First ever gig I went to … The Damned. Somewhere in Manchester in 1979.

Alt punk/art rock outfit from 15 years ago.....original Guitarist Chris Chinchilla was based in Oxford for 5-7 years, ( he worked at The Kooler nights at the Bully some of the time he was here).... they played Oxford a few times .... fronted by Eddie Argos, they were darlings of NME in 2003/4 ..... single Formed A Band had a sizable underground following, there was some sort of link with cult indie label Snakebite City.... after a couple of acclaimed (albeit underground not mainstream) albums Bang, bang rock and Roll & its A Bit Complicated, there were I think, 3 more albums , following which Art Brut took a 7 year break/hiatus..... theyre now back with a new album Wham bang pow and a Uk tour

Garage-ish poppy punk with a lead singer, Eddie Argos, who kind of talks through songs. Very enjoyable live and lots of jokes in the songs which work well. The first album was a classic - the song Emily Kane is probably a good starter and was their biggest ‘hit’.

Thank you sir. Singers who speak their lyrics? It’ll never catch on…

This is my favourite thread so far this weekend (I’m in Dubai, so definitely weekend!)

Back
Top Bottom