Cheltenham festival

Steve Gilbert

Any other forum members off to the festival next week? I am coming down on the Monday and going to the 1st 2 days, if I do well then potentially the Thursday as well since I have the hotel booked for 3 nights.

It seems races will be more open than in recent years as I’ve not seen any firm selections from the tipsters yet.

On a side note, my hotel for 3 nights in the centre of Cheltenham is £580 (B&B rate) for 3 nights, I rang them to see if I could book the same nights for next years festival…I got quoted £2200!! I politely declined their kind offer.

Any other forum members off to the festival next week? I am coming down on the Monday and going to the 1st 2 days, if I do well then potentially the Thursday as well since I have the hotel booked for 3 nights.

It seems races will be more open than in recent years as I’ve not seen any firm selections from the tipsters yet.

On a side note, my hotel for 3 nights in the centre of Cheltenham is £580 (B&B rate) for 3 nights, I rang them to see if I could book the same nights for next years festival…I got quoted £2200!! I politely declined their kind offer.
Yep there for the first day
Looks like rain all the way till then

3/3 over hurdles so a very good shout but I never like betting on a horse that has that sort of record as it is rare they go 4/4!
It has actually won four in a row if you include the bumper at Wincanton on March 10th 2022. It has strong opposition from Ireland, saw it at the yard in Ditcheat last week and it looks good. Hermes Allen also looked superb.

Stolen Silver - Outside E/W Bet. Handicap Chase 16.10. Thursday March 16th.

Hermes Allen win bet Weds in Ballymore.

Viva Ardanza ew for whichever race he runs in, possibly Coral Cup or Martin Pipe.

Pembroke ew in County Hurdle Friday

A walk up the road for me, getting a good deal from a ticket tout en route. Always Tatts.

Amazed you got that good a deal for this week, i once looked and the only hotels available were extortionate.

Isn't there a train strike on that week so crowds will be down.

I had my Ladbrokes £1 free bet on him @ 25/1. Always liked Steve.....

I got an each way result on Harry redknapps horse today, so not a complete washout..

Back
Top Bottom