Matches The League 1 Promotion Run In

Having a lovely extended weekend with the family so I'll update the tables next week after all the games are done. One win down, 3 to go 🤞

So if we're asking the question of who above us isn't going to get to 82 points (and therefore who can't we chase down - because if we don't win our last three we're done anyhow)......

......despite how the table currently looks, Plymouth might actually be #1 on my list.
Their form has dropped off in the last few weeks, and their last three games could barely be any harder. I think it's very possible that they don't win any of them.

Think Rotherham and, unfortunately, Sunderland will definitely get to 82 now.

But with Wycombe & Wednesday still to play eachother......it's very possible that one or other of them doesn't. Especially if MKD can do the business tomorrow.

Not giving up hope yet. Not until Tuesday anyhow.

Gutted by that Sunderland winner. As a result we're not really any better off than we were at the start of play (from a statistical point of view) due to that and also Wycombe (most catchable) winning.
You're right that Sunderland are less catchable now and that Plymouth now come into focus.
However, they both remain behind both Wycombe (still plenty to do) and now Wednesday (desperately need them to drop points tomorrow) in our hit list.
Weird how it turns, but along with dropped points for Wycombe and Wednesday (x2) over the next few days we could actually now do with Sunderland winning at Plymouth on Monday, which is quite the turnaround.

Well this seems a happier place ( slightly ) today! Mind you I did fear for some of the blood pressure on here as you cruised to 3-0 and then seemingly took your foot of the gas.

I am not going to dwell on the defeat yesterday as sadly all too predictable. Couldn't bring myself to even watch on iFollow as ( and as reinforced by your WW visitor) they have a game plan that works against us and which we were unable to overcome. Two shoddy goals but general consensus was we were just not at it. And yes they ran the full gamut of gamesmanship...five minute delay to second half, sniper in the stands taking out players strategically to slow the game down, but the reality was that they deserved the win.

Makes it interesting, but we have two sell out home games to get the one win we (hopefully) need, and Hardie approaching fitness again. I'll be glued to the games today hoping for the right results and then Monday would be massive if we can roll over the Mackems. Autos are gone so happy for MK to tonk the Wendies...then they can scrap Whycome to a stand still and struggle against a resurgent relegated Crewe....

Gut feel is we will find a way on Monday....and 81 points should be enough....surely!

We never do it the easy way

E876F319-6AD3-4D88-97F2-66334CDE9A2E.jpeg

With Rotherham beating Ipswich 1-0 it now means there are only 3 spaces with our maximum points tally being 81 with 3 wins.

We are gonna need some favours..

Well this seems a happier place ( slightly ) today! Mind you I did fear for some of the blood pressure on here as you cruised to 3-0 and then seemingly took your foot of the gas.

I am not going to dwell on the defeat yesterday as sadly all too predictable. Couldn't bring myself to even watch on iFollow as ( and as reinforced by your WW visitor) they have a game plan that works against us and which we were unable to overcome. Two shoddy goals but general consensus was we were just not at it. And yes they ran the full gamut of gamesmanship...five minute delay to second half, sniper in the stands taking out players strategically to slow the game down, but the reality was that they deserved the win.

Makes it interesting, but we have two sell out home games to get the one win we (hopefully) need, and Hardie approaching fitness again. I'll be glued to the games today hoping for the right results and then Monday would be massive if we can roll over the Mackems. Autos are gone so happy for MK to tonk the Wendies...then they can scrap Whycome to a stand still and struggle against a resurgent relegated Crewe....

Gut feel is we will find a way on Monday....and 81 points should be enough....surely!

We never do it the easy way

Listening to the radio after the match yesterday, they were talking about the wycombe game. The reporter called it the dullest match he'd ever seen, wycombe just didn't want to play football, and doubted the ball was in play for more than 15 minutes in the 2nd half.

It might get them results, but I wouldn't want to watch it, and it seems the people of wycombe don't either.

Listening to the radio after the match yesterday, they were talking about the wycombe game. The reporter called it the dullest match he'd ever seen, wycombe just didn't want to play football, and doubted the ball was in play for more than 15 minutes in the 2nd half.

It might get them results, but I wouldn't want to watch it, and it seems the people of wycombe don't either.
Yesterday was a great match actually. We played Plymouth off the park and created a lot of chances. Completely stifled Plymouth to the extent they created almost nothing. It could only be described as boring because we won so comfortably it was barely even a contest

I watched most of the game from mid 1st half.
All I will say is we'll have to play out of our skins to beat Rotherham!!

Gutted by that Sunderland winner. As a result we're not really any better off than we were at the start of play (from a statistical point of view) due to that and also Wycombe (most catchable) winning.
You're right that Sunderland are less catchable now and that Plymouth now come into focus.
However, they both remain behind both Wycombe (still plenty to do) and now Wednesday (desperately need them to drop points tomorrow) in our hit list.
Weird how it turns, but along with dropped points for Wycombe and Wednesday (x2) over the next few days we could actually now do with Sunderland winning at Plymouth on Monday, which is quite the turnaround.

Surely the best result in the Plymouth v Sunderland game is the draw ? Two points on us as opposed to three and that would also keep both just about within range and the more teams we have a chance of catching the better. Given Plymouth‘s run in I’d agree that if there had to be a winner better it be Sunderland.

Wigan 2 nil down at half time. Not too disappointed, it will keep them pushing for points and hopefully a win at home to Plymouth next weekend will confirm their promotion.

Yesterday was a great match actually. We played Plymouth off the park and created a lot of chances. Completely stifled Plymouth to the extent they created almost nothing. It could only be described as boring because we won so comfortably it was barely even a contest

Barely a contest yet Plymouth had more possession, made over 100 more passes than you, created nothing but had 9 shots to your 13.

Yes Ainsworth’s football works for you but please don’t insult us by saying it is something it isn’t. Everyone knows Wycombe are a very anti football side.

Don’t they get about
Barely a contest yet Plymouth had more possession, made over 100 more passes than you, created nothing but had 9 shots to your 13.

Yes Ainsworth’s football works for you but please don’t insult us by saying it is something it isn’t. Everyone knows Wycombe are a very anti football side.
Don’t they get about 3,500 at home games?

Wimbledon v Wycombe tomorrow. Somehow need Wimbledon to get a result, even a draw will do.

Plymouth v Sunderland. Ideally a draw as it keeps plymouth well within sight if we can beat MK 🤞🏼

Wimbledon v Wycombe tomorrow. Somehow need Wimbledon to get a result, even a draw will do.

Plymouth v Sunderland. Ideally a draw as it keeps plymouth well within sight if we can beat MK 🤞🏼

You mean Monday, does feel like it's Sunday today and I've had to check a few times..😵‍💫

Back
Top Bottom