Matches The League 1 Promotion Run In

I'm no mathematician but aren't you out with your percentages by a multiplier of 10? So we would have a 13.5% - 23.4% chance? Eg on your second scenario isn't 65% and 30% going to be 23.4% not 2.34%? Happy to be told I'm wrong though!
I'm no mathematician either so the likelihood I've gone wrong somewhere is high! I worked out the 65% and 30% to be 19.5% as @SteMerritt has said above. But you then have to factor in the 12% chance of us winning all 3 of our games too which then reduces it to the 2.34% figure.

Ah OK yes I got you. Blimey off for a lie down now after all those figures.

I'm no mathematician either so the likelihood I've gone wrong somewhere is high! I worked out the 65% and 30% to be 19.5% as @SteMerritt has said above. But you then have to factor in the 12% chance of us winning all 3 of our games too which then reduces it to the 2.34% figure.
Mind you, what were the percentage chances of us making the playoffs when we were two down to Gills last season? And Pompey only had Accrington at home on the last day.

Basically this highlights the importance of us winning the 3 games, which is the hard bit. If we do, there’s a roughly even - or bit less than even - chance of us prevailing

MK Dons win, Plymouth win, Shrewsbury win, Oxford win, Ipswich win.

Next 48 hours 😅

Honestly, we don't really see Plymouth as rivals. Plymouth fans are much more invested in this rivalry than we are

From our perspective, Plymouth are simply a hilarious side-show who we nearly always beat, whilst winding them up as much as possible with our dark arts in the process. We always bring out the A-game time-wasting against Plymouth, and it's utterly glorious to see how upset their fans get every single time. The fume is incredible

Ainsworth knows this, so pumps it to the maximum whenever we face them, and I think the agitation gets through to the players. There's not one team I'm ever more confident of getting a result against than Plymouth
Told you! Plymouth were absolutely hopeless today. I still can't believe what I saw from them. The amount of passes that went straight out, and mistakes in possession.

You could see after 15 mins that we had them sussed, but they played exactly the same way for the whole game and played straight into our hands (as they do every time we face them). No plan B at all. Probably the easiest home win all season. Can't understand how they're in the playoffs

Back
Top Bottom