General The joys of Christmas!

Manorlounger

First weekend of December and Mrs Lounger has agreed that we may put up the tree and all the bits and pieces. The mince pies are ready (had a couple yesterday from Lil's bakery in Faringdon, the best ever!) The wine rack has been replenished, I've made my stuffing and sorted the red cabbage, both now in the freezer.
So, let's get the lights on the tree. I should declare that we have a big tree in the lounge and my 25 year old mini tree with all the old style tinsel and glass baubles, goes in the kitchen.
Lights are wound round the tree, put the plug in and. . . . a**e!! - only half are working. Bah humbug!

First weekend of December and Mrs Lounger has agreed that we may put up the tree and all the bits and pieces. The mince pies are ready (had a couple yesterday from Lil's bakery in Faringdon, the best ever!) The wine rack has been replenished, I've made my stuffing and sorted the red cabbage, both now in the freezer.
So, let's get the lights on the tree. I should declare that we have a big tree in the lounge and my 25 year old mini tree with all the old style tinsel and glass baubles, goes in the kitchen.
Lights are wound round the tree, put the plug in and. . . . a**e!! - only half are working. Bah humbug!
Good. That'll teach you to put up your tree at least 3 weeks before you should.

sounds a bit like the current OUFC squad

Will @Manorlounger ..................

A: Try and fix them?
B: Throw them away and buy more plastic tat from China?
C: Put them back in the loft where they should be until 20th of December?

Answers on a postcard to................. :)

Will @Manorlounger ..................

A: Try and fix them?
B: Throw them away and buy more plastic tat from China?
C: Put them back in the loft where they should be until 20th of December?

Answers on a postcard to................. :)
A. No joy, Checked all the bulbs, changed the fused bulb, no joy.
B. Reserve lights bought last year now being used. (actually better as they are LED type bulbs and will last much longer and use less electricity)
C. Mrs Lounger would like to have waited longer but, I am utterly juvenile when it comes to Christmas!

No postcards, Royal Mail are on strike and no post. :cry:

I used to be in the ‘2 weeks before Christmas’ camp but we’ve gone early this year and put the tree up on Friday. Bowed to peer pressure. Everything seems to be happening sooner now? 🤷🏻‍♂️

A tad bit too early for me , 12 days etc
So you’ll have
Partridge’s: 1 × 12 = 12
Doves: 2 × 11 = 22
Hens 3 × 10 = 30
Calling birds: 4 × 9 = 36
Golden rings: 5 × 8 = 40
Geese: 6 × 7 = 42
Swans: 7 × 6 = 42
Maids: 8 × 5 = 40
Ladies: 9 × 4 = 36
Lords: 10 × 3 = 30
Pipers: 11 × 2 = 22
Drummers: 12 × 1 = 12
Total = 364
Then add all that goes with it. Avian bird flu For days 1,2,3,4,6 & 7.
Minimum wage for day 8
Tory scum for days 9 & 10
Noise abatement notices for 11 & 12
You’ll have to sell day 5 to cover the cost of legal fees, wages and bird s**t!

I used to be in the ‘2 weeks before Christmas’ camp but we’ve gone early this year and put the tree up on Friday. Bowed to peer pressure. Everything seems to be happening sooner now? 🤷🏻‍♂️
Maybe with the cost of living problems and all the other Crap going on in the World at the moment more people are thinking get the tree and decorations up to try and add a bit of fun

Our tree went up on the 1st same as every year 😄 my gramp god rest his soul 😟 used to put his tree up on Christmas Eve and take it down boxing day he knew how to save electric 😄

Unless I'm mistaken, the '12 Days of Christmas' start on the 25th.
But the 12 weeks of Xmas start sometime towards the end of September and by the time it gets around to when Xmas should start (somewhere between the 10th and 17th December), you have been so inundated with festive joy that you wish it was over before it has actually begun....

Back
Top Bottom