General Terry Hall RIP

Only listening to 'Lunatics' yesterday. A huge party of my youth. RIP mate.

Genuinely shocked at this news , the Specials were constantly on my turntable through the eighties and I’m glad I got to see them a few times . RIP

Very sad. Great artist who’s work went way beyond The Specials (great as they were).
Thank you Terry, for the soundtrack of a lifetime.

Sad news....and Ive been asked to write a tribute on him for my day job ...Rip Terry

Very sad. Great artist who’s work went way beyond The Specials (great as they were).
Thank you Terry, for the soundtrack of a lifetime.
You're right BR, there is great and much under appreciated work on the album Terry, Blair and Anouchka and the two solo records.

Albeit without Jerry Dammers and Neville, it was great to see the Specials back in recent years and listen to one of the most distinctive voices in British music over the last 40 years.

You're right BR, there is great and much under appreciated work on the album Terry, Blair and Anouchka and the two solo records.

Albeit without Jerry Dammers and Neville, it was great to see the Specials back in recent years and listen to one of the most distinctive voices in British music over the last 40 years.
He also did the Fun Boy Three and the Colourfield - always distinctive and creative

RIP Terry. That sound summed the UK up in the 80's perfectly, incredible. He really cared about what was going on.

RIP Terry. Gangsters, Ghost Town and Too Much Too Young are iconic Ska tracks that will be played forever.

I reiterate everything said, as a 53 year old now I was at secondary school in Wantage as we entered the 1980’s.
The Two Tone and Ska music including The Specials, early Madness stuff, The Beat, The Selector, Bad Manners along the mod scene of The Jam were the soundtrack of that era.
Terry Hall was a very underrated and modest guy who has written and co-written songs for many artists and moved on with the times.
A very sad day and I can genuinely say he has had a massive influence on my teens and in later life while listening to his music..

• React
Reactions: MJB
Specials, The Selector. When Coventry was beautiful.

"If it's not Stiff it ain't worth a fuck". Changed the country, they did. For the better.

Not many can say that. Cheers Terry.

Back
Top Bottom