Chairman Takeover now Old Car Chat

Could somebody with more knowledge than a simpleton like me on these matters clarify the situation in laymans terms? The way I see it is Tiger hasnt relinquished any of his shareholding so any ‘takeover‘ would have to involve two or more of the bighitters incorporating their portions of ownership. Is that how it works? We dont even know if Tiger wants to give up the majority holding do we?
Old (November 2018)

Sumrit Thanakarnjanasuth2,825,000.00
66.86%​
Zaki Nuseibeh200,000.00
4.73%​
Ghanem Nuseibeh200,000.00
4.73%​
Knightsbridge Asia Ltd (BVI)1,000,000.00
23.67%​

Now (June 2021)
Sumrit Thanakarnjanasuth3,315,000.00
26.59%​
Knightsbridge Asia Ltd2,842,829.00
22.80%​
Empire Asia Group Company Limited2,190,000.00
17.57%​
PT. Brown Sports Management Asia2,059,353.00
16.52%​
PT. EMT Aset Investama2,059,353.00
16.52%​

So although Tiger hasn't sold his shares, issue of new shares has been mainly to other shareholders, and his majority holding has decreased to simply being the largest shareholder. I don't know if Singapore companies have a rule similar to UK whereby 75% control is an important threshold, but his holding staying above 25% could be relevant.
If Tiger sold his shares to the two PT (Indonesian) shareholders, they would jointly own 59.63%. With Knightsbridge increasing its holding suggests Geicke (assuming that's him, although I guess it could be another investor consortium) is in it for the long run. Empire obviously has the existing connection Thailand / Reading connection to Tiger and their holding increased prior to March 21.

What is the share price out of interest?
Whatever they want to charge isn't it as we are not listed on the stock market? I've got a 100 shares in my company worth 1 penny each. If anybody wants them for £1,000 per a share, I'll sell.

What is the share price out of interest?
The business profile just lists them as ordinary UK pound shares. As they are being issued rather than sold (apart from the Nuseibehs' shares) between the shareholders, I guess they are being issued at £1 each.

The business profile just lists them as ordinary UK pound shares. As they are being issued rather than sold (apart from the Nuseibehs' shares) between the shareholders, I guess they are being issued at £1 each.
Thanks for that .....

I agree, and I would expect that the increase in share holding represents the need for more funding over the last couple of years.

Not anything too revelatory, but confirmation on the latest T’Manor podcast yesterday from James Roberts at the Oxford Mail that the take-over media reports that we saw locally and nationally a few months back was indeed a coordinated announcement.

Think all of us knew this was the case but interesting to hear it confirmed none the less.

James talked about an update being potentially months away (rather than saying weeks or days...) but given his job, he needs to be careful with what he says, so wouldn’t read too much into that necessarily.

Not anything too revelatory, but confirmation on the latest T’Manor podcast yesterday from James Roberts at the Oxford Mail that the take-over media reports that we saw locally and nationally a few months back was indeed a coordinated announcement.

Think all of us knew this was the case but interesting to hear it confirmed none the less.

James talked about an update being potentially months away (rather than saying weeks or days...) but given his job, he needs to be careful with what he says, so wouldn’t read too much into that necessarily.

If the announcement of the takeover is months away that can’t be the reason for the increasingly strange delay in season ticket sales, so must be another reason for that if he is right.

Good time to remind everyone that 'Jack' Srisumrid is now a key shareholder through Empire Asia, where he is currently listed as a 'managing partner'.
And he's always been the front man for the Shinawatras....
Eeh what happened to the likes of Bob Lord or wealthy local businessmen

Good time to remind everyone that 'Jack' Srisumrid is now a key shareholder through Empire Asia, where he is currently listed as a 'managing partner'.
And he's always been the front man for the Shinawatras....
Myles told us that he was involved three years ago and took a right pasting for it. Jack has got an interesting past to say the least.

Still intrigued to see to what extent Susi is involved, and what if anything comes out of Africa.

Myles told us that he was involved three years ago and took a right pasting for it. Jack has got an interesting past to say the least.

Still intrigued to see to what extent Susi is involved, and what if anything comes out of Africa.

Back
Top Bottom