Chairman Takeover now Old Car Chat

It may but they have to have a consultation and do you think the locals would be all for it.

Who wouldn't want a stadium and top class sports pitches and leisure on their doorstep? Come buid it in Abingdon. 👍

Is it just me who has a feeling this won't happen?

Leaving the Kassam feels like something that would happen in an alternative universe. Real life is just constant misery with the odd flicker of hope every now again, OUFC reflect that

Who wouldn't want a stadium and top class sports pitches and leisure on their doorstep? Come buid it in Abingdon. 👍
It's not a case of the facilities but the locals would they want thousands of fans in their area every other Saturday and occasional Tuesdays evenings, all these things would have to be taken into consideration local councillors canvassing opinion and finding out that a new ground in their Manor is not what they want yet vote for planning permission to be granted, that would be the end of the councillors political say in their constituency.

Is it just me who has a feeling this won't happen?

Leaving the Kassam feels like something that would happen in an alternative universe. Real life is just constant misery with the odd flicker of hope every now again, OUFC reflect that
Oh man cheer up. No wonder you’re a right winger. I really enjoy going to the Kassam even when we are mid table - anything else will be a bonus

Oh man cheer up. No wonder you’re a right winger. I really enjoy going to the Kassam even when we are mid table - anything else will be a bonus
To be fair I pretty much agree with him. I'm naturally cautious with news like this before anything happens, and I have no real attachment to the current stadium either, certainly not like I had for The Manor. I'd certainly not miss it if we did move on.

To be fair I pretty much agree with him. I'm naturally cautious with news like this before anything happens, and I have no real attachment to the current stadium either, certainly not like I had for The Manor. I'd certainly not miss it if we did move on.
No me neither, I just mean I enjoy going to football and am generally quite positive, if not annoying. Not at the level of Scotch Egg though

It's not a case of the facilities but the locals would they want thousands of fans in their area every other Saturday and occasional Tuesdays evenings, all these things would have to be taken into consideration local councillors canvassing opinion and finding out that a new ground in their Manor is not what they want yet vote for planning permission to be granted, that would be the end of the councillors political say in their constituency.
Why wouldn’t the locals want, all the happy folk in here on their manor!

I'm pretty pragmatic politically, but I suppose if not kowtowing to the latest pointless divisive woke tactics makes me right wing then I guess I must be.

The Kas-stad has never felt like "home" to me, more of a wind tunnel, the ultras managed to cheer the place up a bit before they had to end, but I would dearly love a ground that truly felt ours.

Back
Top Bottom