Matches Suggestions on Matchday Atmosphere Improvements

That'll come in the new stadium with the safer standing.

I know but in the mean time we have to put up with a s**t atmosphere. That's why I prefer away games. Can't wait to leave the soulless dump.

Basically in the back half of the east stand people stand up, if you don’t want that don’t be a dick and get a ticket for there, buy one for somewhere else.

As said above it just needs people to join in then more will, it’s contagious and people feel less self conscious once a certain number are doing it. Needs a few songs that are catchy but repetitive and people not just to give up so quickly. No point trying to run before you can walk and be to clever, the atmosphere is so bad it needs building up from the bottom again.

The club also needs to tell the stewards that being boisterous at a football match is not a crime, being in a group of lads isn’t a crime and just being a football fan isn’t a crime.

Any music in place of spontaneous crowd noise is a bad decision.

No music for at least 5 minutes before the teams come out, no music after we score (not that that was a serious suggestion) and no Sweet Caroline (or other) shite after the game.

You need the Ultras on board with this, but I’ve always been a big fan of how Dortmund go about things, Giant banners and loads of singing involved.

The same when the announcement comes on for who scored, get him to say the first name, then we all shout the surname, and repeat x2. Followed by some bloody all in singing. It’s a continental thing but something I’ve always enjoyed, maybe the players would too.

Just a couple of suggestions, but it works well in Germany.

GOALLLLL
Announcer Marcus
Crowd BROWNE
X2

Something like this:
Woa Woa Woa Woa Woa Woa Woa When it’s Marcus Browne, you know your going downe.
to the mighty OXFORD repeat OXFORD!

Last edited:
You need the Ultras on board with this, but I’ve always been a big fan of how Dortmund go about things, Giant banners and loads of singing involved.

The same when the announcement comes on for who scored, get him to say the first name, then we all shout the surname, and repeat x2. Followed by some bloody all in singing. It’s a continental thing but something I’ve always enjoyed, maybe the players would too.

Just a couple of suggestions, but it works well in Germany.

Football in Germany is just on another level! 🤯

In March I went to BMG v Werder Bremen (a Friday evening game). I was sat near the away corner section where about 2,500 Werder fans sang and had the pyrotechnics going non stop, all game!

The game was a 50k sellout. Two mid table teams who had nothing to play for. Mad!

Any music in place of spontaneous crowd noise is a bad decision.

No music for at least 5 minutes before the teams come out, no music after we score (not that that was a serious suggestion) and no Sweet Caroline (or other) shite after the game.

The music playing when the players did the lap of the pitch after the Accy game really was annoying.

Football in Germany is just on another level! 🤯

In March I went to BMG v Werder Bremen (a Friday evening game). I was sat near the away corner section where about 2,500 Werder fans sang and had the pyrotechnics going non stop, all game!

The game was a 50k sellout. Two mid table teams who had nothing to play for. Mad!

Similar experience when I went to the Volkswagen Arena. VFL Wolfsburg v Eintracht Frankfurt a few years ago. Nowt to play for and non stop noise, and the same the away Frankfurt fans gave it a bloody good go out signing the Wolfsburg fans.

You could also drink in your seat and smoke in the stadium too.

Great experience, and I recommend it to anyone.

I know it’s a bit late this season but how about the North Stand next to the away fans, designated safe standing, some away fans have generated a good amount of noise from that stand before.

Good luck trying to get people in the east stand singing most of the people where my seats are would rather sit talking about anything but the football. I honestly think most of our fans are of a certain age where they've been there done that and now just like to watch the football which is fine but we need to attract new fans hopefully the ST offer for younger age groups will help with that . Also the stadium is designed so crap any noise you do make just goes into the open air where there should be another stand 🙂

Good luck trying to get people in the east stand singing most of the people where my seats are would rather sit talking about anything but the football. I honestly think most of our fans are of a certain age where they've been there done that and now just like to watch the football which is fine but we need to attract new fans hopefully the ST offer for younger age groups will help with that . Also the stadium is designed so crap any noise you do make just goes into the open air where there should be another stand 🙂

Yep that to a degree is true, but it’s something that can be introduced in the new stadium, in terms of banners and giant flags and signing, as we are pretty restricted atm in the 3 sided cesspit.

To be fair I think the new season ticket offering for 18-24s will have a decent impact over time. It’ll encourage more attendances from the age group who will stereotypically go to games to generate a bit of hostility and be part of the atmosphere as much as watch the game. That’s what home advantage is about and as long as that’s controlled and doesn’t spill over in to the type of shite behaviour we saw away at MK dons this season then it should be encouraged. Could just do with a few more triggers to involve all areas of the ground but I like the idea of more visuals as well.

The Yellow Army should create a membership e.g £10 per season. Then agree with the club a regular block booking of tickets reserved together based on the membership numbers e.g 200 seats for the yellow army to sell to thier members. They can release them at a certain point if not all sold (like jack fm did in thier promotions) some season ticket holders may have to move though. I believe this is what man utd did with the Red army to bring astmosphere back to old trafford and numbers grew each season now to 5000 and the astmosphere is much better

fans are of a certain age where they've been there done that and now just like to watch the football which is fine
This is true. As I'm now approaching the motorway speed limit, I'm more inclined to sit when those in front are also seated and although I am still able to shout the odd word of encouragement, singing for any prolonged period is out and my singing voice isn't as "forceful" as it was anyhow.

"Move stands" you say. Yep, considered that but the East Stand is the cheapest and you know how penniless us OAPs are. Rather than a singing area, perhaps we should be looking for an "old codgers" section at a price lower that that currently charged for the East Stand - centre of the SSU would be nice......

Back
Top Bottom