Matches Suggestions on Matchday Atmosphere Improvements

Wandering Yellow

Does anyone have any ideas for how we could improve the home atmosphere for next season? I feel like some of us (including me) have almost given up trying to create a positive atmosphere in the wind tunnel, but is there anything the club/ supporters could do to improve things?

Some very attractive season ticket prices for 16-24s, who are crucial to the atmosphere, could the club create a large "standing tolerated" or unreserved seating area in the East Stand? Could flags be allowed to be stored somewhere in the East Stand?

The days of full stand displays by the ultras may be unachievable now, but if anyone on here has any suggestions it would be interesting to hear.

You're never going to get much of an atmosphere at such an open stadium, unless its full to the brim.
Its not The Manor, where the low roof kept the noise in and amplified, creating a great atmosphere.

If we do that I will never attend a United home game ever again. That belongs at franchise FC.

Best way to create an atmosphere in my opinion is a snare drum to set the rhythm of the songs.
The thing you need most is probably a large group of blokes who want to sing all in the same area. Is there any area of the East Stand that has that these days?

I'm always struck there's people 3/4 rows from the top of the East Stand who want to sit down quietly. Too many people want to be in the atmosphere rather than create it.

The thing you need most is probably a large group of blokes who want to sing all in the same area. Is there any area of the East Stand that has that these days?

I'm always struck there's people 3/4 rows from the top of the East Stand who want to sit down quietly. Too many people want to be in the atmosphere rather than create it.
Yeah not the place to sit if thatโ€™s what you want to do. Where I stand almost everyone from Row R upwards stand up all game but there are others from them downwards who would rather sit & not really create much atmosphere. Probably the most rowdy part of the stadium too where you will hear swearing etc. Iโ€™ve seen kids with parents in there. Which is fine but I would like the east stand to be like our version while we are here of the London road. Hardcore diehard fans who will sing and stand for the majority of the 90 minutes.

I've been in some really good atmospheres in our home end at the breeze block.

Its about taking responsibility and not being passive. It does make a difference when the team are playing well, but if you are prepared to spend 25.00 on a ticket, and want oxford to win, you might as well go the extra step and get involved. And when I say get involved I mean actively effect the result - because we must accept that we do have a say in how our team plays. Sometimes, the team needs us to go first!
I promise that getting off your ass and making some noise will be worth your while - mark my words.

Things have been flat since Peter Rhoades-Brown stopped doing his cheerleading.

We could also do with playing music after we score.
I hope I'm going to get a big fat whoosh, but both of those are terrible ideas.

If we ever play music after a goal, I won't attend another game until it stops. We're Oxford United, not Reading or Fleetwood.

Yes , where I am in the east stand I have a similar problem of fans wanting to sit down. Need a designated standing section.

Back
Top Bottom