Stewart Donald anyone.....

R

Really? Don't forget there is a difference between chat and delivery.....

You mean like the investment in the training ground, the investment into the academy include the amount of staff we now have, the investment in the first team by paying more for players than any owner in our recent history, getting someone like Zaki on board who is making it clear he is a valuable person to have in the club, securing KR to a long term contract so there is consistency in the football club and it helps embed a culture throughout the club?

Apart from that you're right, it is just chat.

R

Really? Don't forget there is a difference between chat and delivery.....
Seriously. No delivery?
Big investment in the academy and young players surely isnt chat?
Also people like Colin seem to be implying that there are big things happening with regard to the ground. There is no chat there, but it does appear that a lot is going on behind the scenes

Seriously. No delivery?
Big investment in the academy and young players surely isnt chat?
Also people like Colin seem to be implying that there are big things happening with regard to the ground. There is no chat there, but it does appear that a lot is going on behind the scenes
Exactly my point...
'Implying'...
'It does appear'...
If Tiger had the money he said he had when he bought the club, we wouldn't have had numerous 'cashflow' issues. And we wouldn't have sold Whyte......

Exactly my point...
'Implying'...
'It does appear'...
If Tiger had the money he said he had when he bought the club, we wouldn't have had numerous 'cashflow' issues. And we wouldn't have sold Whyte......

How many cash flow issues have we had since last season?
Do you think we paid for Moore and Taylor with magic beans?
We sold Whyte because that’s the business model!

Thi
How many cash flow issues have we had since last season?
Do you think we paid for Moore and Taylor with magic beans?
We sold Whyte because that’s the business model!
This is a circular argument, so I won't keep posting on this topic. But.....
1. Tiger arrived making loads of promises
2. And inferring that he has loads of cash
3. Which he doesn't (so far) appear to have
4. If you really want to get promoted (which he says he does) you buy 2-3 players and keep your best ones. You don't sell your best player to fund player transfers
5. Especially when you claimed to have lots of £££ when you bought the club
6. And so on.....
Anyway, if he does indeed come up with a fabulous stadium plan, I will be the first to eat lots of humble pie. But until then, you will forgive me for being ever so slightly sceptical....

Thi

This is a circular argument, so I won't keep posting on this topic. But.....
1. Tiger arrived making loads of promises
2. And inferring that he has loads of cash
3. Which he doesn't (so far) appear to have
4. If you really want to get promoted (which he says he does) you buy 2-3 players and keep your best ones. You don't sell your best player to fund player transfers
5. Especially when you claimed to have lots of £££ when you bought the club
6. And so on.....
Anyway, if he does indeed come up with a fabulous stadium plan, I will be the first to eat lots of humble pie. But until then, you will forgive me for being ever so slightly sceptical....

So you want tiger to spend even more on players and not sell anyone when the club have no assets other than the players? Have you not seen that Bury have gone bust and Bolton are following very closely behind because of spending beyond their means?

Exactly my point...
'Implying'...
'It does appear'...
Big investment on the academy and young players. That is fact.
Bringing in players like Matt Taylor is fact.
Paying fees for Whyte, Sykes, Brannagan, Dickie, Moore , is not implication or apparently ..n

Sold up Bridle Insurance. what to read into that?

Sold up Bridle Insurance. what to read into that?
Possibly realising his assets? Going to be collecting a reasonable sum from Sunderland but who knows what level of debt was incurred during his tenancy?

Well from twitter it looks like Michael Dell’s advisers have set up a company for the takeover.

Let’s hope our friends in the north do the decent thing and give up their shares and write off any debt. Because they are proper football fans and realised they couldn’t take the club any further.

That’s how it works isn’t it ?

View attachment 2244

Looks like are friends are continuing to impress in the north!!

6th in the league with a game in hand over us.

I guess when you have a bigger audience so there’s always going to be someone who complains, even more than our fans. Having said that you should know Niall as you’re the first one to jump on anyone from a great height as soon as they merely says something negative (even if it’s just concern) towards OUFC.

I guess when you have a bigger audience so there’s always going to be someone who complains, even more than our fans. Having said that you should know Niall as you’re the first one to jump on anyone from a great height as soon as they merely says something negative (even if it’s just concern) towards OUFC.
I dont think that you can compare our expectations with those of Sunderland?
They probably last season had the biggest budget ever in this Division ( and massively more than any other club in L1) and they failed badly.
This season they would have the biggest budget in the Division. So its hardly surprising that their supporters are disillusioned? Its early in the season but I would imagine that they would expect to be in Ipswich's position.

I dont think that you can compare our expectations with those of Sunderland?
They probably last season had the biggest budget ever in this Division ( and massively more than any other club in L1) and they failed badly.
This season they would have the biggest budget in the Division. So its hardly surprising that their supporters are disillusioned? Its early in the season but I would imagine that they would expect to be in Ipswich's position.

As others have said, Sunderland had the highest playing budget league 1 has ever seen last year and screwed it up. This year, they will be spending the same, if not more than Ipswich. Of course budgets and performances do not go hand in hand, but you can't blame Sunderland fans from being a bit frustrated by results.

Takeover talk has been going on since April/May and even Stewart Donald says that the chances of this concluding is around 50/50. Fans are complaining that the delays in the takeover are affecting decisions to get rid of the manager, the manager is blaming the delays on contract talks with players, and players are talking of uncertainty for their futures.

All of this shows that the club is in a bit of a mess, with no more parachute payments and massive financial commitments in place for years to come.

Of course a few individuals moaning on Twitter is hardly anything to worry about, as we had the usual lot going into meltdown after a draw against Bolton! But things are far from rosy and another failure in the league this year could be extremely costly for Stew and co. or whoever's is running the show come May.

Disagree, considering the OUFC connection, Sunderland’s current tribulations merit comment. Suggest that Ross is living on borrowed time.

Whole host of exits coming I think.
Pochettino, Ole, Ross...

Back
Top Bottom