Matches Stevenage (A) - Train Strike

Lost Marbles

ASLEF are striking on Saturday 30th September.

Unlike the RMT strikes where quite a lot of trains still run, most are cancelled on an ASLEF strike day.

There is a 2 hourly service from Kings Cross to Stevenage.

Didcot Parkway has half hourly trains to London but Oxford only has one train every 3 hours. No trains whatsoever at Oxford Parkway, Bicester North or Banbury.

Oxford: 10.00
London Paddington: 10.54
London Kings Cross: 13.06
Stevenage: 13.27

Stevenage: 18.01
London Kings Cross: 18.25
London Paddington: 20.22
Oxford: 21.21

Didcot Parkway: 9.27 / 11.27
London Paddington: 10.05 / 12.05
London Kings Cross: 11.06 / 13.06
Stevenage: 11.27 / 13.27

London Paddington: 19.30
Oxford: 20.07

Last edited:
ASLEF are the drivers union so I would say its very likely that a lot of disruption will take place.

Dreadful place to get to by car too.
Horrible ground as well

Less than 100 tickets remaining as of this morning so looking like a sold out away end for the mighty yellows!

It looks like it is possible to get to this and back by train..... but please research yourself and don't reply on me, but.....

Plenty of trains in the morning to Paddington from Didcot
1.06pm to Stevenage from King's X
6.01pm to Kings X from Stevenage
8.22pm to Didcot from Paddington

Last edited:
I have edited the top post as the train timetable has now been confirmed.

There is a 2 hourly service from Kings Cross to Stevenage.

Didcot Parkway has half hourly trains to London but Oxford only has one train every 3 hours. No trains whatsoever at Oxford Parkway, Bicester North or Banbury.

Oxford: 10.00
London Paddington: 10.54
London Kings Cross: 13.06
Stevenage: 13.27

London Paddington: 20.22
Oxford: 21.21

Didcot Parkway: 9.27 / 11.27
London Paddington: 10.05 / 12.05
London Kings Cross: 11.06 / 13.06
Stevenage: 11.27 / 13.27

London Paddington: 19.30
Oxford: 20.07

It looks like it is possible to get to this and back by train..... but please research yourself and don't reply on me, but.....

Plenty of trains in the morning to Paddington
1.06pm to Stevenage from King's X
6.01pm to Kings X from Stevenage
8.22pm to Didcot from Paddington
See my post above - plenty of trains from Didcot, but not many from Oxford!

Reading that interview with Steve Evans I just had an impression of either cilla black or Bruce Forsyth couldn't work out which 😀 oh and we haven't actually spent anything on transfer fees this season so I don't understand how he thinks we've spent a lot with our new owners even tho we haven't got new owners 🤔

Reading that interview with Steve Evans I just had an impression of either cilla black or Bruce Forsyth couldn't work out which 😀 oh and we haven't actually spent anything on transfer fees this season so I don't understand how he thinks we've spent a lot with our new owners even tho we haven't got new owners 🤔

Can't believe I'm defending the fat crook, but I don't think he said anything this time that wasn't true. Just looking at our accounts over the past few years, we are spending substantially beyond our means so it's hard to argue that our new owners haven't invested significantly in our team. And then most of the rest of his interview (at least the bits about our game) was about what a good manager Manning is, and how idiotic of MKD it was to sack him.

If he wasn't such an unsavoury A*****e most of the time, Evans would actually be a decent lower league manager. He's done a stunning job at Stevenage.

Steve Evans has an impressive 52 per cent win rate at Stevenage.

F6ubB2DWwAABosN

Can't believe I'm defending the fat crook, but I don't think he said anything this time that wasn't true. Just looking at our accounts over the past few years, we are spending substantially beyond our means so it's hard to argue that our new owners haven't invested significantly in our team. And then most of the rest of his interview (at least the bits about our game) was about what a good manager Manning is, and how idiotic of MKD it was to sack him.

If he wasn't such an unsavoury A*****e most of the time, Evans would actually be a decent lower league manager. He's done a stunning job at Stevenage.
It's the same old Evans schtick every time we play them - 'they're a big club, had success in the past, spent big money' and so on. Oh and 'they are playing little old us, with limited resources' - it never changes, he's been doing it for years.

This year he being trying to present himself as reformed character who has tempered his actions - not so. It will be the same whining and moaning at the officials - every time the 4th official turns around Evans or Rayner will be in his face. Watching Appleton, who refused to take the bait, was always entertaining. Not so Robinson.

You're right in that he has a good managerial record generally but also in what an odious person he generally is.

This year he being trying to present himself as reformed character who has tempered his actions - not so. It will be the same whining and moaning at the officials - every time the 4th official turns around Evans or Rayner will be in his face. Watching Appleton, who refused to take the bait, was always entertaining. Not so Robinson.

You're right in that he has a good managerial record generally but also in what an odious person he generally is.

I've lost count of the number of touchline bans he's had for abusing the match officials, but according to Mous, he was still at it again when Pompey went there earlier in the season.

If he could only rein himself in once in a while, he clearly knows how to recruit and set up a team on a budget.

I was wondering if anyone would have a ticket for the game they'd be willing to sell? Please DM me if they do

Back
Top Bottom