Matches Steve Kinniburgh

With all due respect, why has a new article on the Board’s decision to appoint a new Head of Academy got a quote from the Manager in it?

Quote from Steve? Great.

Chairman’s comments? Standard.

“Karl Robinson added…” Why?

This club is run so strangely.
Because the club IS KR!

With all due respect, why has a new article on the Board’s decision to appoint a new Head of Academy got a quote from the Manager in it?

Quote from Steve? Great.

Chairman’s comments? Standard.

“Karl Robinson added…” Why?

This club is run so strangely.
Adds credence to the suspicion that KR’s role is closer to Board level than most ‘first team manager’ roles at other clubs. Which, in turn, would explain why he’s apparently bullet proof..

Karl is, to all intents and purposes, Director of Football. I'm not sure why people are still surprised by that.

Great appointment, will be a shame to lose his voice on Rad Oxford but hopefully our loss is the clubs gain.

As for Karls comments, I can smell bullsh*t to the statement in bold

Karl Robinson added:

“I didn’t know Stevie as a player but the moment I heard him on the radio after our games I asked who he was because he was so knowledgeable and obviously cared about the club. He questioned things, he had strong views, and I like those qualities."

Karl is, to all intents and purposes, Director of Football. I'm not sure why people are still surprised by that.
Yep I think you’re right. Great appointment that was. Couldn’t direct his way out of a telephone box

Really glad we've got someone in place and also really glad it's not another one of Karl's 'yes men' that he's surrounded himself with. Good luck, Stevie.

Not surprised, just increasingly irked. And particularly given that this is a corporate news article and not just a garbled interview. The governance is ridiculous for such a small operation.

Great appointment, will be a shame to lose his voice on Rad Oxford but hopefully our loss is the clubs gain.

As for Karls comments, I can smell bullsh*t to the statement in bold

Karl Robinson added:

“I didn’t know Stevie as a player but the moment I heard him on the radio after our games I asked who he was because he was so knowledgeable and obviously cared about the club. He questioned things, he had strong views, and I like those qualities."
But will he ask SK why he doesn’t mince his words and speaks the truth which do question KR a lot of the time

Really glad we've got someone in place and also really glad it's not another one of Karl's 'yes men' that he's surrounded himself with. Good luck, Stevie.
Listen to SK in the radio and I doubt whether he will be a KR yes man

Listen to SK in the radio and I doubt whether he will be a KR yes man
Yep, that's exactly what I said. "really glad it's not another one of Karl's 'yes men' that he's surrounded himself with."

Back
Top Bottom