Matches Steve Kinniburgh

Hackney Jack

His commentary and feedback is absolutely brilliant, second to none.

Refreshingly honest.

His thoughts on KR's tactics not giving Taylor the service a striker needs is spot on.

Pretty much everything he says re oufc is right, saying how on paper we look good, but can never pull it together under Kr. And our set pieces are appalling.

And how predictable we are.

Top man.

It should be him putting KR under pressure with tough questions after matches.

I really enjoy his input, talks a lot of sense.
I would pay very good money for Kinniburgh to do the post match interview with KR. Or better still, get Kr on the Radio Ox five minutes slot, with Kinniburgh telling him how to atleast begin to do a better job. Would Kr Listen? Nope...

I have had a few Tennents Super this afternoon, but for heaven's sake KRs post match summary would leave anyone cold stone sober scratching their head. Totally befuddled by all of it. Where to we go from here?.

His commentary and feedback is absolutely brilliant, second to none.

Refreshingly honest.

His thoughts on KR's tactics not giving Taylor the service a striker needs is spot on.

Pretty much everything he says re oufc is right, saying how on paper we look good, but can never pull it together under Kr. And our set pieces are appalling.

And how predictable we are.

Top man.
Never heard his commentary today but When I’ve heard him he has been brutally honest

What did Kr say?
Maybe it is (or will be) on the RadOx play again service. I did hear it - it was (as Windmill says) not exactly enlightening and made little logical sense in the main (and I hadn't been on the Tennants!). The gist of it was that we'd lost in a different way to our last few away games so you couldn't group them together - I didn't really agree with either of those points - that we'd yet again had at least one stonewall penalty denied us and that the moon was made of cheese. The last one might not be right, but I'd stopped listening very closely by then.

He , and to be fair, some of the others on that programme want Sykes dropped. Only arguably, our best player this season.

Thinks his reading of a game is quite flawed. There were other players who needed putting in the cart. And no mention of our lack of fitness, which is consistently letting us down in second halves of matches.

Seddon, Gorrin, the incredibly lame Holland, the increasingly ineffective Whyte for example should be under the microscope.

Also does Robyn Cowan actually watch the games live? Would be useful if she did.

if you’re looking for brilliant insight listen to Jerome. A talented broadcaster.

It does baffle me somewhat that both Stevie K and Eddie Anaclet were pretty well nothing-worth-having fullbacks for us but have ended up as our go-to radio commentators. How come the likes of Paul Powell, Jamie Brooks and Beano never made it in to 'the media'?

Beano always came over as too nice in interviews unless talking about transfers to Swindon.

It does baffle me somewhat that both Stevie K and Eddie Anaclet were pretty well nothing-worth-having fullbacks for us but have ended up as our go-to radio commentators. How come the likes of Paul Powell, Jamie Brooks and Beano never made it in to 'the media'?
It’s a different job, Stevie is very articulate and entertaining but I’m not sure Paul Powell would speak as well.

I don’t think there’s necessarily any link between footballing ability and being a good pundit/commentator…

Back
Top Bottom