Matches Steve Kinniburgh

Roy Keane being the case in point.

I quite like Roy Keane with his glowering 'could punch anybody any second' style.

I can imagine he'd be a nightmare to go seriously on the P**s with though.

Se any ITV World Cup/Euros punditry team. So many big names, so little insight.
The BBC pundit line up has baffled me for years. Alan Shearer offers zero insight and Lineker just smirks while reading an autocue. Football is supposed to be entertainment but MOTD is just a bore. It's a weekly reunion between a bunch of dull ex-footballers. The EFL show seems to have been shot on a budget of about 50p, but at least it's quite good fun and amusing.

The BBC pundit line up has baffled me for years. Alan Shearer offers zero insight and Lineker just smirks while reading an autocue. Football is supposed to be entertainment but MOTD is just a bore. It's a weekly reunion between a bunch of dull ex-footballers. The EFL show seems to have been shot on a budget of about 50p, but at least it's quite good fun and amusing.
I do actually like the EFL show, I think Colin Murray is quite good and the guests are usually ok too, even when they have ex-S****** players on there ha ha. I'll watch this pretty much every week but will very rarely watch MOTD.

I think Lineker is good and can be funny but Shearer et al are all dreary. They should try bringing in someone like Frank Skinner who's a fan but amusing and irreverent.

He , and to be fair, some of the others on that programme want Sykes dropped. Only arguably, our best player this season.

Thinks his reading of a game is quite flawed. There were other players who needed putting in the cart. And no mention of our lack of fitness, which is consistently letting us down in second halves of matches.

Seddon, Gorrin, the incredibly lame Holland, the increasingly ineffective Whyte for example should be under the microscope.

Also does Robyn Cowan actually watch the games live? Would be useful if she did.

if you’re looking for brilliant insight listen to Jerome. A talented broadcaster.
Sykes is the epitome of flattering to deceive. He has skill and often uses it... unfortunately, to no great benefit to the team. SK pointed this out, quite rightly, and that he needs to up his goals and/or assists, as for a player now playing in a front three they are woeful.

Whyte has been playing on the left, where he obviously isn't suited. Play him on the right in Sykes current position and I have no doubt his contribution will increase and surpass that of Sykes.

if you’re looking for brilliant insight listen to Jerome. A talented broadcaster.

So I love the whole RadOx team - even the incompetent ones (Hello, Nick) - as they're my weekly connection back to the club!

But whilst Jerome does some things really well, his constant moaning drives me nuts. Almost 100% guaranteed that he's going to be complaining about refereeing inconsistency at some point during his stint, and he's never going to let it go. Which is fine if you're coming on here, or fine if you're a big mouth sat in the SSU, but I'm it's not what I want from my official commentators. I want interesting factoids, stats and updates, hopefully some tactical insight and then a bit of passion and excitement (all of which, to be fair, Jerome provides) and that's it. I prefer Nathan's quarters, to be honest.

Stevie K brings the most tactical insight of anyone on the RadOx team, and certainly a ton of passion, but - as I believe you've previously pointed out - he does talk too much. Needs to learn to distill his comments.

I believe that 'differently competenced' is the phrase we should use.

So I love the whole RadOx team - even the incompetent ones (Hello, Nick) - as they're my weekly connection back to the club!

But whilst Jerome does some things really well, his constant moaning drives me nuts. Almost 100% guaranteed that he's going to be complaining about refereeing inconsistency at some point during his stint, and he's never going to let it go. Which is fine if you're coming on here, or fine if you're a big mouth sat in the SSU, but I'm it's not what I want from my official commentators. I want interesting factoids, stats and updates, hopefully some tactical insight and then a bit of passion and excitement (all of which, to be fair, Jerome provides) and that's it. I prefer Nathan's quarters, to be honest.

Stevie K brings the most tactical insight of anyone on the RadOx team, and certainly a ton of passion, but - as I believe you've previously pointed out - he does talk too much. Needs to learn to distill his comments.

But he’s right though

But he’s right though
Not always, several times he and the rest of the team are wrong about fundamental officiating decisions (as in, the applicable laws). That said, he is looking at it in real time without a replay.

Not always, several times he and the rest of the team are wrong about fundamental officiating decisions (as in, the applicable laws). That said, he is looking at it in real time without a replay.
Yes but my argument to that is most of the refs we seem to get are known as the w****r in the black

On Saturday he mentioned we had about 15 corners and free kicks and did nothing with any of them yet we go into panic mode when we concede any, also questioned why people rated Sykes so highly when there is no end product from him. Both good points. I think he’s good, I’d love to hear him give KR a grilling after a match.

On Saturday he mentioned we had about 15 corners and free kicks and did nothing with any of them yet we go into panic mode when we concede any, also questioned why people rated Sykes so highly when there is no end product from him. Both good points. I think he’s good, I’d love to hear him give KR a grilling after a match.

I mean the reason people are excited about Sykes is that he has a great engine, a decent turn of pace, his movement is terrific so he's always finding space - and often in dangerous positions, and he has generally excellent close control so is great at getting the ball down and moving forwards.

But, equally obviously, he's starting to run out of time to add some - any - form of end product to his game. There's no chance he gets another contract with us unless he turns some of these great positions he gets into on a weekly basis into actual goals and/or assists; so it has to happen this season or it won't happen with us.

Rubbish! That is certainly not the case. And what do you really know about refereeing? Qualified, are you?
Probably a lot more than you. Some of the refs I’ve seen in the last 53 years leave a lot to be desired

Back
Top Bottom