Matches Steve Kinniburgh

Probably a lot more than you. Some of the refs I’ve seen in the last 53 years leave a lot to be desired
I know nothing about it. But if they’re nearly all crap maybe it’s not possible to be good by your standards. Really the best you can normally say about a ref is that you didn’t notice him.

I know this is massively off topic, but referees appear worse because of how the game has changed. It's quicker with far more scrutiny from tv, players look to cheat and feign injury, and there's little respect anymore. Referees are fitter and far more qualified than they've ever been, but they're still human and make mistakes.

But back to Steve Kinniburgh!

I think he comes across well but appears limited in his coaching knowledge and his assessments can be a little naive. Although he is relatable as he says things that we think, and offers more honesty than we often see from his "safer" colleagues.

Best write to the Scottish FA and explain why, some fella who's never coached a professional football team a day in his life, thinks Steve Kinniburgh, with his UEFA A License, is not qualified to be their player and coach development manager
obama-mic-drop.gif

I think that Kinniburgh's insights into what he's witnessed over the course of 90 minutes is excellent.

However, this shouldn't be compared to what's Karl's seen in training throughout the week. They're just not the same.

In these early stages of the season, I think I am finding myself re-evaluate what my expectations are for the season....

Pre-season, I was guilty of almost going down the list of teams in league one and either saying "Promotion", "Crap" and "mid-table nothing".

Where as, I now believe that the match-day truth in league one is going to be season of anyone beating anyone. On those days where we lose badly (or the performance is poor), Kinniburgh is going to be able to dissect key moments that will make answers appear obvious.

I hope we as fans stop short of using this analysis unfairly against Karl. Robinson's success will be determined by the total sum of points at the end of the season.

I know nothing about it. But if they’re nearly all crap maybe it’s not possible to be good by your standards. Really the best you can normally say about a ref is that you didn’t notice him.
If you read my original post i said most were crap but I was called out on that and hence my reply. I have made it quite clear that most refs don’t be seen are crap especially Huxtable, Drysdale ( who we’ve have this Saturday ) and the worst of them all Kettle

I think he comes across well but appears limited in his coaching knowledge and his assessments can be a little naive. Although he is relatable as he says things that we think, and offers more honesty than we often see from his "safer" colleagues.

So to be clear you are saying Kinniburgh is the least technically astute member of the radox team.

*guffaw*

Ok so by the process of elimination you must be saying he's less tactically astute than you?

Sneaky move by the club. Employ the people who state the truth on media. In all fairness he seems like a great appointment. Would the manager have a say in such appointments? If so, not a good sign that kr is leaving any time soon.

Sneaky move by the club. Employ the people who state the truth on media. In all fairness he seems like a great appointment. Would the manager have a say in such appointments? If so, not a good sign that kr is leaving any time soon.
Was just thinking the same.

Well, it's widely proclaimed that KR has the final say in all appointments at the club......

With all due respect, why has a new article on the Board’s decision to appoint a new Head of Academy got a quote from the Manager in it?

Quote from Steve? Great.

Chairman’s comments? Standard.

“Karl Robinson added…” Why?

This club is run so strangely.

great move by the club..... hopefully we'll see that Kinni walks it like he talks it - as in his post match assessments WATG on radox he said it as he saw it, so Im looking forward to young U's results delivering win after win after win in the near future

good luck Kinni

With all due respect, why has a new article on the Board’s decision to appoint a new Head of Academy got a quote from the Manager in it?

Quote from Steve? Great.

Chairman’s comments? Standard.

“Karl Robinson added…” Why?

This club is run so strangely.

Glad someone said it.

Back
Top Bottom