Ex Player Stanley Mills

I dislocated my knee playing football when I was 18. Not for the squeamish, but my kneecap ended up round the back of my leg, chipping off some bone in the process. Like Mills, nobody was near me when it happened, I just caught my foot in the turf. Anyway, it was a good 3 to 4 months before I was moving properly again. Could thus be similar timeframe for him. (Also, it was the worst pain I ever felt.)
Did you do any ligament damage?

If it’s only bone related, then hopefully like I said in another thread it may mean a quicker recovery/less impact going forward

Did you do any ligament damage?

If it’s only bone related, then hopefully like I said in another thread it may mean a quicker recovery/less impact going forward

I had no ligament damage (well don't remember its being mentioned anyway). Suspect he'll have a more intensive recovery programme than I did, so could be faster.

GF: Mills has returned to Everton.

TW: Who? And when did that happen?

GF: Yesterday. Everton announced it this morning. He was on loan with us. Should we put something out there for the customers to read from Chris Williams?

TW: Nah. If Everton have announced it, we can kick back. I've got to get past level 138 of Candy Crush this morning. That Planning Permission thingy over there can wait a bit longer, can't it?

Thanks for all you’ve done for us in your time here Stan. Wishing you a speedy and full recovery, and success in your future career.

best wishes for a speedy recovery to Stan, we will miss him in the 2nd half of the season. Kid has a bright future, wouldn't say no to having him back on loan again next season.

That's a great statement- excellent quotes from Des and Stan.

Waiting for certain people to come and pick holes in it in 5, 4 3 ,2, 1....
Well from a comms perspective it’s nowhere near as clear as the Everton update. It says he’s ‘returned to Everton’ rather than being recalled, for example.

Many seem nit-picky but I only write web content for a living 🙊

Well from a comms perspective it’s nowhere near as clear as the Everton update. It says he’s ‘returned to Everton’ rather than being recalled, for example.

Many seem nit-picky but I only write web content for a living 🙊
Returned seems fine in my view. Recall makes it sound more like it was against the wishes of the club where as returned, combined with the content of the interview, makes it clear it was only due to the injury.

Wish him all the best with his recovery - he's your absolute classic winger. Goes missing completely one week, utterly unplayable the next. But could never fault his effort level, and when he adds a bit more consistency to his game, he'll be a hell of a player.

Such a freaky injury. No challenge, noone near him, just clearly had his weight slightly off when we went to shoot and snap.
It's the sort of thing that helps you understand why most players take the money when it's there, and we should remember next time we're berating people like Mark Sykes for a lack of loyalty. Because you just never know when the next bad injury has your name on it.

Back
Top Bottom