FA Cup Spirites Making Pompey Look Ordinary

I hope it's not still the thumbs tied ro the back of the opposite knee. Very noughties.

Could of been alot worse though. We put in a professional performance and got the result we needed.

Charlton, Pompey, Derby, Posh, Northampton, Cheltenham, Lincoln, Barnsley all from league one have either been knocked out or have a difficult replay against lower opposition. I know which position I would rather be in.
Not disputing that it could have been worse, just thinking claiming we had lots of chances, and therefore Maidenhead were lucky to only lose 2-0 takes away from the performance they actually put on, they've worried us far more than some League 1 teams this season.

Not disputing that it could have been worse, just thinking claiming we had lots of chances, and therefore Maidenhead were lucky to only lose 2-0 takes away from the performance they actually put on, they've worried us far more than some League 1 teams this season.

I was responding to the other poster who claimed the only difference between our performance and Pompey's is that Chesterfield scored and Maidenhead didn't.

That isn't true and stats don't lie ..

Possession
Us 58% Maidenhead 42%
Shots
Us 13 Maidenhead 8
On target shots
Us 6 Maidenhead 2

Possession

Chesterfield 42% Pompey 58%
Shots
Chesterfield 11 Pompey 9
On target
Chesterfield 6 Pompey 3

Both us and Chesterfield deserved to win but I do agree we should of kicked on abit more and alot of our possession like Pompey's was playing it sideways and backwards which is boring to watch but the best way to control the game.

Sorry, but I really don't think that Saturday was a 'professional performance' from us. It was sloppy and mostly one-paced. We kept the ball relatively easily for periods by playing the simple pass, but threatened little - and then a misplaced pass would just give the ball away. Our first goal was one of the few times we did ourselves justice. Maidenhead had three very presentable chances at the end of the first half - we were lucky to go in a goal up at half time. I very much suspect from what he said after the game that Manning was not pleased with how we played (there was quite a lot of 'the lads were disappointed with the performance aspect and we know we can do a lot better' type stuff in the post match interview) - and understandably so.

Back
Top Bottom