FA Cup Spirites Making Pompey Look Ordinary

chuckbert

I'm quite enjoying the Chesterfield - Pompey match. Pompey are not looking like League 1 leaders. Whyte came on as a sub and hasn't lit the place up.

I'm quite enjoying the Chesterfield - Pompey match. Pompey are not looking like League 1 leaders. Whyte came on as a sub and hasn't lit the place up.
Have you learnt nothing? Portsmouth only score once the clock had ticked past 90 minutes. Bastards.

A Portsmouth equaliser would be good now. It would mean they couldn't concentrate on the league.🫤

Chesterfield won 1-0. Manning should watch the full match then he may het ideas how to beat Pompey.

Pompey out and no longer unbeaten. Well done Chesterfield!

A Portsmouth equaliser would be good now. It would mean they couldn't concentrate on the league.🫤

They might have longer term repercussions if Poole and Anjorin's injuries are serious. At the time it didn't look good for either of them.

Pompey out and no longer unbeaten. Well done Chesterfield!
Surely they were unbeataben once they were knocked out of the league cup 🤔 .... They were poor today the difference between chesterfield and Maidenhead was chesterfield scored otherwise that could have been us yesterday

Surely they were unbeataben once they were knocked out of the league cup 🤔 .... They were poor today the difference between chesterfield and Maidenhead was chesterfield scored otherwise that could have been us yesterday

Was they beaten on penalties in the league cup though?

Disagree with that last bit. We scored 2 goals that were good team play, sure the game wasn't the most thrilling but we didn't have to get out of second gear to win where Pompey were woeful all game and could of been on the end of alot worse score line.

Was they beaten on penalties in the league cup though?

Disagree with that last bit. We scored 2 goals that were good team play, sure the game wasn't the most thrilling but we didn't have to get out of second gear to win where Pompey were woeful all game and could of been on the end of alot worse score line.
Maidenhead had their chances they just didn't take them ( doesn't matter anyhow come on Slough)

Maidenhead had their chances they just didn't take them ( doesn't matter anyhow come on Slough)

We also had loads of chances and scored 2. Pompey only had 3 shots on target all game and I can't really remember any of them being more than a routine save for the goalkeeper.

Hopefully Slough can do it.

Hopefully that takes the wind out their sails a bit. They've got a fairly tough run of league games now with Charlton, Blackpool, Burton and Bolton in the next four after our game with them was postponed so I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped some points there. Could be a chance to nab top spot in the next few weeks.

Obviously I hope they'd recover and still finish second for Mous, I'm not a monster.

I thought Chesterfield were pretty decent, and I especially enjoyed the fact that they didn't let themselves get pushed back later in the game, but kept themselves on the front foot.

We are now the highest ranking team in the competition (at least for one round)....

We play Bolton on the Tuesday night before the second round. That game might just be for the honour of the title "highest ranking team in Round 2"!

(Especially as they have three league games to play between now and then, whilst we only have two)

Very surprised by the result today, I had Portsmouth down for a league and cup double this season.

I really wouldn't class what we produced yesterday as loads of chances, we did OK without ever really looking dangerous

Could of been alot worse though. We put in a professional performance and got the result we needed.

Charlton, Pompey, Derby, Posh, Northampton, Cheltenham, Lincoln, Barnsley all from league one have either been knocked out or have a difficult replay against lower opposition. I know which position I would rather be in.

Back
Top Bottom