Sport Speedway

I see the scourge of shite team names has spread from T20 and Hundred into Speedway then...

The top flight team should be the Cheetahs. It always was, as I was growing up, and always should be. I was surprised they went with Spires.

I guess a fresh name, and fresh start. We will see how it goes, but I’m looking forward to rocking up at Sandy Lane again.

The top flight team should be the Cheetahs. It always was, as I was growing up, and always should be. I was surprised they went with Spires.

I guess a fresh name, and fresh start. We will see how it goes, but I’m looking forward to rocking up at Sandy Lane again.
agree

As an aside to the name of the Speedway team, there has been a recent article regarding Romford Greyhound Stadium. Apparently in the 1930s the then owner thought he would
add some extra interest by using Cheetahs imported to England racing against Greyhounds. it was not a success as Cheetahs won easily and in other scenarios the Cheetahs
lost interest in chasing an electric hare and simply lay down on the track.

I believe live streams for every meeting , check the Oxford Speedway website, great crowd & atmosphere last night . The promotion at Oxford are doing a great job & are a leading light with speedway . Never has a speedway team run 3 teams & yes we would all like the Cheetahs to be the premiership name but something to do with a previous promotion I believe but don’t quote me on that ! Give it a go , Spires on a Thursday, Cheetahs on Wednesday nights & Chargers Sunday afternoons . I’m so pleased the supporters never gave in to the developers , what an asset the stadium is for the community. Hope the Coventry Bees keep fighting to get Brandon back as well

Running 3 teams is brilliant, and guarenteed speedway every week. Whether it’s the Spires,Cheetahs, and Chargers.

I went last night, and in difficult track conditions it was a great meeting. They didn’t grade it once. Normally they would do it twice at times.

I recommend going, it’s great value, and let’s be honest - we’ve been starved of speedway at Sandy Lane.

21st April vs Edinburgh
19th May vs Middlesbrough
16th June vs Belle Vue
14th July vs Scunthorpe/Sheffield
25th August vs Leicester
You have to buy tickets through the link on the Website, tickets usually go on sale about a week before.
If meeting gets postponed you get a refund
U16 get free entry

Oxford Vs Sheffield Tigers tonight, weather looks great for Speedway. Tigers are the league champions last season & have Tai Woffinden 3 x world champion riding for them , should be cracking !

Oxford Vs Sheffield Tigers tonight, weather looks great for Speedway. Tigers are the league champions last season & have Tai Woffinden 3 x world champion riding for them , should be cracking !
Is it available to stream?

No stream available.

BSN have Leicester Lions v Kings Lynn if you want to watch Speedway.

I couldn’t go tonight, and I’m gutted about it. Terrific weather, and should be a cracker of a meeting. Tai Woffinden and the two Holder brothers racing for the Tigers, but I don’t think they’ve ever raced around Sandy Lane, so that might help the Spires to a victory.

Wish I could have gone!!

12-12 at the moment, Sheffield unfortunately 👀 very good , two fantastic races going right to the line .. absolutely huge crowd which is great to see .
Fantastic atmosphere, Sheffield fans giving it large , obviously their football clubs clubs aren’t doing well 🤣🤣

Back
Top Bottom