Sport Speedway

Orkney Islands Yellow

Just thought I'd start a speedway thread as the Cheetahs are back! I remember the days of Wigg, Nelson and Dugard and whist this won't be at that level it's still great to have speedway back.

Hopefully the stadium will be ready for the 15th as the first meeting is already sold out.

13th April is the 1st home meeting. It will be great to hear the roaring again.

Tickets for the meeting vs Poole (Current Champions and Champions Elect among the pundits) are now on sale. Meeting is Wednesday 20th April. Car parking is at Unipart, once you choose the type and amount of tickets you want you scroll down a bit further to book the parking..
There are shuttles running as far as I know for those unable to take the 10 minute walk from/to the Unipart car park

I heard they were struggling to get the stadium ready for spectators but it seems all systems go! Great stuff by all to get this back in Oxford.

I wish I was there tonight. A very special evening, and guest of honour is Hans Nielsen.

Heat 1 at 19:30 gutted I can’t be there. 2000 tickets sold rapidly.

Just thought I'd start a speedway thread as the Cheetahs are back! I remember the days of Wigg, Nelson and Dugard and whist this won't be at that level it's still great to have speedway back.

Hopefully the stadium will be ready for the 15th as the first meeting is already sold out.

Marvyn Cox was also in that line up with Wiggy (RIP) Nielsen and Martin Dugard.

only went a couple of times during that (successful) era.... I went more regularly before then with my grandparents & uncle, when Arne Pander, Roy Trigg, Rick Timmo and others were riding for the cheetahs

wish them all the best for tonight & the future

Good to hear that. It's effectively the second division isn't it, so still a chance to get back into the big time I hope. Brings back nostalgia from the 1980s. Talking of which, an excuse for this name connection...

Next home game against the Poole Pirates on April 20th is Sold out.

They go like hot cakes. Tickets are now available for the visit of Redcar Bears.

Next week for the match against Leicester, the current league leaders the club are offering free entry to U16s with an adult ticket bought in advance

Speedway starts tonight in the Premiership at Sandy Lane.

I’m going, as the Spires take on the B’ham Brummies.

I see the scourge of shite team names has spread from T20 and Hundred into Speedway then...

Back
Top Bottom