National News Sir Keir Starmer

And when you consider that the Brexit Referendum vote (as an example) hinged on persuading 634,751* people out of the 33,551,983 valid votes cast to vote one way or another, you soon realise what a devastatingly effective tool a press in the pockets of one side or the other can be.

*Winning margin for leave was 1,269,501 votes. Therefore it only takes half of that +1 (hence 634,751) to change the result.

Tell me about it, as a citizen of nowhere ( Not gonna forget that remark any time soon ) it was quite
difficult watching it unfold from the outside.

Why bring up what may have happened king after the event
Oh for heaven's sake Bazza, can you not see that you have got the wrong and of the stick here. :oops:

That example was used to illustrate how few people you need to influence in a close vote....surely you realised that was the point, not a questioning of the result itself. 🤷‍♂️

Have you had your Snickers today? ;) :ROFLMAO:

Oh for heaven's sake Bazza, can you not see that you have got the wrong and of the stick here. :oops:

That example was used to illustrate how few people you need to influence in a close vote....surely you realised that was the point, not a questioning of the result itself. 🤷‍♂️

Hate snickers but fare play to you your sheikness, I put it all down to memory sleeping very well 😊😉

But Brexit won, no point of offs and buts, it’s done and dusted.
Brexit is not 'done' and never will be. It's here now, yesterday, tomorrow, next year, fifty years time*. It was never a thing to be 'done'. It's an ongoing event/trading environment/set of laws etc. That's why people are correct to talk of it in the present and future tense. Do you genuinely not get that?

*Rees-Mogg

Last edited:

Had Bazero down more as a Yorkie Man.

Brexit is not 'done' and never will be. It's here now, yesterday, tomorrow, next year, fifty years time*. It was never a thing to be 'done'. It's an ongoing event/trading environment/set of laws etc. That's why people are correct to talk of it in the present and future tense. Do you genuinely not get that?

*Rees-Mogg
The vote dear chap the vote.

Macron seemingly caved in.
Why didn’t we retaliate and hold some of their fisherman?
Apparently they want us to agree a defence deal

Maybe but Brexit was voted for and Brexit win, but yes I know it will take years to sort everything out and with that idiot Macron causing issues it doesn’t help.

You focus on Macron while not mentioning self interested idiot Johnson signing these deals such as the Northern Ireland procotol (and threatening to invoke Article 16)?! Mention both or none is what I'd suggest.

Let's not get too carried away - a local (ex) Labour MP "forgot" she was also being paid as a councillor in Islington due to "the pressures of work" and wanting to publish nude photos and throw acid at someone. 🤷‍♀️

It may not be as rampant on the Labour side but it still happens and I presume it happens "less" because they are in opposition so have far less influence.

But Labour disowned her. The Tories tried to change the rules in support of Patterson. You can only make comparisons when there's something to compare! 🤦‍♂️

But Labour disowned her. The Tories tried to change the rules in support of Patterson. You can only make comparisons when there's something to compare! 🤦‍♂️
The line of defence is getting a bit Vicky Pollard isn't it:

images

Maybe but Brexit was voted for and Brexit win, but yes I know it will take years to sort everything out and with that idiot Macron causing issues it doesn’t help.

So, this is the bit where i say, go on then, tell me why Macron is an idiot ? Then you respond by saying, Mac and Ron is a ling gfro, oh sorry, fat fingers,
he is creating s**t cos its his election year coming up, and thats when i tell you that once again, hook, line and sinker you fallen for a load of old bollox,
to which you reply with a :LOL: and i go and shoot myself.

Nice chatting with you, laters.

Of course, she is now appealing against the guilty verdict and the sentence, something Patterson could not do, so there are similarities.

She will still be hanging around like a bad smell into next year as her appeal is scheduled for March 2022...... in her £80k+ a year.

So, this is the bit where i say, go on then, tell me why Macron is an idiot ? Then you respond by saying, Mac and Ron is a ling gfro, oh sorry, fat fingers,
he is creating s**t cos its his election year coming up, and thats when i tell you that once again, hook, line and sinker you fallen for a load of old bollox,
to which you reply with a :LOL: and i go and shoot myself.

Nice chatting with you, laters.
Well his threats of causing mayhem to our country through cross channel disruption over trade and the threat by his minister over cutting power to the Channel Islands unless we give them more fishing licences is petulant and childish by a so called leader with the suspicion of trying to look tough because of the French elections next year. But with the rest of the eu telling him to get fucked if he wants their support, shows how popular he is with the rest of Europe let alone the french citizens.

Well his threats of causing mayhem to our country through cross channel disruption over trade and the threat by his minister over cutting power to the Channel Islands unless we give them more fishing licences is petulant and childish by a so called leader with the suspicion of trying to look tough because of the French elections next year. But with the rest of the eu telling him to get fucked if he wants their support, shows how popular he is with the rest of Europe let alone the french citizens.

If you reach an agreement with someone and then break the deal i think its only fair to expect a bit of retribution,
i have no doubt that if the roles were reversed you would be at defcon 1 and the country would lose the last of
its yew trees.

Meanwhile, how are those oven ready deals going ?

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...-making-contingency-plans-for-uk-eu-trade-war

Of course, she is now appealing against the guilty verdict and the sentence, something Patterson could not do, so there are similarities.

She will still be hanging around like a bad smell into next year as her appeal is scheduled for March 2022...... in her £80k+ a year.
Oh yes of course that was the similarity you were trying to highlight which is why you didn't compare one process with the other, but compared the individuals misdemeanours. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

No need for more transparency where you are concerned!

Back
Top Bottom