International News Russian War With Ukraine

It's hard to imagine how Putin could possibly be less Communist. He's pretty much the exact opposite.
Financially yes, but maybe more of a tyrant and a dictator in his persona.

What I can’t work out is when the U.K. and the EU say they will put more sanctions on Russia……why not hit them with the full hog, sorry if this will hit normal Russians who don’t want war but it might make them stand up and take note and the more that do other Russians might listen and who knows Putin might get replaced with someone that wants Russia to be a part of of the free world.

The US have Elon Musk who has already had 2 complaints from the Chinese for his actions in space. Musk just needs to refine his technique.

Also, blowing up US kit could have unintended consequences of wrecking their own from all that space debris, much that will be tiny. I'm sure the US and other allies will have been looking at this and building in alternatives to the systems.

The bigger threat could be cutting the cabling in the seas for all sides.

True but this could be irrelevant if the first strike wipes out NATO sat`s, from the time those go down until the time new ones are up
and online is the time he gets to do whatever he wants. Bleak but the man looks like he is on a mission.
True but it depends on how many satellites we are talking about, i have no idea how many satellites NATO has running around up
there, if the required number is small enough it might be doable.
Not sure thats a bigger threat, if Russia disables NATO sat`s we are blind and there is pretty much no way we would survive in those conditions.

His attitude is he wants Russia to be a big world leader and wants control as the old USSR had.
What really worrying is what Ping would want if as they seem to be supporting one another.

His attitude isn't anything to do with Communism though.

China are worried as Russia acknowledging separatist movements in other countries effectively undermines their One China policy with Taiwan.

What I can’t work out is when the U.K. and the EU say they will put more sanctions on Russia……why not hit them with the full hog, sorry if this will hit normal Russians who don’t want war but it might make them stand up and take note and the more that do other Russians might listen and who knows Putin might get replaced with someone that wants Russia to be a part of of the free world.
What, in your view, is the 'full hog' bazzer?

Because it will hurt us as well. Banning the Russians using systems such as SWIFT or operating in €/£/$ for foreign payments involve costs to us. Is the pain to us worth it to hurt Russia more? Yes imo but there are those arguing it isn't.

Because it will hurt us as well. Banning the Russians using systems such as SWIFT or operating in €/£/$ for foreign payments involve costs to us. Is the pain to us worth it to hurt Russia more? Yes imo but there are those arguing it isn't.
I think the hurt to the people of Ukraine should come into it somewhere. The bottom line is Putin is a murdering tyrant.

True but this could be irrelevant if the first strike wipes out NATO sat`s, from the time those go down until the time new ones are up
and online is the time he gets to do whatever he wants. Bleak but the man looks like he is on a mission.
True but it depends on how many satellites we are talking about, i have no idea how many satellites NATO has running around up
there, if the required number is small enough it might be doable.
Not sure thats a bigger threat, if Russia disables NATO sat`s we are blind and there is pretty much no way we would survive in those conditions.

I suspect NATO will do the same back making space lethal for any kit with the little bits flying about. I certainly wouldn't want to be in any Space Station should that happen.

This will be in NATO's and Allies planning for a long time I'd have thought. Whether the back up is up to it I wouldn't know.

I think the hurt to the people of Ukraine should come into it somewhere. The bottom line is Putin is a murdering tyrant.

Yes, but that is the reasoning why there is disagreements on whether to go full in or not on sanctions.

It's hard to imagine how Putin could possibly be less Communist. He's pretty much the exact opposite.
Exactly. When people start out with "commie" insults it's a pretty good indicator that they don't have the first clue what they're on about.

I admit I'm not massively clued in on the whole situation but better that than lazily continuing with outdated opinions or repeating what's in the Sun/Mai/Express etc. Absolute propagandist's wet dream.

His attitude isn't anything to do with Communism though.

China are worried as Russia acknowledging separatist movements in other countries effectively undermines their One China policy with Taiwan.
You could argue they are different sides of the same coin. China want to control by direct rule, Russian are happy to install puppet regimes and recognise "independence".

It all amounts to the same thing, ultimate control and somewhere and the ability to send troops there as a staging post for the next muscle flex.

You could argue they are different sides of the same coin. China want to control by direct rule, Russian are happy to install puppet regimes and recognise "independence".

It all amounts to the same thing, ultimate control and somewhere and the ability to send troops there as a staging post for the next muscle flex.

Even Chinese Academics are suggesting it isn't a good thing from what I've read.

Back
Top Bottom