International News Russian War With Ukraine

There is only one outcome in Russia, Civil War , nomatter who wins one despot will just take over from another one !
Much like May, Boris J,Truss now Sunak , then the fish party Salmon then Sturgeon , then you have Lib Dem leader Davy ,a bottom feeder if ever I saw one !
Do they honestly care about the cost of living crisis , don't worry what they give in one hand they take back with the other !
Nobody has said an extra penny in the pound tax rise to give the NHS workers a pay rise ,I for one gladly wood !

Nobody has said an extra penny in the pound tax rise to give the NHS workers a pay rise ,I for one gladly wood !

Remember the NI increase to fund the NHS?

I would have no problem with it either but it seems many did.

Cheaper to clap I suppose.

• React
Reactions: QR
Forgive me for not fully understanding the situation between the 2 Russian groups but I’m guessing one is controlled by Putin, who are the other group?
Also do Ukraine sit back and hope they are left alone or do they join forces and carry on attacking Russia?

I’d also like to say, stay safe @RussianYellow and hope you and the family are ok.

The second group is the private army that had been fighting on behalf of Putin, but is made up of murders, criminals and mercenaries that don't exactly comply with the Geneva convention and has committed numerous war crimes.

Putting is dangerous, but these are significantly worse and hugely unstable.

Ukraine will be hopefully taking the opportunity to regroup, recover and rebuild. But there is no way that they should enter Russia and need to leave that s**t well alone.

Incredibly, we may find the Putin regime collapsing and a more moderate regime taking over with the potential for Western support in stopping this from becoming a civil war that threatens far more than that region.

Incredibly, we may find the Putin regime collapsing and a more moderate regime taking over with the potential for Western support in stopping this from becoming a civil war that threatens far more than that region.
Let's hope so. There is a worse possibility, especially as Russia have so many nuclear weapons

They’re both psychopaths, Prigozhin is anti Putin now but not entirely against the war with Ukraine.
Mercenaries tend not to be against war anywhere at any time. It's their job and Prigozhin has become extremely wealthy by hiring himself and his private army out to the highest bidders (often doing Putin's dirty work for him in places like Syria).
Prigozhins big beef for the last few months is that Putin has not been equipping Wagner with the arms and munitions they were promised (they probably don't have them to give). And now as many as 20,000 Wagner soldiers out of an estimated 50,000 have been killed in Ukraine. I think part of this signals that both Putin and Prigozhin are getting more desperate the more ruinous the Ukraine conflict becomes for both of them.

Meanwhile, Ukraine are taking back territory that has been occupied by Russia since 2014, whilst their attention is elsewhere. But Putin's coterie will continue to tell the world it's all going to plan.....

The second group is the private army that had been fighting on behalf of Putin, but is made up of murders, criminals and mercenaries that don't exactly comply with the Geneva convention and has committed numerous war crimes.

Putting is dangerous, but these are significantly worse and hugely unstable.

Ukraine will be hopefully taking the opportunity to regroup, recover and rebuild. But there is no way that they should enter Russia and need to leave that s**t well alone.

Wagner aren't on their own with regards war crimes, plenty of regular units have been accused, something over 2,500 allegations of war crimes (and that was an old number). One example would be Bucha where the 234th Air Assault Regiment targeted civilians:

Looks like it’s all over?

For now. It will be interesting to see what promises Prigozhin has been given to stop his troops advancing on Moscow. No good can come from their involvement in this other than to bring this entire conflict to to the eyes of ordinary Russians who can then push for change.

Putin was not able to defeat Ukraine with an army made up of ordinary citizens in the early weeks of the war. And with the addition of western weapons they have wiped out 50% of the Russian army. Now Putin is running scares from a private army, and there's no way back from that. But madmen do mad things when faces with defeat so still really dangerous times ahead.

BBC reporting that the Wagner group have turned back to save any unnecessary blood shed

Back
Top Bottom