General Russell Brand

You know that only about 2 per cent of alleged rapes result in a conviction, right? It’s a very hard crime to bring to justice as there is typically little evidence
That was exactly my point. If there’s a ‘wedge’ of evidence as was alleged by the poster I quoted, then it should be much, much easier than normal to get a conviction.

That was exactly my point. If there’s a ‘wedge’ of evidence as was alleged by the poster I quoted, then it should be much, much easier than normal to get a conviction.
Much, much easier than normal could still be very difficult indeed.

Much, much easier than normal could still be very difficult indeed.
They will cancel him then go after the evidence.

I always thought he was crude in a brass necked kind of way, that his language was natural to him and not considered. His humour wasn’t specifically about putting anyone down it just felt like he just knew in his own mind that he was greater than everyone else.

He’ll say it’s because he has his conspiracies channels that the media want to cancel him ( like trump does).

Whatever happens I hope he gets a trial and that if he’s guilty he gets punished appropriately, and if he’s not that he’s vilified.

There’s something very creepy about him
Reminiscent of Jimmy Saville
Following with interest

Following with interest

Following with interest
I agree that my experience is there's something sinister about him but I am always cautious about saying this kind of thing because it can so easily sound like "people who look weird are more likely to be wronguns" (which is not what I'm saying you were saying) and all that ends up with is a load of goth kids getting the s**t kicked out of them

The allegations go back decades to Danni Minogue. It does have similarities to Saville with a big cover up.
It’ll all come out in time.
The Met Police appear ready to go ahead

They will cancel him then go after the evidence.

I always thought he was crude in a brass necked kind of way, that his language was natural to him and not considered. His humour wasn’t specifically about putting anyone down it just felt like he just knew in his own mind that he was greater than everyone else.

He’ll say it’s because he has his conspiracies channels that the media want to cancel him ( like trump does).

Whatever happens I hope he gets a trial and that if he’s guilty he gets punished appropriately, and if he’s not that he’s vilified.

Not sure you can cancel Russell Brand - he's basically already cancelled himself.
His career has gone from mainstream Hollywood movies to the BBC to YouTube to Rumble.....home of the far right conspiracy theorists (like Trump)

His audience is already confined to those who won't care about these charges.

But hopefully the criminal justice system is currently reviewing the evidence, and will make the appropriate call.....trial by media is never the right choice, even for scumbags.

The allegations go back decades to Danni Minogue. It does have similarities to Saville with a big cover up.
It’ll all come out in time.
The Met Police appear ready to go ahead
So, as you seem well informed, who do you think is responsible for the ‘cover up’?

So, as you seem well informed, who do you think is responsible for the ‘cover up’?
I guess we will know before long. Saville was a cover up for way too long. Not so sure that will be the case this time.
Everyone deserves a fair trial ,even Russell Brand.

Prisons are full of people convicted of historical sex offences, few of whom are rich and famous or part of any mainstream media background.

The reality is that it is often hard for people to process the fact that they have been raped, sexually assaulted or abused, let alone to find the strength to report it. Sex offending is rarely about sex and nearly always about power and control. They manipulate the narrative to shame victims into never speaking out, or not being believed when they do.

Twitter was a disgusting place over the weekend with posts about potential victims being money grabbing slags etc. And we have seen this time and time again, even on this forum.

I've no idea whether Russell Brand is guilty of any crime or not, and hope that these allegations are tested through the courts for all concerned. However, the miniscule rates of convictions for sexual offences is something we should all be ashamed of, and these media cases often makes this worse.

I agree that my experience is there's something sinister about him but I am always cautious about saying this kind of thing because it can so easily sound like "people who look weird are more likely to be wronguns" (which is not what I'm saying you were saying) and all that ends up with is a load of goth kids getting the s**t kicked out of them
Well Bob Geldoff certainly had a 'view' as far back as 2006! 😳

Prisons are full of people convicted of historical sex offences, few of whom are rich and famous or part of any mainstream media background.

The reality is that it is often hard for people to process the fact that they have been raped, sexually assaulted or abused, let alone to find the strength to report it. Sex offending is rarely about sex and nearly always about power and control. They manipulate the narrative to shame victims into never speaking out, or not being believed when they do.

Twitter was a disgusting place over the weekend with posts about potential victims being money grabbing slags etc. And we have seen this time and time again, even on this forum.

I've no idea whether Russell Brand is guilty of any crime or not, and hope that these allegations are tested through the courts for all concerned. However, the miniscule rates of convictions for sexual offences is something we should all be ashamed of, and these media cases often makes this worse.
One particular case I became aware of a few years ago was a near neighbour who was convicted of child sex offences almost 40 years ago. It seems like so many offences take so long to come to light. In this particular case four people came forward to testify against him.
Another case going back to 1975 in Oxford resulted in a teacher going down for seven years.I personally knew that this went back to the early sixties but I was only at primary school.
As mentioned these cases are so hard to prove.
I personally believe there’s no smoke without fire.
I’ll follow with interest

However, the miniscule rates of convictions for sexual offences is something we should all be ashamed of,
Agree with everything you said SE.
With regard to the comments on the rates of convictions, how is this remedied?
I am assuming that a lot of the issue is getting enough evidence to persuade a jury that there is no doubt. Or is this assumption wrong?

Agree with everything you said SE.
With regard to the comments on the rates of convictions, how is this remedied?
I am assuming that a lot of the issue is getting enough evidence to persuade a jury that there is no doubt. Or is this assumption wrong?

It's often one word against another which makes for very weak evidence, especially if there is a power imbalance between the two.

Knowing this means that many never even report offences, or believe that some how they are somehow responsible for what happened to them. What was so heartbreaking about the Barry Bennell * documentaries was how even years after everything had happened, and he had been convicted, some of his victims were still blaming themselves.

Victims feeling worthless, ashamed, or somehow deserving of what they experienced makes them appear weak or unreliable through the criminal justice process. I've known of cases which have not gone to court because victims are seen as being too weak to see the process through.

And those that do manage to get all the way to court can then see their background or lifestyle ripped apart in public. No one would ever say that someone deserved to get robbed because of the way they dressed, or because of how much they'd drunk. No one would say "why else would you go back to their place unless you were looking at being robbed?" But we're happy to do exactly that if someone is raped.

The judicial system is still predominantly made up of stuck up old men who still hold very old fashioned views of women. There needs to be a shake up from top to bottom, including the police focusing on doing the right thing rather than policing to targets. Then, and only then, will can we truly look to support those who are vulnerable.

Edit * didn't realise that Barry Bennell died in prison this weekend. Maybe justice after all.

Last edited:
Not quite. They’ve stopped advertising his show, and therefore stopped him making money from it but they haven’t banned him.
That's incorrect. They've demonetised his channel, meaning he can't make money from running adverts on it, and doesn't get paid per view of his videos.

That's incorrect. They've demonetised his channel, meaning he can't make money from running adverts on it, and doesn't get paid per view of his videos.
They haven’t banned him. They’ve stopped him making money but they haven’t banned him.
He can carry on waffling his nonsense on there he just won’t get paid for it.

Back
Top Bottom