General Rules Changes - Your Opinion

I'd like the rule fun rugby that the game only finished when the ball goes out of play.

Also: a ball only counts as going out of play if it touches the ground.

Fixed time limits on how long a team takes to take a throw in or goal kick. Take longer than say 15 seconds, and it goes to the other team (to prevent time wasting)

Fixed time limits on how long a team takes to take a throw in or goal kick. Take longer than say 15 seconds, and it goes to the other team (to prevent time wasting)

Similar to the law that says that the ‘keeper can only hold the ball for 5-6 seconds?

As I said earlier, I would settle for the officials applying the existing laws consistently.
What happened to the law that said that an injured player doesn’t need to go off if the foul resulted in a yellow card?
Or players leaving the pitch at the closest point when being substituted?

Also: a ball only counts as going out of play if it touches the ground.
But if you have that rule, surely you have to have goals only being scored if the ball is grounded as well, which, as with much in Rugby, is a bit of a nonsense.

I understand why some of the less 'well-funded' teams in the Prem play like that against Man City, especially if they are trying to eke out a point to help in a relegation scrap. But Arsenal are supposed to be competing for the title and a win would have been invaluable. I dislike this current version of Arsenal - they were pillocks when we played them, and are the very epitome of the functional over the enjoyable. People say they don't like Klopp or Guardiola - I'd take either of them over Arteta every time.
Completely agree. Arteta, the way they play and the squad themselves are so unlikeable. No excuses for going to title rivals and playing like Wycombe under Ainsworth.

Similar to the law that says that the ‘keeper can only hold the ball for 5-6 seconds?

As I said earlier, I would settle for the officials applying the existing laws consistently.
What happened to the law that said that an injured player doesn’t need to go off if the foul resulted in a yellow card?
Or players leaving the pitch at the closest point when being substituted?

The idea is to reduce time wasting. If players know they might forfeit a throw then they hopefully will stop the pantomime towards the end of games where they are seeing it a 1 goal lead.

And yes, rules should be enforced.

But if you have that rule, surely you have to have goals only being scored if the ball is grounded as well, which, as with much in Rugby, is a bit of a nonsense.
Grounded or in the net, maybe.

The non-enforcement of rules is a constant though. The manhandling that goes on at corners was supposed to be being clamped down on, and they started doing it for about three games at the start of one season before giving up on it. The 'only the captain can speak to the ref' (respect) thing has now gone out of the window, the adding all the time on for timewasting has now been reduced to adding some of it on, substituted players now wander off just as they ever did and don't get me started on 'shielding the ball out of play' which would be given as obstruction anywhere else on the pitch. If you steal yards at a throw in, then the throw should be given to the other team.

And yes, rules should be enforced.

Exactly this.
You can mess around with the rules as much as you like, but it’s a waste of time (pun intended) if the officials decide, for whatever reason, not to enforce them.

Back
Top Bottom