Manager/Coach Roy Keane passion, leadership, drive.

Newbury Ox

I've heard a lot of decent suggestions in candidates for the managerial role to move this club forward, however this will stir a few feathers but to me makes perfect sense.
Our immediate predicament is to halt the slide that is gathering pace at an alarming rate.
A strong character required.(Roy)
A former dressing room leader that commands respect and doesn't pussy foot around.(Roy)
A winner in every sense of the word and does not accept second best. (Roy)
He has great contacts and he has a track record guiding Sunderland to the premiership.
Any thoughts??

I've heard a lot of decent suggestions in candidates for the managerial role to move this club forward, however this will stir a few feathers but to me makes perfect sense.
Our immediate predicament is to halt the slide that is gathering pace at an alarming rate.
A former dressing room leader that commands respect and doesn't pussy foot around.(Roy)
He has great contacts and he has a track record guiding Sunderland to the premiership.
Any thoughts??
I would love it. Won't happen but it would be great

Murphy would certainly get a rocket up his a**e. I think some of the players need to be told a few home truths.

I just imagine that half our team’s knee ligaments would instantly collapse just at the sight of Roy Keane.

• React
Reactions: m
Any thoughts??
"A winner in every sense of the word and does not accept second best. (Roy)"
And that was one of his weaknesses as a manager. He sometimes struggled with the abilities of players in the Championship - he's not going to like League 1.
"track record guiding Sunderland to the premiership."
One promotion 15 years ago.

A
"A winner in every sense of the word and does not accept second best. (Roy)"
And that was one of his weaknesses as a manager. He sometimes struggled with the abilities of players in the Championship - he's not going to like League 1.
"track record guiding Sunderland to the premiership."
One promotion 15 years ago.
All of this is true but his post match press interviews would be worth a listen

Roy is probably quite happy doing his "miserable git" acting job across Sky Sports and ITV. Fair play to him for that, not sure how it would translate to a relegation dog fight when confidence is low lol.

No chance, he's happy earning a fortune talking nonsense on telly.

I do not think he had a good reputation with those he managed either.

Maybe we could be more realistic in regards to possible new managers :unsure:

Only merit of Keane is he's preferable to Fowler.

Can you imagine it? Our club constantly, and annoyingly referred to by the media as Roy Keene’s Oxford United, or Robbie Fowler Oxford United. I guess some of our fan base would lap up a ‘big name’ appointment and the media circus that would surround it.

I like Roy Keane.

I don't like the idea of him being our manager.

he pulls no punches for sure .... I liked this 'alleged' Keane quote re 90s CDJs ( especially being an original vinyl, old school type deck-meister myself) ....

333117986_3526092994286103_4235063917419783683_n.jpg

Was at the Cork Bohemians game the other Friday.
Critical of Sykes for not getting a shot away instead of looking for a penalty last night

While I genuinely shudder at the thought of some of the suggestions so far, as fans, we will need to get right behind whoever the Board decide.
Like them or loathe them, it’s not our choice.
We now have a pretty narrow window of opportunity for whoever it is to come in and put the pieces of this broken unit back together to grab enough points to get us back on track.
It can be done.
While the squad is seriously disjointed, there is more than enough talent here to do this.
Simply making us hard to beat will help. Just a few wins will likely be enough. All the pieces are here. They just need organising.

Back
Top Bottom