League One Rotherham fan assaults Accy player/affects penalty

i've heard of sending the keeper the wrong way but never the Penalty Taker

A pillock ran onto the pitch during the Forest / Leicester game this afternoon to try to thump Forest players celebrating a goal. I think there need to be proper legal sanctions, not just a paltry fine and a lifetime ban.

points deduction or fine ....or both?

The issue is that impacts the Rotherham team who really don’t deserve to be punished for an element out of their control. It’s the fan(s) who need to be hit hard. If Rotherham fans keep misbehaving, a game played behind closed doors will be punishment. It’ll hit the club’s coffers, turn loyal season holders against troublemakers and teach the right perpetrators a lesson.

It’s becoming a bit of a thing and it’s not helped by being emboldened by social media. The account that posted it used the laughing emojis suggesting they think this is just part of fan ‘banter’. It isn’t. You stay off the pitch during games and preferably after it too.

Another brainless idiot.
Lifetime ban and one for scotchers to lock up

Apparently there was more then 3 fans that run on the pitch, you can see another follow the guy that kicked the ball away on the video. Think it's time clubs start getting points deductions for this kind of thing. These brainless idiots will then stop!
You've used the word 'brainless' which is very accurate, as a result I don't think they will factor in a possible points deduction to their cognitive reasoning prior to considering how to act in the situation.

The recent Wycombe and Oxford incidents were carried out by day trippers rather than regular attending fans.

We also had two people who entered the pitch area yesterday when the third goal went in and the players ran towards the crowd.

Now that one isnt funny he needs locking up and a banning order from any football ground in the UK
That’s what I said scotchers can lock him up and and a lifetime ban……what’s not funny about that

Punish the individuals not the club, unless there is a proven casual link or encouragement of this type of behaviour by any clubs.

Given you can get a prison sentence for carrying a flare even if not letting it off (Cf Plymouth (a) several years ago), how can running onto the pitch and confronting players have a lesser punishment?

Punish the individuals not the club, unless there is a proven casual link or encouragement of this type of behaviour by any clubs.

Given you can get a prison sentence for carrying a flare even if not letting it off (Cf Plymouth (a) several years ago), how can running onto the pitch and confronting players have a lesser punishment?
The club get punished because of the lack of security. It’s the club’s responsibility to ensure the safety and well-being of players staff and decent fans.

It shouldn’t it’s as simple bad that’s

We also had two people who entered the pitch area yesterday when the third goal went in and the players ran towards the crowd

Yes , it was in front of me in the east stand, stewards didn't help the situation to be honest and were trying to fight with our fans rather then letting them celebrate with our players, the 2 jumped the metal barrier but didn't enter the pitch.

Yes , it was in front of me in the east stand, stewards didn't help the situation to be honest and were trying to fight with our fans rather then letting them celebrate with our players, the 2 jumped the metal barrier but didn't enter the pitch.
Hmmm where does the transgression begin, I would suggest as soon as you climb over a barrier the very purpose of which is to stop people moving past it. The definition normally given where it is not ok to enter is ‘pitch area‘ which begins before the grass. Would it be ok if several hundred fans jumped over the metal barrier but stood between that and the grass, no it wouldn’t.

Did anyone see this yesterday? Absolutely disgraceful. He boots the ball away and lays hands on the guy about to take the penalty. He went on to miss it when it was eventually taken. I'm sure I saw a stat once that the more time that elapses between the penalty being awarded and being taken, the greater percentage that get missed/saved. This is why keepers often try to play mind games and delay things as long as possible.

This is whole different level though. This bell-end may have helped earn his team 2 points. He'll get the fine/lifetime ban that's coming his way, and hopefully more besides?

This is so scummy. 2 point deduction?

Hmmm where does the transgression begin, I would suggest as soon as you climb over a barrier the very purpose of which is to stop people moving past it. The definition normally given where it is not ok to enter is ‘pitch area‘ which begins before the grass. Would it be ok if several hundred fans jumped over the metal barrier but stood between that and the grass, no it wouldn’t.

Happens loads of times in every ground when the players come rushing over to celebrate, but most of the time the stewards calmly push you back and let them climb back over, this one steward decided he would rather pick a fight and ended up causing more trouble. This steward was then pulled away from the head steward and sent away. Common sense is needed sometimes and the 2 who climbed over the 2ft metal barrier om to the tarmac weren't endangering anyone.

Happens loads of times in every ground when the players come rushing over to celebrate, but most of the time the stewards calmly push you back and let them climb back over, this one steward decided he would rather pick a fight and ended up causing more trouble. This steward was then pulled away from the head steward and sent away. Common sense is needed sometimes and the 2 who climbed over the 2ft metal barrier om to the tarmac weren't endangering anyone.
Think the ref could be more official as we’ve seen iooosition teams score and goad the home fans and order them back to the middle of jot so what they’re supposed to do and book the offending players

Back
Top Bottom