Robinson is a clown

If we are still in this position at the end of October (16 league games) I would hope it's goodbye KR, not here all season!!

Those who point to Sunderland away being a turning point....some questions/observations.

1. Was it really that good a result when they had 10 men for the vast majority of the game?

Let’s not forget that Fleetwood also went and got a 1-1 draw there yesterday.

2. Was that performance really a reflection of where we are/can expect to be?

It’s easy to motivate a team to go and perform in front of 36000 at a stadium like that, how many times do we see a non league/lower league side go away to what is a larger stadium/crowd than normal and outperform their usual ability.

I don’t believe that he is “the man” for reasons posted In the Coventry game thread.

I really really want him to succeed but I can’t see it happening.

Those who point to Sunderland away being a turning point....some questions/observations.

1. Was it really that good a result when they had 10 men for the vast majority of the game?

Let’s not forget that Fleetwood also went and got a 1-1 draw there yesterday.

2. Was that performance really a reflection of where we are/can expect to be?

It’s easy to motivate a team to go and perform in front of 36000 at a stadium like that, how many times do we see a non league/lower league side go away to what is a larger stadium/crowd than normal and outperform their usual ability.

I don’t believe that he is “the man” for reasons posted In the Coventry game thread.

I really really want him to succeed but I can’t see it happening.
Yes, it was a very good result. We were on the front foot from the off. Perhaps when Hanson and Whyte are available would be a better time to see whether Robinson can really, really succeed.

No players in the bar after the match - just Tiger's entourage of "hangers on". Something not right up there. All the talk afterwards was that we are apparently looking at a parcel of land near Bicester. KR will be here all season - you wait & see.
Sadly highly unlikely due to the fact that Cherwell district council wouldn’t allow it unfortunately. Would be ideal for me though.

but the true test of a manger is when they have to deal with adversity, such as losing a few players

• React
Reactions: m
Agreed. The performance at Sunderland was very good, and we were actually better when Sunderland had eleven men. Don't understand what's motivating some to suggest it 'wasn't really that good' or we were lucky they had a man sent off. I suppose it suits the agenda of those who've already got it in for Robinson.
Sadly it almost sounds like some want him to fail at Oxford

No players in the bar after the match - just Tiger's entourage of "hangers on". Something not right up there. All the talk afterwards was that we are apparently looking at a parcel of land near Bicester. KR will be here all season - you wait & see.

Was Tiger there today?

That wasn't the issue. We are not doing well this season and some performances have been poor and management decisions suspect ( e.g. Certain substitutions), but the quality of our performance at Sunderland was challenged, which is ridiculous and suggests some do indeed have an agenda.

Let's get rid of Robinson then, and the manager after him if we're not challenging for promotion after seven games, shall we?
Well put. Sides who keep changing managers only go 1 way,down

More likely that Tiger is looking for shop premises within Bicester village.

Sadly highly unlikely due to the fact that Cherwell district council wouldn’t allow it unfortunately. Would be ideal for me though.

Councils might......

If the price is right (Allegedly)

Mind you, "The Thai Airlines Village Stadium" has a sort of ring about it....?

Last edited:
Councils might......

If the price is right (Allegedly)
Yes agree I thought that but didn’t put it. Castle Quay 2 is about to start being built and as the main backer pulled out they might appreciate some money

Yes agree I thought that but didn’t put it. Castle Quay 2 is about to start being built and as the main backer pulled out they might appreciate some money
Hmmm.. just to add to all the conspiracies flying around, it was mentioned on sky during the match that the agreement Coventry have to play at the Ricoh runs out at the end of the season. They’re confident of a renewal but you never know. Coventry/Oxford ground share at Banbury anyone..?? ?

Hmmm.. just to add to all the conspiracies flying around, it was mentioned on sky during the match that the agreement Coventry have to play at the Ricoh runs out at the end of the season. They’re confident of a renewal but you never know. Coventry/Oxford ground share at Banbury anyone..?? ?
Banbury are looking to move out as whoever owns the land wants it for warehouses. Also it isn’t up to it in many ways. Capacity, standards and accessibility for 3. Would be an interesting cycle home for me though. ????

Last edited:
Banbury are looking to move out as whoever owns the land wants it for warehouses. Also it isn’t up to it in many ways. Capacity, standards and accessibility for 3. Would be an interesting cycle home for me though. ????
I wasn’t suggesting Banbury’s stadium, just the Banbury area in general ?

Incidentally, do you see many Coventry shirts when out and about around Banbury?

I wasn’t suggesting Banbury’s stadium, just the Banbury area in general ?

Incidentally, do you see many Coventry shirts when out and about around Banbury?
There are some Coventry in Banbury. I have just spoken to 1 who lives over the road from me. I had already told him they would win as we never win on sky anymore. I wish they would stop showing our games as we never win,always kick off at crap times and get no extra money for league games.

Back
Top Bottom