National News Rishi Sunak

Are you also joining the "casual racist card club"? As pathetic as your self anointed forum leader if so.

My vote for Truss was based on her being "clean" and having a different path to follow, even though we never got the opportunity to see where it went. She was not tainted by party gate, nor the other issues that Rishi will now get intensely scrutinised for.
Liz Truss was a master-stroke. She‘s performed more u-turns than PAC-man. She and her pick for Chancellor announced £45 billion of unfunded tax cuts and Kwarteng insisted the Tories were the party of “fiscal discipline”. I think he meant “farcical“. She got in on broken promises, all which, Sunak had warned were a fairytale.
The blue rinse brigade will be choking on their supper tonight.

No-one is saying you voted for Truss over Sunak due to ethnicity issues but I bet a lot of other Tory Party Members did based on their average demographic. Just need to listen to that call into LBC from a Tory Member the other day which was signposted on this forum.

During that vote I heard staunch Conservatives state in my earshot - 'we don't want him, he's not the right colour' and similar brazen statements.

1 alleged member.............. one. 🤷‍♂️

Liz Truss was a master-stroke. She‘s performed more u-turns than PAC-man. She and her pick for Chancellor announced £45 billion of unfunded tax cuts and Kwarteng insisted the Tories were the party of “fiscal discipline”. I think he meant “farcical“. She got in on broken promises, all which, Sunak had warned were a fairytale.
The blue rinse brigade will be choking on their supper tonight.

The UK GDP is, roughly, £3.2 Trillion.
Makes a bill of £45 billion look like small change really.
Now whilst it was "unfunded" ,the idea was to stimulate growth from its current state of torpor.
More growth = more tax = more revenue.
As an idea its not without merit its just different.

Lets see what Rishi comes up with in a week or so.

The best outcome in the circumstances. I wonder if there is enough like Chope who now want a GE which may put pressure on him.
Chope is the sort of MP that gives MPs a bad name, his frequent objections to private members bills (it only takes one objection to basically kill it off and a PMB and mean it would have to be introduced as full government business with a full debate). Criminalising upskirting, criminalising female genital mutilation, allowing a global women's conference to take place in Westminster, a posthumous pardon for Alan Turing, he even blocked the ratification of a report that found another backbencher breached lobbying rules. He has been referred to in the Tory ministerial Whatsapp group as an “absolute t**t”, and other comments include “the fact we can’t deselect these people is baffling”

Chope is the sort of MP that gives MPs a bad name, his frequent objections to private members bills (it only takes one objection to basically kill it off and a PMB and mean it would have to be introduced as full government business with a full debate). Criminalising upskirting, criminalising female genital mutilation, allowing a global women's conference to take place in Westminster, a posthumous pardon for Alan Turing, he even blocked the ratification of a report that found another backbencher breached lobbying rules. He has been referred to in the Tory ministerial Whatsapp group as an “absolute t**t”, and other comments include “the fact we can’t deselect these people is baffling”

Agree about him. The presenter relaying his comments suggested there are others who agree with this, whether there is sufficient I doubt, but can't be ruled out totally with the divisions in the Tory Party.

Good day for the globalist elite.

Sunak will be good for the rich, and let’s be honest that’s why he is where he is, because he comes from a wealthy background.

Penny was who I wanted, but not to be.

Sunak must deliver on the conservative parties manifesto and pledges, otherwise he won’t last long.

He has my support as an ardent Tory party voter, and I hope that he does well.

Now whilst it was "unfunded" ,the idea was to stimulate growth from its current state of torpor.

Well the markets said this is different,so much so that the Bank of England had to bail us out.
A complete and utter disaster and we’re all paying for their incompetence.

Any true enemy of the anti-growth coalition would be fighting to rejoin the EU or the single market as a minimum.

My vote for Truss was based on her being "clean" and having a different path to follow, even though we never got the opportunity to see where it went. She was not tainted by party gate, nor the other issues that Rishi will now get intensely scrutinised for.
Thank God, because it went down a very dark path which ended in financial ruin! Thankfully we have a system in place which means you can’t just come in and totally destroy the country, no matter how much of an idiot you are.

Hopefully this has taught you a few lessons and you’ll be a bit better judge of character now… don’t worry, it’s a tough skill and many people aren’t very good at it!

how long before Sunak encounters the next tory night of the long knives?

Well the markets said this is different,so much so that the Bank of England had to bail us out.
A complete and utter disaster and we’re all paying for their incompetence.
Ah, the markets - not the democratically elected body. 🤷‍♂️
Thank God, because it went down a very dark path which ended in financial ruin! Thankfully we have a system in place which means you can’t just come in and totally destroy the country, no matter how much of an idiot you are.

Hopefully this has taught you a few lessons and you’ll be a bit better judge of character now… don’t worry, it’s a tough skill and many people aren’t very good at it!
We will never know because it was not allowed to actually happen. 🤷‍♂️
Another PM thread.. it’s getting like ex players….only difference is that @Essexyellows loves them all till he never liked them and that the line of the club is always right until it isn’t.

No different to managers is it?
Change the manager never change your Club. ;)

Next? 🍾🥳

Point is never thinking graham Rix or pep Clotet were good managers when they were screwing up the squad and screwing us fans over…

Exactly the same… next

We will never know because it was not allowed to actually happen. 🤷‍♂️
I’m going to sneak into a hospital, wear a medical gown and mask as a disguise, and begin performing an emergency operation that I’m completely and utterly unqualified to be carrying out, like something out of a classic Chevy Chase movie. Then when people cotton on and drag me out of the place in handcuffs, I’m going to start yelling, “I just had different ideas! You can’t arrest me - you can’t even prove it wouldn’t have worked!

Back
Top Bottom